PDA

View Full Version : Got my shirt

goeasy8
06-09-2003, 02:57 PM
Got my OP6C shirt today, pretty nice. But my son asked me what it stood for and I didnt know what to tell him????? What does it mean? :confused:

Ziggy
06-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Sounds like most people got theirs today.
Operation 6 Coolers hence OP6C---Right RD?

goeasy8
06-09-2003, 03:30 PM
thanks for the info

Sweet Addiction
11-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Ok, I had been wondering what OP6C meant for a while, and now I found it. But was the purpose of the trip for every person to have 6 coolers or what????? :confused:

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 06:32 PM
if my memory serves me correctly (which not very often)
they at one time had given away 6 coolers. but kept the same abreviations. hence opperation 6 coolers. :D

Sweet Addiction
11-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks MRS Flyin VEE for clearing that up.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks MRS Flyin VEE for clearing that up.
your welcome. :D

CrazyHippy
11-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Newbies... OP6 started as a gag covert operation to kidnap froggystyle, and drag him out to the river...
If my memory serves me there were 6 people that volunteered their coolers and contents to froggy if he made it out.
BJ(might not post much, but i've been around for a long time)H :D

RiverKitty
11-20-2004, 06:51 PM
I thought it stood for "Operation Party Six Coolers"? :confused:

DMVQUEEN
11-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Got my OP6C shirt today, pretty nice. But my son asked me what it stood for and I didnt know what to tell him????? What does it mean? :confused:
OP6C (http://www.op6c.com/op6history.html)

Sweet Addiction
11-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Wow,
Thanks DMVQueen. I did not ever realize that there was that much to it. A web site and everything.

RP1
11-20-2004, 08:05 PM
You all have the right idea. But for true clarification, Froggy is the man who started it and the one with the correct answer ;)

Froggystyle
11-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Newbies... OP6 started as a gag covert operation to kidnap froggystyle, and drag him out to the river...
If my memory serves me there were 6 people that volunteered their coolers and contents to froggy if he made it out.
BJ(might not post much, but i've been around for a long time)H :D
Close...
Actually, it came from an old thread called "Trouble at the River" about thugs moving in and taking the spots over. The original participants of the thread all talked about how this problem could likely be solved if we just got together over about six full coolers and figured out what to do about it until they were gone. This developed into what I believe to be the very first quasi-official get together of forum members. The original six people we were talking about getting together is a little fuzzy to me right now, but for sure it was me, H4215, Chesta Cheetah, RiverDave and Hustler. There was another guy called Fireman and RiverCrazy was in the loop as well. Slick made a cameo via his seat cushion and all told about 50 forum members got together over the course of the day. Good party. Covered by Hot Boat magazine (yes... they have a magazine) in fact.
It has devolved (evolved???) into the circus you now see. I personally liked it when it was just a big get together. It is way past that now, but still a total blast.
In any case, short history on it. It was an "operation" because the joke was that I was going to do a SEAL mission to take out the offending parties boats, while Fireman was going to do something, H4215 was going to stack ammunition for it (ex ordinance guy from the Nav...) and Monkey was going to take all of the blame.

ROZ
11-20-2004, 08:28 PM
Close...
Slick made a cameo via his seat cushion and all told about 50 forum members got together over the course of the day.
You mean the red seat cushion...
and Monkey was going to take all of the blame.
Fuggin' monkey...
:D

Froggystyle
11-20-2004, 08:44 PM
You mean the red seat cushion...
Fuggin' monkey...
:D
Correctamundo.

JustMVG
11-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Which begs the question Where's Chestah and why have we not heard or seen from him.... he was standard here when i first logged on, all i remember is he had some kind of trouble at Pyramid, and was never seen again, somebody drove a vehicle off the road @ Pyramid and it took hrs to get the rig out..... i think....MVG

Kilrtoy
11-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Im just curious where did you get that shirt, I need a sticker

Scream
11-20-2004, 09:27 PM
OP6C has a shirt? Who knew?
Wait a minute, is this a new shirt, or an old shirt that someon's trying to "move" before next season...
Damn, I hate working 16 hour days for weeks on end. I loose so much good information.
Scream