PDA

View Full Version : Choppers on Discovery Channel

Mandelon
09-01-2003, 06:59 PM
That chopper building contest show is on tonite. American Chopper Marathon was on all afternoon. But at 8:00 is the custom chopper builders contest. :cool: :cool: :cool:
[ September 02, 2003, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Mandelon ]

boatnam2
09-01-2003, 07:00 PM
im getting ready to watch it best show on tv.

boatnam2

boatnam2

boatnam2

Kilrtoy
09-01-2003, 07:04 PM
HERE IS MY ENTRY http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSCF00821-med.JPG

Kilrtoy
09-01-2003, 07:07 PM
This is a rebroadcast,
Bourget should have won, Lanes bike is SOOOOOO WEAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKK

jlnorthrup122
09-01-2003, 07:08 PM
Yep I have been watching it that indian larry's bike broaght back memories for me! hey does anyone remember the boosefighters? probly not they where outlaw bikers (racers) that raced there bikes outside of town because they did not agree with the rules of the race ciurcut back in the late fourties after WW2! I had and still have an opritunity to start up a custom chopper shop with a previose buisness assosciate of mine but it would be all my tools involved and I have my tools commited to building my cat! so probly a no go on my end! might take in a relative on mines workin progress though for price of material and consumeables!

Eric455
09-01-2003, 07:08 PM
sweet ride kil..... been watching the show all day. kickin back doing nothing. had fun at havasu for one day this weekend and didnt want to stick around any longer for the craziness

boatnam2
09-01-2003, 07:11 PM
man its a repeat they made it look like a new show.discovery ****s

Mandelon
09-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Yeah what the F? They said that this is the first of four parts so maybe they will start with last years...and then move onto this year???

burbanite
09-01-2003, 07:18 PM
boatnam2:
man its a repeat Jim,
I thought for a minute you were talking about your four post from earlier... :D

Kilrtoy
09-01-2003, 07:21 PM
I think Bourgets Bike are ALL OVER West Coast Choppers. I have seen alot of them on the street, but yet to see a WCC on the street...

HammerDown
09-01-2003, 07:37 PM
The second 2 shows ARE new...and pretty good. Looks like the West Coast Builders are getting there Butts Spanked.
PS...I dont agree with how the Indian Larry VS Paul Yaffe show ended.

dmontzsta
09-01-2003, 07:37 PM
OMG anyone see that guys boat? twin 1200hp engines, with speeds of 140mph, that thing was sick! VERY NICE paint also.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-01-2003, 07:54 PM
Tonights show is a good example of weather outside of So Cal.
If you've ever gone to Sturgis,, you get a taste of real weather. Nice day one minute, 80f, then hail and all hell breaks loose,,,
It looks like the only thing Jesse is doing on the Discovery Channel anymore are 1 minute walk-ons for Monster garage.
I imagine his bikes are still selling pretty good.
I like his old episodes when his business was hungry,, witty, tallented guy, interesting as hell.
Has success spoiled Jesse James?

HammerDown
09-01-2003, 07:57 PM
dmontzsta:
OMG anyone see that guys boat? twin 1200hp engines, with speeds of 140mph, that thing was sick! VERY NICE paint also. Make that one of 3 Power Poats he ownes!
And as I stated above there is 2 new shows after the Bourget show.

burbanite
09-01-2003, 08:11 PM
Trailer Park Casanova:
I Has success spoiled Jesse James? Yep.
Saw him Saturday raising cash for his new jet (selling T shirts).
Arrogant.

sandblasted
09-01-2003, 08:40 PM
Trailer Park Casanova:
Tonights show is a good example of weather outside of So Cal.
If you've ever gone to Sturgis,, you get a taste of real weather. Nice day one minute, 80f, then hail and all hell breaks loose,,,
It looks like the only thing Jesse is doing on the Discovery Channel anymore are 1 minute walk-ons for Monster garage.
I imagine his bikes are still selling pretty good.
I like his old episodes when his business was hungry,, witty, tallented guy, interesting as hell.
Has success spoiled Jesse James? I think all he sells now are t-shirts and stickers....and there is no way in hell all these people with WCC stickers around SoCal actually own a West Coast Chopper...

