PDA

View Full Version : Katherine Landing Slips

THATJEFFGUY
08-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Does anyone know how that BS works at Katherine Landing to get a slip ?? Don't they have some kinda "lottery system" up there ? Is it the same during the week too ? I know, I know, it's gonna be a total cluster f**k on Labor Day, but I have decided to brave the crowds and lake lice once again this year ! I was thinkin' of going up Wed or Thurs and getting a slip for the weekend...any suggestions ?

Floored
08-24-2003, 08:58 PM
get there early AM and pay for the slip for the entire time you will be there. $15.00 per day. If you are staying in the motel you get preference, but otherwise its first come first served and after that you try to get on the list. Good luck been there and it sure beats pulling out and launching every day. 5:30 am cup of coffee and first boat out gets the glass. :D

Kilrtoy
08-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Ok here is the deal , Get there on tuesday put your name on the list and you may get it on thursday or friday,
MAKE SURE SOME ASS DOESNT CROSS OUT YOUR NAME AND PUT HIS IN YOUR PLACE

FRANK THE TANK
08-24-2003, 09:04 PM
If you have a boat over 20 ft you are going to have a hard tiime getting a slip. I got one for a 19 ft boat last time (on an off weekend mind you) but I couldn't get a slip for a 23 ft boat. As for the slip call, a waste of gas, time and money if you ask me. I hope you have a good time. You are definitely a braver man than I. Katherines on Labor Day.......uuuuhhhhh!!!!

phebus
08-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Play Russian Roulette. You have a better chance surviving that, than getting a slip at Katherines. What an antiquated system.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Kilrtoy:
Ok here is the deal , Get there on tuesday put your name on the list and you may get it on thursday or friday,
MAKE SURE SOME ASS DOESNT CROSS OUT YOUR NAME AND PUT HIS IN YOUR PLACE Yep, there it is.
Early in the week,,, and watch for your name being erased.
If you're not staying at the Motel, it's faster and easier to drive to Cottonwood and launch there.

RiverForUs
08-24-2003, 09:24 PM
phebus:
What an antiquated system. No disrespect intended, but isn't "first come, first served" they way it ought to be? What would work better? The part I hate to see at Ketherine's is when one person puts his name on the list four times in a row! WTF! You can't tell me he's bringing 4 of his own boats. That's BS that he gets slips for 3 of his friends who I beat out to the lake by 3 days.
That's what SUCKS about their system!

Kilrtoy
08-24-2003, 09:27 PM
No disrespect intended, but isn't "first come, first served" they way it ought to be? What would work better? The part I hate to see at Ketherine's is when one person puts his name on the list four times in a row! WTF! You can't tell me he's bringing 4 of his own boats. That's BS that he gets slips for 3 of his friends who I beat out to the lake by 3 days.
Yep you see that all the time....

phebus
08-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Anyone can come and put as many names on the list as they want. They dont check anything. I have seen people do that, and then sell the names to others just prior to the lottery.

THATJEFFGUY
08-24-2003, 09:47 PM
OK..it doesn't sound good so far. So how far is Cottonwood (by car) from Laughlin...and do they have slips there ? We will have 3 boats, 2 26 footers and a 28. Or maybe I could just get to Katherines ramp at 4:30 am, launch and sleep on the boat till like 9 or so. Then if I launch at Cottonwood, how far (by boat) is it back to gas Alley ?

Kilrtoy
08-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Oh your FU#$ED
you will never get a slip for those sizes

Trailer Park Casanova
08-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Cottonwood is about an hour drive. You may have the launchramp to yourself.
Honolulu Blue water, 85 degrees, peaceful atmosphere.
Slips available, usually no list or waiting unless a Bass tourney if going on and you don't usually see those in summer.
Plenty of fuel pumps.
Gasoline alley is 17.2 miles south.
Launching at Katherines can easily take well over an hour on a weekday, murder on weekends. Longer to retrieve your boat in the late afternoon because everyone returns near the same time.
It's pure hell getting your boat back on the trailer.
I'm being easy on Katherines,,, it really sucks brother.

Rexone
08-24-2003, 10:15 PM
Kathrine's sucks on a normal weekend much less a holiday. Launch during the middle of the night or expect to spend half your day launching and re-trailering and sittin in the sun. I've heard the slip deal at Kathrine's is little better than the launching program. Too many people, not enough facility. It sucks bigtime.
Cottonwood's a good call.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-25-2003, 06:15 AM
Forget aaaabout it!
It is highly un likely You will get a slip.
We were up there this weekend and there was not any slips on thursday. Lucky for us we rent by the month.
Launch ramp wait on sat afternoon untill about 10:00 was about 2hours. What a ball sittin in the slip watchin the action when the storm hit sat. night. Lightning wind and rain mixed with Lake lice swams and freeked out women with pissed off men made for a hell of a show.
Hit the lake early, at 5:00am all weekend the ramp was empty and the water smooth.
If You choose to just grab a slip that no one is using out in the monthly area be carefull they will impound your boat. They were gathering them up bright and early sunday morning.
Jeff and Angie

burtandnancy
08-25-2003, 06:39 AM
The little Hitler who runs the moorage is not a nice man...

THATJEFFGUY
08-25-2003, 05:07 PM
OK well it looks like I'll just launch at Katherines AFTER we leave Losers...say around 4:30 am..the ramp shouldn't be too busy then ! Then I'll just pass out on the boat until the rest of the crew sobers up and arrives to wake me up in the morning. As for trailering it back on, I think I'll put the truck in line that evening and assign one lucky person to wait in the line...while the rest of us go into the restaurant and eat/drink for 3 hours ! Sound like a plan ??