PDA

View Full Version : Lack of respect from PWC riders..............

Havasu_Dreamin
09-29-2003, 11:27 AM
So, we're cruisng through the channel on Saturday morning about 8:45 on way to Topock for some breakfast. Four PWC's come crusing by, no big deal it is a no wake zone, they can't cause that much harm right? Besides I'm in Havasu so things are going good. WRONG!
They are riding those Yamahas that have the water that shoots up in the air, as opposed to straight out the back. So, one of the idiots cruises close, within 10 feet, of the boat and then gases it and turns so that the water from the pwc sprays the inside of the boat and all over the stereo. All right motherf**kers it's GO TIME! burningm
So we turn around an accelerate back to them. They keep looking back and see us approaching, slightly faster than no wake speed, and me yelling at them to come back becasue I want to tell them what I really think about them with a few choice metaphors, you would have thought I was a sailor!
So, one guy turns around and comes back towards us, apologizes for doing it and I say to him "dude, you weren't the one that did it, it's that skinny motherf**ker up there that I'm pissed at." He continues to run his mmouth and say they were sorry and they didn't know what they were doing and it's no big deal and they just rented the PWC's. Just rented them! burningm I politely tell him, yeah right, that it is a big deal because it shows a lack of respect and common courtesy for other people on the lake and that jackoffs like him and his dipsh!t friends are the type of pwc riders that give the whole group of them a bad name! burningm
Keep in mind we used to own two Seadoos and we were very aware of the boats and never did anything to mess around with them or cause a boater to wodner WTF it was we were doing.
This is not a slam against all PWC riders as there are some of them out there that pay attention, but idiots like these four nuthuggers give the rest of them a bad name!

Madskillz
09-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Those guys had some balls to do that to you Hav. They are lucky you weren't a man with a short fuse. Guys like that would get popped down here in Florida. After we beat them then we would ask why they did it lol. True though that guys like that ruin it PWC peeps.

Starloans
09-29-2003, 11:50 AM
:mad:
PWCs huh.
I have just one thing to say about that.
I have my handgun cert. and my 10 day waiting periond is over.
Goddam son of a bitches. Every last one of those MFs belong in the bottom of LH.
Which leads me to my next comment.
I don't carry a gun in my boat becaue I don't want to wind up in jail. :D
BUT!
Can I shoot them with a paintball gun? Or better yet how about a 12 gauge with bird shot? eek!

BSheffron
09-29-2003, 12:04 PM
Just one more benefit to having a Jet.
They get you wet burningm ... You blast them off of the PWC!!! :D
small print (I am not endorsing the use of pwc as target practice for your place diverter!)

Dr. Eagle
09-29-2003, 12:16 PM
I have both boat and PWC and I have been at the lake up here one one of my PWCs and been hollered at by a boater for something somebody on a rental ski, or one of those really young punks with the tipped hair and the $500 ski did. I think PWC riders need to be on extra good behavior because of stupid stunts just like this by some moron with no friggin common sense. But then I have been at Havasu with my boat and had my daycamp bombarded by someone with one of those damn waterballoon launchers. That is just about as courteous.
I just don't know, the idea that the rental operators are able to brief a renter with enough information to operate the skis in a safe and courteous manner is BS.
You showed a great deal of restraint, that punk needed a good kick in the ass. I bet his friends winced when he did it and then were just trying to keep you from running him over...Some people's kids......

Jbb
09-29-2003, 02:59 PM
Two Word's
Place Diverter.... :mad:

bchbum
09-29-2003, 05:34 PM
I just had to teach a lady on a rental pwc how a place diverter works , after she cut me off & stopped right in my path . They,ll never learn , I love the place

dmontzsta
09-29-2003, 06:25 PM
so they gave up when they saw you walking them down and knew he couldnt get away eh?
too bad his buddy was sticking up for him, he deserved every bit of ass kicking he had coming.

TCHB
09-29-2003, 06:53 PM
People are renting jet skiis that have no idea what the hell they are doing. They think it is a toy and do not understand that one mistake will get them killed. How many times have you almost ran over a complete idiot on a jet ski and he or she looks at you like what the F. Parker is the worst because of the small area and navigate in and a lot of rented equipment. The only answer is educate or get rid of the rental skiis.

beached 1
09-29-2003, 07:17 PM
Two things. One of which I have always said in these boards for the past couple of years..
BAN RENTALS!
They give the rest of us PWC people a bad name.
Second-
BAN the Yami pisser thingys. They are gay.

Dr. Eagle
09-29-2003, 07:19 PM
Shit beached, couldn't have said it better...

CAHotRodBoy
09-29-2003, 08:28 PM
The trouble with beating down a PWC renter is that another one will come along after.
Now, I'm not a law suit kind of guy but maybe taking action against the rental companies is the only way to stop it? Kind of like suing the bar after a drunk customer kills some one. After enough hassle maybe they will go out of business.
I've been thinking about mounting a big ass pump and fire hose on the boat. When they come near me I'm gonna hose them off their PWC's all they way to the beach!

dmontzsta
09-29-2003, 08:38 PM
CAHotRodBoy:
I've been thinking about mounting a big ass pump and fire hose on the boat. When they come near me I'm gonna hose them off their PWC's all they way to the beach! That would be awesome. Great Idea!

FletchMonster
09-29-2003, 09:04 PM
Had a 16 year old-or-so girl fall off her rented jet ski right in front of me last weekend. Glad I was watching & not distracted or I would have run right over her.

Dr. Eagle
09-29-2003, 09:26 PM
You know the rental companies don't make all that much money anyway. But they either need to step up and figure out how to patrol the users themselves, educate the users in a hurry or quit renting the damn things.
I have gotten to where I watch on the lakes around here and I'd say 60 to 70% of the time when a PWC is being ridden poorly it is a rental. That is a real high number when most of the lakes renting them around here have about 4 to 8 to rent.