Kilrtoy
09-01-2003, 08:45 PM
there is no way in hell all these people with WCC stickers around SoCal actually own a West Coast Chopper...
Outside of the 10 or so bikes on his web site, I dont think there are any other bikes.
And his prices are RE-DICK-U-LAS.
I/WE ONLY WHERE SHIT WE OWN....

burbanite
09-01-2003, 08:48 PM
sandblasted:
and there is no way in hell all these people with WCC stickers around SoCal actually own a West Coast Chopper... Ain't that the truth...
There are thousands of that type around here and I know as sure as shit they don't own a bike let alone a WCC...

The Boat Guy
09-01-2003, 09:09 PM
I see NASCAR shirts & hats everywhere, sure they don't all own race cars either.

Kilrtoy
09-01-2003, 09:11 PM
That is a sports team,big differance

STGP
09-02-2003, 09:23 AM
I agree with you Kilrtoy, Bourget should have won. When I picked up my Magic in May Bourget was in the there shoping for another boat, don't know if he bought one or not.

Mandelon
09-02-2003, 09:40 AM
Someone said all Jesse is building now is the Diablo. Selling way more Tee shirts!
I e-mailed Paul Jr. the other day. I suggested he build a theme bike. And the them was.....Liberace!
Can you picture that?? White Ocelot fur, diamonds and red velvet everywhere. LIttle Piano keys...Hahahahahaha Elton John glasses for head lights... :D :D
The list of apparel at WCC is crazy:
WCC Original Gear
Catalog
2004 Calendar
Shirts
CFL Thermal
Fool Proof SS / Baseball
Gang Script Longsleeve
LBC
O.G. Wifebeater
Original Cross Tee
Original Longsleeve
Redeye Longsleeve
Shop Tee
Sturgis Tee
Work Shirt
Monster Garage
Monster Garage Babydoll
Monster Garage Tee
Kids Monster Garage Tee
Sweatshirts
Flame & Cross Hoodie
LBC Hoodie
Red CFL Hoodie
Spidey Hoodie
Jackets
Chino Coat
Gangsters Only Jacket
Old School Jacket
Short Sleeve Riding Jacket
Strong Beach Jacket
WCC Windbreaker
Hats
CFL Flexfit Hat
CFL Skull Beanie
O.G Flex Fit
Pay Up Sucker Beanie
PayUp Sucker
WCC Beanie Reversable
WCC Original Beanie
WCC Original Hat
Stitch In Beanie
Accessories
Jesse James Sunglasses
O.G. Belt
O.G Belt Buckle
O.G Wallet Chain
Pay Up Sucker Clip
Riding Gloves
Miscellaneous
2002 Product Catalog
O.G Sticker Pack
Sticker Pack - Clear
Kids
Baby Blue Beanie
Kids Sturgis Navy Tee
O.G Kids Hat
Kids Black WCC Tee
Grey Bike Tee
Hey Ladies
Army Doll Tank
Baby Blue Babydoll
Baby Blue Hoodie
CFL Reflective Tee
CFL Girly Zip Hoodie
Girly Sweats
Original Babydoll
Red Babydoll
Women's Riding Jacket
Women's Thermal
Womens 3D Longsleeve
Work Shirt

boatnam2
09-02-2003, 10:46 AM
the next two show were very cool.i feel asleep just before the end of the second one who won the contest.

HammerDown
09-02-2003, 12:43 PM
boatnam2:
the next two show were very cool.i feel asleep just before the end of the second one who won the contest. Indian Larry...yep another East Coaster!
However, I'd take Paul Yaffi's type Bike in a Heart Beat.

Hermosa
09-02-2003, 12:49 PM
STGP:
I agree with you Kilrtoy, Bourget should have won. When I picked up my Magic in May Bourget was in the there shoping for another boat, don't know if he bought one or not. Did Bourget have a Sleekcraft 34' Heritage before????

STGP
09-02-2003, 12:56 PM
I don't know, but on the discovery show they showed a fast clip of him in a big fast boat-couldn't make out what it was. He was at Magic talking to Matt about a smaller boat prob. a 28' deck.

boatnam2
09-02-2003, 12:59 PM
man i dont know, go from a skater to a magic.

