PDA

View Full Version : Memorial pics(kinda late)

Phat_Kat
05-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Well I forgot the digital so I was stuck with film. No way I'm going to ditch my first digitized motion shots wink . Here's my toy on the move. Something that a lot of people didn't do, most of you just milled around like cattle together at havasu while I was zipping around the river. :D
http://www.angelfire.com/pro/cow/images/BOATING1.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/pro/cow/images/BOATING2.jpg
image quality sucks but hey it's better than nothing.

FMluvswater
05-29-2003, 03:40 AM
Yeah!! Now that looks like fun! :) Like you said image quality matters little. Great pics! :)

rvrkaosI
05-29-2003, 06:01 AM
Looked a bit rough out there.... :confused:

Phat_Kat
05-29-2003, 10:24 AM
rvrkaosI:
Looked a bit rough out there.... :confused: Not that bad in a tunnel bottom. It's actually non-existant in a tunnel so I never pay attention. What you gotta watch for are the jet skis.

78Eliminator
05-29-2003, 11:17 AM
Phat_Kat:
Here's my toy on the move. Something that a lot of people didn't do, most of you just milled around like cattle together at havasu while I was zipping around the river.That's what's funny to me. These guys spend close to 100k, only to sit in a congested sandbar all day. More interested in showing off their big expensive boat, than driving it.

Blown 472
05-29-2003, 11:19 AM
78Eliminator:
Phat_Kat:
Here's my toy on the move. Something that a lot of people didn't do, most of you just milled around like cattle together at havasu while I was zipping around the river.That's what's funny to me. These guys spend close to 100k, only to sit in a congested sandbar all day. More interested in showing off their big expensive boat, than driving it. Gee, that sounds like here, I have seen boats with 300k in them that they drive a few miles and park it at the bar or on the sand bar. Complete with the trophy wife. :rolleyes:

Jungle Boy
05-29-2003, 12:38 PM
78Eliminator:
Phat_Kat:
Here's my toy on the move. Something that a lot of people didn't do, most of you just milled around like cattle together at havasu while I was zipping around the river.That's what's funny to me. These guys spend close to 100k, only to sit in a congested sandbar all day. More interested in showing off their big expensive boat, than driving it. I thought that I was the only guy that wondered that. To sit in a small area with a 100 other boats, with guys getting all juiced up sounds like an exersize on my patience. I'll take to the wilds anyday.

mickeyfinn
05-29-2003, 12:57 PM
I guess after spending 300K for a boat it makes affording gas difficult.

78Eliminator
05-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Jungle Boy:
I thought that I was the only guy that wondered that. To sit in a small area with a 100 other boats, with guys getting all juiced up sounds like an exersize on my patience. I'll take to the wilds anyday. You're not alone, The Rader Institute.

Mr.Havasu
05-29-2003, 02:20 PM
mickeyfinn:
I guess after spending 300K for a boat it makes affording gas difficult. You got that right!

HARDIN18
05-29-2003, 03:28 PM
Personally I think it is smart to sit around with your friends on the big weekends. There are to many jack ass's out there making it dangerous to be boating. I do all of the boating on the regular weekends.

Boozer
05-29-2003, 03:34 PM
HARDIN18:
Personally I think it is smart to sit around with your friends on the big weekends. There are to many jack ass's out there making it dangerous to be boating. I do all of the boating on the regular weekends. Then why even launch the boat?
I see guys out there go to the launch ramp and launch their boat. Immediately head to the channel and beach the boat. At around 2:00pm head out to thompson bay for 20 minutes. Imediatley head back to the channel. A couple hours later head for the docs and load the boat up on the truck.
Whats the point of going through all that hassle to sit on your boat? Why not just party at Crazy horse or something if u wanna party like a mad man and be on a beach full of people?

Cole
05-29-2003, 03:43 PM
I love kickin it....sitting around talking to people..meeting new friends...mixing in a hot lap or a cruise in between... cruise to the local "whatever" see who's doing what and where...
you really dont have to spend 10 hours a day rippin around in your boat...not unless you want to.
Its about doing whatever you like to do..i love sitting at the sandbar/floating bar/boatbar..or wherever there might be a cold one!!!Cole

Boozer
05-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Cole:
I love kickin it....sitting around talking to people..meeting new friends...mixing in a hot lap or a cruise in between... cruise to the local "whatever" see who's doing what and where...
you really dont have to spend 10 hours a day rippin around in your boat...not unless you want to.
Its about doing whatever you like to do..i love sitting at the sandbar/floating bar/boatbar..or wherever there might be a cold one!!!Cole I can unserstand that if you are going out to other places that you can't get to by land. But to launch and then just park in the channel makes no sense to me. You can park you car by the london bridge hotel and walk to the channel. Seems a lot more practical then launching the boat just to sit down there.

HARDIN18
05-29-2003, 03:51 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]Then why even launch the boat?
I see guys out there go to the launch ramp and launch their boat. Immediately head to the channel and beach the boat. At around 2:00pm head out to thompson bay for 20 minutes. Imediatley head back to the channel. A couple hours later head for the docs and load the boat up on the truck.
Whats the point of going through all that hassle to sit on your boat? Why not just party at Crazy horse or something if u wanna party like a mad man and be on a beach full of people? [/QB][/QUOTE]
How are you going to get to the sandbar with out launching your boat? How are all off the fine ass ladies that don't have a ride going to get to the sandbar if I don't launch my boat? Need I say more?

uvindex
05-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Seems a lot more practical then launching the boat just to sit down there...Please take this in the friendly spirit it is intended: There isn't very much "practical" in any of our boating hobby/obsession. Why launch a boat at all when you're going to end up right back where you began (at the same launch ramp.) :) Why have 800HP when 15HP will get you to the same destination? :) Why go 100+ miles per hour when you're really not heading to any urgent appointment in the first place? :) I'm not being serious, of course, just wanted to point out that "practical" doesn't really drive most of our boating decisions. :)
Happy boating!

HARDIN18
05-29-2003, 03:59 PM
RatherBeInLHC
[QB] [QUOTE]Seems a lot more practical then launching the boat just to sit down there...Please take this in the friendly spirit it is intended: There isn't very much "practical" in any of our boating hobby/obsession. Why launch a boat at all when you're going to end up right back where you began (at the same launch ramp.) :) Why have 800HP when 15HP will get you to the same destination? :) Why go 100+ miles per hour when you're really not heading to any urgent appointment in the first place? :) I'm not being serious, of course, just wanted to point out that "practical" doesn't really drive most of our boating decisions. :)
Perfictly said!!!

HARDIN18
05-29-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm not getting thi quote thing ver well.

Phat_Kat
05-30-2003, 03:01 AM
My thing isn't so much the cost it's where they're putting the money. If they put all the money into gold exhaust tips or props or something, or a beast of a stereo and tv's all kinds of useless crap then sit all you like. What gets me is that they get these 1000hp moror that make the boats got 130-150mph and just sit around. There's nothing wrong with sitting but my god you just spent enough money to buy a house, you should use the the thing like it's nobodies business. Personally if I was stupid enough to buy an F-34 with how little money I have now and financed over like 30-40 years then I'd live in the damn thing. Maybe I'm just too poor in comparison to guys that buy these things without worrying about going into debt but it doesn't make sense. My Dad is a toy nut and would buy expensive toys like boats... well mainly boats, and he'd run this living crap out of them. I remember he got a 25 cat(I think daytona) with some hot rod engines in it and actually trashed them first weekend cause he was too drunk to realise that they needed a cool down and also cause he wanted his money's worth. I've been GIVEN my boat so it was free from my dad and I run the thing whenever I can.