PDA

View Full Version : My weekend went well....

summerlove
09-09-2003, 12:38 PM
AT the launch ramp on Friday, met Essex 502 and his Mrs! Seemed very nice, waved to Havasu Dreamin, went to our Regatta, placed first in the slalom event, won the poker hand, got the Spirit Award for our parade entry Saturday night, wife placed 3rd in the women's powder puff on Sunday, I came in 4th in the giant slalom on sunday, and had a weenie roast up river past the sand bar sunday afternoon after the regatta officialy ended with about 20-30 campbells all lined up! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/951Campbell-med.jpg We had a great time - hope some of you were in the channel on Saturday when we went through all decorated. I'll post a pic of Summer Love in full dress tonight or tomorrow...

Dusty Times
09-09-2003, 12:52 PM
I thought there were a lot of Campbells in the channel on Saturday. Sounds like you had a good weekend (of course after winning the poker hand)

Hustler
09-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Nice pic, I really wanted to go just to check out all the boats but it just was'nt in the cards.
Summer Love do you know of a 24 named "In The Red" it use to belong to a friend of mines parents.

OGShocker
09-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Great to here you had a nice time!
Thank you for sharing!

OGShocker
09-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Double. Sorry
[ September 09, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: OGShocker ]

summerlove
09-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Hustler:
do you know of a 24 named "In The Red" it use to belong to a friend of mines parents. Know the boat, but not the owners - it is the same year as mine and is very similar in set up.

Hustler
09-09-2003, 01:31 PM
It was a very nice boat, I spent just about 7 or 8 summer on that boat back in the day. It was owned at the time by Mike Fey. Ring any bells?

Hustler
09-09-2003, 01:34 PM
I just read your sig, man that sucks about that boat. What happened?

summerlove
09-09-2003, 01:49 PM
summerlove:
Hustler:
do you know of a 24 named "In The Red" it use to belong to a friend of mines parents. Know the boat, but not the owners - it is the same year as mine and is very similar in set up. I recognize the name, but don't know them. Like may campbell owers, we know the names of the boats but not the owners names.
Stainless Steel was a very nice 24' Campbell, twin turbo 454, very fast. On his way to the regatta last wednesday night, he was on Rice Road and going to his buddies place at big river. About 10 min out, he looked down at his phone to see if he had service, truck drifted, overcorrected, and his rig completed a 360 as the boat went flying. Maybe someone else saw it - I saw the pics, and that boat was compeltely destroyed. Nothing was salvagable according to the owner. I'm trying to get pics from him, but since they are not digital, I'm not sure it'll happen. If I do, I'll post...

Hustler
09-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Thats sad, another reason I dont drive Rice road.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-09-2003, 02:45 PM
Rick, glad to hear you had a good time this weekend! Congrats on winning the slalom event!

68campbell
09-09-2003, 03:34 PM
Summerlove, did you sell your flatty yet, I'm looking to sell mine and get a 24 Campbell.

summerlove
09-09-2003, 03:41 PM
68campbell:
Summerlove, did you sell your flatty yet, I'm looking to sell mine and get a 24 Campbell. The guy that owned your boat may be buying mine - he's suposed to get back in touch with me, hopefully soon! (you know, I almost bought your boat a couple of years ago for $2500 less motor)
There are not very many nice 24's for sale right now. The good ones are all coveted, and the beaters are on the market. I'll keep my eyes out for you. I see and hear about a number of them that come up for sale and get sold w/o any advertising.

cola
09-09-2003, 03:52 PM
We were at your parade it was fun seeing all the Campbell's. I remember when it was Campbell Cove not Copper Canyon (old Havasu). How is the blue Campbell that burned the first trip out for the new owner. Is he rebuilding her. There is one in a storage lot in town I drive buy and think about what could be. Looks like it has sat for a few years.
Later, Mike

summerlove
09-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Here we are at the parade - "Under the Big Top" - I'm the circus master, we had three clowns (appropriate) a lion tamer and a lion. All in all, I think we did a pretty good job. We also tossed out peanuts and animal crackers to the kids lining the channel!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/951regatta03-med.JPG

SPECTRABRENT
09-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Summerlove,
I was going to go to the regatta this weekend with my dad on his 28, but I had a wedding to attend. I hate to hear about Stainless Steel, that was a nice Campbell.
Brent

summerlove
09-10-2003, 05:19 PM
SB:
Which 28 is your dad's?

SPECTRABRENT
09-10-2003, 07:38 PM
After he sold his 32 Campbell, he went and bought
a white & red 1987 28 with I/O's (made by Eliminator), I dont think it had a name. Boat is at Campbell getting a some work done.
I think he paid $15,000.00 for it, not a bad deal. I told him to buy Bald Eagle.
Brent