PDA

View Full Version : Marine shop in south Orange County.

Waldo
08-11-2003, 10:52 PM
Anybody know of any??? I'm in Mission Viejo area and am looking for service on my Mercruiser 350 Mag. Thanks.

beer hunter
08-12-2003, 03:16 AM
You might try Dick Simon Marine in Dana Point.

Quality Time
08-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Call Wilkes Marine in Santa Ana. Straight-up no BS guy with quick turn-around.

Ex-Con
08-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Good- Dick Simon
Bad- Jim Wilkes in Santa Ana- the guy (Jim) will tell you on the phone you can have it back next week, then after you drop it off, EXCUSES and EXCUSES will follow. You will be be real lucky to get it back in less than a month. And the motor might not be fixed. Stay away from Wilkes.

OCStoker
08-12-2003, 07:44 AM
Advanced Marine in Costa Mesa. I took my boat in for a new water pump on Tue. morning, got it back Tue. afternoon. He rebuilt my lower unit last year, so far so good.

beer hunter
08-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Hey Waldo, how long have you been in Ladera Ranch? I live in Wagon Wheel Canyon just up the hill off Oso :)
[ August 12, 2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: beer hunter ]

carbonmarine
08-12-2003, 08:26 AM
ex con,
What really happend ? Parts, Pay or did you keep adding to the list of things to do, etc...
What you outlined is simply not how Wilkes has managed to stay in business for over 30 years with happy & Loyal customers ... Do you think Hot Boat would contract with a guy like that in which you describe ???...yeah.... I didnt think so....
Rick32 :cool: :cool:

Ex-Con
08-12-2003, 08:34 AM
Waldo- before you tow the boat to Wilkes, just drive there and see for yourself what a dive the place is, boats in the street on the side, everywhere- Wonder how many of them "should have it next week" Just see it for your self. While that mess is fresh in your head- hook up the boat and go to Dick Simon!!!!!!
Carbonmarine- ***boat "contracting" with a guy like that- hey dude nothing surprises me anymore it means nothing...

Waldo
08-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys! I'll try calling the above mentioned places first.
Beer Hunter, we've lived in Ladera for over a year and love it. We are about 2 minutes from you. We are @ Antonio and Avendale (just south of Crown Valley). We just got back from a 10 day trip in Parker. Saw a boat similar to yours...were you guys there?

beer hunter
08-12-2003, 09:31 AM
Waldo:
Thanks guys! I'll try calling the above mentioned places first.
Beer Hunter, we've lived in Ladera for over a year and love it. We are about 2 minutes from you. We are @ Antonio and Avendale (just south of Crown Valley). We just got back from a 10 day trip in Parker. Saw a boat similar to yours...were you guys there? No, I haven't been out since getting back from Powell in late July :) We spent ten days there with twelve other families and had a blast :D

Floatin'
08-12-2003, 09:50 AM
I used Dick Simon on my ocean boat Mercruiser for the Gimble Bearing but be ready to spend some major $$$$.
Stay away from the Dana Point ShipYard in Dana Point big rip offs.
I like Dana Point Marine Center on PCH 661-5229. When I was putting in a new motor in my SkipJack they let me use their hoist and didn't try to rip me off.
Good Luck

Quality Time
08-12-2003, 12:09 PM
Ex-Con, I never experienced any of the problems you mentioned with Wilkes. As far as boats outside, maybe during drop-off and pick-up time, but at night they are stored indoors.

Tom Slick
08-12-2003, 03:53 PM
Take your boat to the guys at Extreme Marine in Santa Ana. They really know their shit, are affordable and won't give you the run around. They even call you with updates on your boat as needed when they are perfoming the work.

01RENEGADE
08-12-2003, 04:26 PM
I have used rk automotive and marine in mission viejo a couple times and they seemed ok ask for Rudy margaurite and avery or just before avery the are in the phone book