PDA

View Full Version : Looks like my boating season is over

Catmando
09-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Was out with a friend in my boat, and running with a couple guys in their 29 Scarab. At 4000RPM(75MPH) a lifter or valve spring let go. :( Probly can't get it fixed until next year(I'm not working right now).
Anybody else on the trailer? Feel free to commiserate with me. frown

Boozer
09-08-2003, 07:21 AM
Catmando:
Was out with a friend in my boat, and running with a couple guys in their 29 Scarab. At 4000RPM(75MPH) a lifter or valve spring let go. :( Probly can't get it fixed until next year(I'm not working right now).
Anybody else on the trailer? Feel free to commiserate with me. :( What happened to your legacy for life? I thought you were selling a break through product?

Blown 472
09-08-2003, 07:31 AM
Catmando:
Anybody else on the trailer? Feel free to commiserate with me. :( I am sure bush is to blame for it. :D :D Sorry to hear bout it, just giving you some shit. :D :p

OGShocker
09-08-2003, 08:16 AM
Blown 472:
Catmando:
Anybody else on the trailer? Feel free to commiserate with me. :( I am sure bush is to blame for it. :D :D Sorry to hear bout it, just giving you some shit. :D :p LMAO!

Seadog
09-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Sorry to hear about it. At 4k seems like there must be something else contributing or it was getting ready to go anyway. Maybe you can go over to New Mexico and visit your friends, I heard Richardson had turned it into a left wing amnesty program.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-08-2003, 08:55 AM
DAMN! Must be a republican conspiracy!
j/k, hopefully it's not too expensive to get it all fixed.

mike37
09-08-2003, 10:24 AM
No mater what your political views are your boat being broke sucks
Good luck in getting it fixed and hope you find a job soon to
:)

Dave C
09-08-2003, 03:23 PM
My damn drive broke right before Labor day. :mad:
But since I am a damn Republican, I have enough green to get it fixed. (j/k)
The damn mechanic is taking his time though so I might have to kick his ass into gear.
I hope to have it back this week.

mickeyfinn
09-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Damn Conservatives....Must have snuck into your garage and F'd up your motor.

VillainDave
09-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Wow! isn't this a great country, you have no job which means no green backs to fix your boat ! i have to hand it to those fellas in DC! :D
Dude i'm am sorry to hear that maybe things will change real soon!

jus a baker
09-08-2003, 08:07 PM
are you sure it wasnt all al gores doing? just one less smog maker around!! :p :D

Kilrtoy
09-08-2003, 08:56 PM
That sucks, Sorry to hear about your motor.
But just think the U.S.S. BUSH will be ready in time for you to join up and serve on......

OGShocker
09-09-2003, 08:45 AM
Seadog:
Sorry to hear about it. At 4k seems like there must be something else contributing or it was getting ready to go anyway. Maybe you can go over to New Mexico and visit your friends, I heard Richardson had turned it into a left wing amnesty program. If Cat' was from Florida, I might think the motor was turning 7500RPM at 40MPH with three blades missing from the prop. Maybe then he would return, only to find the courts had actually stolen his his motor and given it to the guys in the 29' Scarab. :D

eliminatedsprinter
09-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Nothing funny about needing a job and a major repair. I'm glad some of the gang are finding a humorous side to this, as it is a good healthy way to look at things. I just can't, because I'm going throug a bit of a rough patch myself. I just hope you get yourself and your motor back to working A.S.A.P.

OGShocker
09-09-2003, 11:16 AM
eliminatedsprinter:
Nothing funny about needing a job and a major repair. I'm glad some of the gang are finding a humorous side to this, as it is a good healthy way to look at things. I just can't, because I'm going throug a bit of a rough patch myself. I just hope you get yourself and your motor back to working A.S.A.P. Sorry if I left the impression I was happy about his run of luck. I am not.
Those things that do not kill us, make us stronger.

boxscore
09-09-2003, 11:48 AM
This Cat fella has a knack for getting us all hot under the collar... and rightly so. But it almost seems like a joke, like this Cat person ain't even real. Anyone ever met him? Ever see Cat and RiverDave at the same time? Hmmmm...

eliminatedsprinter
09-09-2003, 12:22 PM
OGShocker:
eliminatedsprinter:
Nothing funny about needing a job and a major repair. I'm glad some of the gang are finding a humorous side to this, as it is a good healthy way to look at things. I just can't, because I'm going throug a bit of a rough patch myself. I just hope you get yourself and your motor back to working A.S.A.P. Sorry if I left the impression I was happy about his run of luck. I am not.
Those things that do not kill us, make us stronger. I didn't get that impression. Like I said, I think it is healthy to find humor in such things. :D
Besides, I debate Cat a lot on this forum and probably bug him a little. So, for myself, at this time, I just want to wish him well. :cool:

Dave C
09-09-2003, 12:32 PM
I hate end of the year blow ups. :mad: I have had more than my fair share of them.
Of course it seems logical to just call it quits and re-group for next year but I can never bring myself to do that.
I always try to rush a replacement. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Catmando
09-09-2003, 03:20 PM
Shouldn't be too hard to fix, as long as I didn't throw a rod. BTW the money I bought it with I made when Clinton was President. I LOST money under Tree Bush, and took my money out of the market when Shrub stole the White House.

Tahiti Owner
09-09-2003, 03:26 PM
WOW it looks like I did things backwards this year... My motor spun 2 bearings and seized up way back in early June. The motor was finally finished and in the boat just 2 weeks ago...I guess I'll be all set next season!!!!

Tahiti Owner
09-09-2003, 03:27 PM
PS my company is looking for drivers...but I'd say Texas would be some kinda commute!!!

beyondhelpin
09-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Maybe it thru a chad! :D
Sorry to hear about the bad run of luck.

09-10-2003, 10:14 AM
Hillery just called and accused the "Vast Right Wing Conspiricy" of your engine breaking and your loss of job. She is going to introduce a bill in the Senate to assure that we all feel your pain, to regulate engine breakage and tax those of us who's engines are not broken so that we may all do our part in society to assure that those less fortunate have running engines. Algore also assures that these funds will be put into a lockbox so that nobody can dip into these funds for other misguided uses such as prescription medicine, national health care or for undocumented workers' drivers licences. Gotta hand it to the Democrats, they take care of everyone. :D

COELIMINATOR
09-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Cat, you posted on OSO you made $15000.00 this year on your investments!!!! What gives???? BTW, sorry for your engine misfortune.