Tom Slick
09-02-2003, 04:14 PM
Bourget's old boat was a 45' Skater that was formerly the Sloppy Joe's race boat that he had converted into a poker run boat. He has since sold it to a Daytona Beach club owner.
Did anyone catch the qualifying coverage of the NHRA U.S. Nationals from Indy. You may have noticed that The Kalitta Team has 2 cars now with the second car being driven by Scott Kalitta and is sponsored by Jesse James and west Coast Choppers.
For some of the coolest custom bikes right now, check out this site. www.jesserookecustoms.com (http://www.jesserookecustoms.com)

STGP
09-02-2003, 04:32 PM
man i dont know, go from a skater to a magic. Prob. wanted another boat for the collection that would work for easy weekend lakein it.

Havasu Cig
09-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Last I heard Bourget was building a Hustler talon with twin 2000 hp mills on nitrous.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-02-2003, 07:01 PM
To take this thread back,,
Late last night FOX's Best Damn Sport show had the Orange County chopper family on live.
The didn't apppear as dopey. Came across as savvy clearheaded business people.
Tom Arnold asked them what the feature bikes cost and they said: $150.000 each.
They mentioned their main business other than choppers is metal fabricating.
They mentioned that they're price competitive with other chopper business and they sell about 300 production type bikes per year.
They strike me as the kind of guys that wear sox with their river sandals, and paint their wifes name on the passenger side car door. A little too Hoakey for the west.
[ September 02, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

OGShocker
09-03-2003, 06:15 AM
Funny thing about we as a nation, we take a felon like Jesse (the car thief) James and make a hero out of him and his buddies.
Go figure.
My .02
As for the chopper build off..... we watch all of the shows. West Coasters ROCK! That dude from Massa two shits was a pain to listen to and seemed a little pissed when Lang beat him.

Goodtime$
09-03-2003, 01:02 PM
Did Roger Bourget sell all of his boats? the 46 skater, 32 mti and the smaller skater?
what is he building next?
jesse james does build awesome bikes, but i think what we are missing is that he is a marketing man, his money is huge from clothings, stickers and sales, huge.
jesse also sponsors brian deegan of the mulisha,from what i hear jesse doesnt need to worry about money too much anymore...lucky him, hard work and tshirts pay off

Goodtime$
09-03-2003, 01:05 PM
matt hotch custom cycles, not too big on tshirts but there 2 wheelers look pretty nice.

Kilrtoy
09-03-2003, 02:04 PM
I dont think WCC is an awsome bike at all.
He does do awesome fabrication, Puts trick shit on to the bike, But the bike as a whole is not that awesome.....I can name alot of better built, what appears to be better handling and rider friendly bikes...

roln 20s
09-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Bourgett and his crew used to roll their bikes out to Pleasant in Phx all the time. He stored two boats there, and don't think he owns either of them now. He had a 32 Skater (same style as Bling Bling) and he also had a huge 38 Awesome cat with twin quadrotor carb motors, which I must ad never seemed to run, but none the less a great guy and a TRUE adrenaline junkie (with the cash flow to calm his adrenaline :D -hehe)
I'm not a huge fan of WCC's bikes, they do a great job, but just not my style. A friend of mine in Phx just got a WCC Diablo and felt he got a great deal..I heard around 110K...someone should describe the definition of "great deal."
My favorite bike is the TrimSpa OCC theme bike- oh damn...thats as good as it comes IMO and for $150K, it better.
Kilrtoy has a couple bad ass bikes (and wife :D ) and boat...man you got it all!
I must give props to Discovery, cuz their bike shows are bad ass.
SIDE NOTE- Anyone watch the BCoddington Hot Rod build in 6 weeks! That was sweet too.
Roln 20s

Kilrtoy
09-03-2003, 09:48 PM
That is way too much money
for a piece of steel and a motor with two wheels .
One thing I can say is
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM BIG DOG MOTORCYCLES AND V-TWIN CITY....
THEY SUCK....

woodster
09-03-2003, 10:24 PM
Whats wrong with Bigdogs?

Kilrtoy
09-03-2003, 10:37 PM
I HAVE THE HORROR STORY FROM HELL WITH THEM AND THEIR DEALER,
lUCKLY I GOT OUT BEFORE DELIEVER. MY BUDDY IS STUCK WITH ONE AND NOT PLEASED.
THERE BIKE IS FAIR TO GOOD, THERE COMPANY IS OK THEIR DEALERSHIP SUCKS BIG FAT DICKS AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WORSE AFTER YOU BUY THE BIKE NIT TO SAY IT WAS EVEN GOOD BEFORE YOU BUY THE BIKE...