PDA

View Full Version : Boat launch isims

Blown 472
05-19-2003, 08:07 AM
I was down at the landing setting the timming on my boat, on the first of three trips the guy standing next to me on the dock is asking about my boat, how big is the motor, etc, and then asked how fast is it, I tell him runs bout 80, and he says "80 on the water?" stupid look on my face I just turn back to what I was doing.
Next trip to landing to check the timming, as I am backing in, some fishing dude says, "looks like you have a hemi in there" not having taken a look or anything. :rolleyes:

miller19j
05-19-2003, 08:09 AM
Blown 472:
Next trip to landing to check the timming, as I am backing in, some fishing dude says, "looks like you have a hemi in there" not having taken a look or anything. :rolleyes: Was his name Joe Dirt and Did he have a Mullet wig? :D

hoolign
05-19-2003, 08:14 AM
I'd a told him
..nope, siamese 4 cylinder, completeley experimental...so I can't tell you anything about it,and please don't tell people you saw it,there'll be a write up in popular mechanics next month :D
[ May 19, 2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: hoolign ]

Ziggy
05-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Most of the time when you get dumb questions like that is they are to shy to ask for a ride but figure a good performance question might be their ticket........ :rolleyes:

HCS
05-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Looks like a Hemi to me.
Isn't that where the spark plug holes are through the middle of the blower. :p
I run into guys like that with my ski boat.
I was camping and this guy comes up and says,
" That's a hell of a nice fishing boat, what's the pole in the middle for? "
Thing is, he was serious. eek!
He wanted to know if he could go fishin' in morning. :confused:

hboldno7
05-19-2003, 02:09 PM
My father inlaw always tells the story about the time he pulled in to the gas station somewhere in the Midwest and all the Locals hangin out there thought the K-Boat was a strange piece of Farm Equipment. Cracks me up everytime I hear him tell the story.

HCS
05-19-2003, 02:14 PM
hboldno7:
My father inlaw always tells the story about the time he pulled in to the gas station somewhere in the Midwest and all the Locals hangin out there thought the K-Boat was a strange piece of Farm Equipment. Cracks me up everytime I hear him tell the story. Must be for plowing the rice fields. http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/bloated.gif

HCS
05-19-2003, 02:28 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
Looks like a Hemi to me.
He wanted to know if he could go fishin' in morning. :confused: He wasn't from Wisconsin either.
J/K 472. couldn't help it. :D :D

HighRoller
05-19-2003, 04:42 PM
This is the conversation I had with a guy who's dumping ice out of his cooler.I'm standing on the dock at Topock waiting for the rest of our guys to come down,and looking at this guy's 26 Daytona with a Teague blower engine.Here's how the conversation went,give or take.
HR:"Nice boat"
DA(Dumb Ass):"Thanks dude"
HR:"Is that the 740 or the 800?"
DA:"Is what?"
HR:"The engine."
DA:"Dude it rips,it's like the 600 pro model".
HR:"Really.I thought with an intercooler that big you'd get more out of it."
DA:"No way dude,we have to fill it up with ice and beer like 3 times a day."
HR:"I mean the blower,does that thing run on pump gas?"
DA:"I don't think so.I usually just fill it up at the gas station when I leave home."
HR:"Cool.Well,nice boat.Looks pretty fast."
DA:"Thanks dude,I think the guy I bought it from said it did like 150 when he had it."

beyondhelpin
05-19-2003, 08:07 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
Looks like a Hemi to me.
He wanted to know if he could go fishin' in morning. :confused: That here pole is an up rigger. Specialy set for catching strippers and other girls who like to express themselfs!

locogringo
05-19-2003, 08:31 PM
LMAO.
That is a funny story HR

Jrocket
05-19-2003, 08:40 PM
HighRoller:
This is the conversation I had with a guy who's dumping ice out of his cooler.I'm standing on the dock at Topock waiting for the rest of our guys to come down,and looking at this guy's 26 Daytona with a Teague blower engine.Here's how the conversation went,give or take.
HR:"Nice boat"
DA(Dumb Ass):"Thanks dude"
HR:"Is that the 740 or the 800?"
DA:"Is what?"
HR:"The engine."
DA:"Dude it rips,it's like the 600 pro model".
HR:"Really.I thought with an intercooler that big you'd get more out of it."
DA:"No way dude,we have to fill it up with ice and beer like 3 times a day."
HR:"I mean the blower,does that thing run on pump gas?"
DA:"I don't think so.I usually just fill it up at the gas station when I leave home."
HR:"Cool.Well,nice boat.Looks pretty fast."
DA:"Thanks dude,I think the guy I bought it from said it did like 150 when he had it." Had me nervous there for a minute..thought it was a DCB owner until I went back and read it again.Now it makes more sense!! :D J/K
Funny story there... :)