PDA

View Full Version : Several in this forum fell for this scam:

Trailer Park Casanova
08-24-2003, 08:36 PM
I trade my Lakers season tickets with several others on this board. Two have been hit in a Downtown LA scam, plus;
Kathys boss got hit in this scam for $100, as did a neighbor down the street, and lots of people that sit around my seats at Staples. Everyone is walking in the door loaded with cash when you're talking $10 beers,,,
Here's how it goes:
You're walking up to the Staples Center, or to the LA boat show next door at the LA convention center and are approached by a lady.
Nicely dressed, Daisy Duck Shoes ( coptalk for pumps ), very dark complexion, and a story she is a teacher, left on break to pay a ticket, locked her purse in her car, the tow truck operator won't unlock the door without $80 in advance, ,, she'll get the money right back to you, has to get back to her students, please help her out.
A lot of people have been stung by her. She's convincing, and the bumpkin tourists from out yonder are easy prey.
She works from Our Lady of Angels on Temple St, South to Olivera st, West to Staples Ctr. and the Convention center. Canvasing the music center, the water courts, the courthouse bldg (lots of tourists go there to take pics at the fountain the Bud Light commercials are filmed with the two girls wrestling).
My brother is a downtown LAPD and said she preys off tourists, makes at least $500 a day (from those who report the crime, most don't), and is the best they've seen for sometime.
Very good at avoiding the cops.
Well, ya heard it here. Not a lot of cash to be hit for,, but still, you're mad at the world ya fell for it.

LaveyJet
08-24-2003, 08:45 PM
Stupid is as Stupid does....

Kilrtoy
08-24-2003, 08:49 PM
You would have to be a complete moron to fall for that shit. I'd tell her for the eighty she would have to get me and the mrs off first...

HighRoller
08-24-2003, 08:59 PM
Damn Kilr,you're kinda cheap.Anyways,how does she take off with the money?If she wanted 80 from me to get into her car I'd want to go to the car with her!!!

Trailer Park Casanova
08-24-2003, 09:04 PM
Kilrtoy:
You would have to be a complete moron to fall for that shit. I'd tell her for the eighty she would have to get me and the mrs off first... Just down from you on Topanga near the Baja fresh is a law office whose several Lawyers that work got stung at Staples the same night.
The cops say she has a system, probably with accomplices, cellphones ect, that tails people from the Blue line, gold line, Metrolink, Union Station, and the many, numerous Parking lots in the area.
It's a system that avoids the cops, and rakes in the cash.

Kilrtoy
08-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Lawyers that work got stung at Staples the same night.
Goes to show they have no BRAINS

ColeTR1
08-24-2003, 10:01 PM
HighRoller:
I'd want to go to the car with her!!! Don’t ever go anywhere with someone you don’t know. The next thing you know you have a gun in your face. Then next you’re locked into a your trunk as they drive around for 12 hours maxing out your credit cards and at the same time they are yelling that there going to kill you. Then after they have max out your cards they take you to south central and drop you off in an alley and tell you to run! As you start running they start laughing at you then next you hear gunfire and you feel something hot in your back. Sounds crazy? My friend still has a scar on his back from the bullet. This all started in his office parking lot near L.A.

HighRoller
08-24-2003, 10:18 PM
Very true.I'm not saying I'd just walk off with some broad in the middle of the night.I rarely even listen to people with sob stories like that because everyone knows that tow trucks will open your door and ask to get paid after.....And the out of gas thing is fake too.If you tell them you'll buy them gas and take them to the car they get all weird and walk away.