PDA

View Full Version : I fell off a 32 foot ladder today...

Mandelon
10-14-2003, 05:24 PM
Luckily I was only on the bottom step. :D

twistedpair
10-14-2003, 05:27 PM
Ladders are for PUSSIES!!! Strap on a pair of gaffs and fall off a 40 ft. Telephone pole, then we'll talk! wink

JetBoatRich
10-14-2003, 05:29 PM
twistedpair:
Ladders are for PUSSIES!!! Strap on a pair of gaffs and fall off a 40 ft. Telephone pole, then we'll talk! wink Been there burningm , get some great splinters from those things to. cry

Mandelon
10-14-2003, 05:31 PM
I tried the gaffs, but the make such nasty marks in the stucco.... :D

Beautiful Noise
10-14-2003, 05:36 PM
twistedpair:
Ladders are for PUSSIES!!! Strap on a pair of gaffs and fall off a 40 ft. Telephone pole, then we'll talk! wink Hmmmmmmmm I've been climbing for 28 Year's and haven't fallen yet,I guess I've been doing something right(Knock on Wood).I've seen Guy's fall,Seen Guy's ride a Rotted Pole all the way to the ground acouple of Time's :(
Steve
[ October 14, 2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Beautiful Noise ]

Beautiful Noise
10-14-2003, 05:39 PM
Mandelon:
I tried the gaffs, but the make such nasty marks in the stucco.... :D Mandelon turn them around the right way,Your not trying to climb out of a pickle Barrel :rolleyes: :D
Steve

twistedpair
10-14-2003, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I never fell clear off, But I burned one for about 15 ft. before gaffing back in. Kinda strange to see your knee up at chin level, talk about adredaline.... I still have tendinitis from bear-huggin that creosoted mofo!

Ziggy
10-14-2003, 08:33 PM
Mandelon:
Luckily I was only on the bottom step. :D LMAO--Best laugh I've had all day :)

DansBlown73Nordic
10-14-2003, 08:36 PM
LMAO..... :D

sandblasted
10-14-2003, 08:53 PM
twistedpair:
Ladders are for PUSSIES!!! Strap on a pair of gaffs and fall off a 40 ft. Telephone pole, then we'll talk! wink What in the hell is a telephone pole? It's called a power pole...Telephone line is that low lying crap electric linemen have to climb over to get to the high stuff on top!! :D

Beautiful Noise
10-14-2003, 10:22 PM
I thought all Electric Linemen worked out of Bucket's :rolleyes: :D :D Real Men Hook It :D :D
Steve

Screaming Pete
10-15-2003, 08:25 AM
Mandelon:
Luckily I was only on the bottom step. :D You need to get that song out of YOUR head its totaly distracting you and the next thing you know you won't even be able to get a Woddy!!!!!LOL

sandblasted
10-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Beautiful Noise:
I thought all Electric Linemen worked out of Bucket's :rolleyes: :D :D Real Men Hook It :D :D
Steve Buckets make it easier, unless the pole is in the backyard...I found the best way to avoid climbing is to become a supervisor.sure is easier on the back! :D

JetBoatRich
10-15-2003, 08:32 AM
sandblasted:
twistedpair:
Ladders are for PUSSIES!!! Strap on a pair of gaffs and fall off a 40 ft. Telephone pole, then we'll talk! wink What in the hell is a telephone pole? It's called a power pole...Telephone line is that low lying crap electric linemen have to climb over to get to the high stuff on top!! :D coming from the power man, how many have you climbed in your day :D

sandblasted
10-15-2003, 08:33 AM
Beautiful Noise:
Steve Buckets make it easier, unless the pole is in the backyard...I found the best way to avoid climbing is to become a supervisor...now instead of a bad back and knees from climbing I have a gut from sitting on my ass! :D

sandblasted
10-15-2003, 08:36 AM
JetBoatRich:
sandblasted:
twistedpair:
Ladders are for PUSSIES!!! Strap on a pair of gaffs and fall off a 40 ft. Telephone pole, then we'll talk! wink What in the hell is a telephone pole? It's called a power pole...Telephone line is that low lying crap electric linemen have to climb over to get to the high stuff on top!! :D coming from the power man, how many have you climbed in your day :D Climbed for a little while only...Fell off a 30ft pole, hugged it for about 10ft then fell the rest of the way...Landed on my feet, had about 2 dozen splinters in me...I figure you only get to survive one good fall and that was mine so I moved into supervision...

phebus
10-15-2003, 09:27 AM
Mandelon:
Luckily I was only on the bottom step. :D I just pray to god that your O.K. and you didn't spill your beer.
[ October 15, 2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: phebus ]

JetBoatRich
10-15-2003, 09:34 AM
sandblasted:
JetBoatRich:
sandblasted:
twistedpair:
Ladders are for PUSSIES!!! Strap on a pair of gaffs and fall off a 40 ft. Telephone pole, then we'll talk! wink What in the hell is a telephone pole? It's called a power pole...Telephone line is that low lying crap electric linemen have to climb over to get to the high stuff on top!! :D coming from the power man, how many have you climbed in your day :D Climbed for a little while only...Fell off a 30ft pole, hugged it for about 10ft then fell the rest of the way...Landed on my feet, had about 2 dozen splinters in me...I figure you only get to survive one good fall and that was mine so I moved into supervision... I was young and learned proper sharpening method after I bailed out of a pole eek! 2 dozen, you had it easy :( the doctor was poking at me for an hour, I either grab the pole or fall into a pile of cactus :mad: