PDA

View Full Version : When dogs bite @ the river

cola
09-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Whats with dogs that jump off of there boat @ the beach and attack your dog just walking buy. I don't think that is the place for dogs like this. Not even a I'am sorry is she ok. Control your dogs or use a leash.
Later, Mike&Kim
[ September 07, 2003, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: cola ]

GlastronGuy
09-08-2003, 03:50 AM
Better yet, leave the dogs at home.

Jungle Boy
09-08-2003, 04:02 AM
I hate people with dogs that they can't control. I take my dog for walks in a off leash park when I'm at home and am shocked at the amount of dogs that run around there that are putting the run on other dogs. I have told some owners to control their dogs and they give you the evil eye and have even said that it's off leash area, like it's OK to have a dog that attacks other dogs there. Some people shouldn't have animals at all. :mad:

BLUBYU
09-08-2003, 04:21 AM
Leave the dogs at home where they belong. Dog owners think everyone loves " THEIR" dog and that their dog is not like all the others. They don't belong at the lake or the beach.

Seadog
09-08-2003, 05:31 AM
Blubyu, I will take dogs over some of the people on the lakes any day. A dog out of control is no worse than a kid out of control. My dog goes with me on my boat whenever practical. When he does go with me, I make many new friends. I especially enjoy letting children pet him. There are rules about dogs in public, just as their are rules for everything else. My dog has his CGC (Canine Good Citizen)and I try to keep up with his training as much as possible.

Blown 472
09-08-2003, 05:37 AM
They are ok if they stay off the deck of my boat and the owners keep an eye on them other wise they are just like the bastard kids throwing sand around my boat.

Mandelon
09-08-2003, 05:42 AM
Seadog, I don't really think anyone has a problem with a well behaved, friendly dog. Its when the aggressive ones run right up on you, your pet, or your kids.
It happens at our local park. My little kids ride their bikes and some people with dogs let their pets run free there. Several times different dogs have chased after and run up on my kids. I have taught my kids not to run or show fear. They stop and wait for me if it looks OK to do so. But God help the dog and its owner if one of them hurts my children.....

hot_diggity_dog
09-08-2003, 06:15 AM
Origially posted by: COLA
Whats with dogs that jump off of there boat @ the beach and attack your dog just walking buy. I don't think that is the place for dogs like this. Not even a I'am sorry is she ok. Control your dogs or use a leash. The story is about my Black and Tan Weiner Dog COCO. (I recieved the Private Message above from Cola this morning)
I thought I would check the forum 1st before I replied to see if this was made public as well as private. :rolleyes:
I was right Cola decided to do both.
This is my response to his PM.
It speaks for itself. wink (SORRY)
The PM sent to Cola:
First of all Mike and Kim my sincere apologies and hope your dog is fine. :( wink
2nd maybe you didn't here my wife say she was sorry? I didn't see the incident but heard my wife apologies to you guy's.
This was an isolated incident, as my dog's or dog doesn't just jump off the boat and attack for no reason.
Just before you guy's had walked by the black Labrador had just gave my dog a growl when they were both on the beach and got that her fired up. Then you guy's come walking by!
Like I said we are sorry and hope your dog is fine. If my dog hurt your dog let me know or why didn't you say anything?
And if you new it was me (HDD) why didn't you come back you talk? :confused:
HDD :cool:

THOR
09-08-2003, 06:24 AM
BLUBYU:
Leave the dogs at home where they belong. Dog owners think everyone loves " THEIR" dog and that their dog is not like all the others. They don't belong at the lake or the beach. My dog belongs on my boat and with me and my family. :D

mike37
09-08-2003, 06:31 AM
hot_diggity_dog:
Origially posted by: COLA
Whats with dogs that jump off of there boat @ the beach and attack your dog just walking buy. I don't think that is the place for dogs like this. Not even a I'am sorry is she ok. Control your dogs or use a leash. The story is about my Black and Tan Weiner Dog COCO. (I recieved the Private Message above from Cola this morning)
I thought I would check the forum 1st before I replied to see if this was made public as well as private. :rolleyes:
I was right Cola decided to do both.
This is my response to his PM.
It speaks for itself. wink (SORRY)
The PM sent to Cola:
First of all Mike and Kim my sincere apologies and hope your dog is fine. :( wink
2nd maybe you didn't here my wife say she was sorry? I didn't see the incident but heard my wife apologies to you guy's.
This was an isolated incident, as my dog's or dog doesn't just jump off the boat and attack for no reason.
Just before you guy's had walked by the black Labrador had just gave my dog a growl when they were both on the beach and got that her fired up. Then you guy's come walking by!
Like I said we are sorry and hope your dog is fine. If my dog hurt your dog let me know or why didn't you say anything?
And if you new it was me (HDD) why didn't you come back you talk? :confused:
HDD :cool: wat if that was some ones kid and not another dog
you never know leve the dogs at home or at least on a leash

hot_diggity_dog
09-08-2003, 06:41 AM
wat if that was some ones kid and not another dog Come on Mike37 stick with the facts and not the what if's :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
WHAT IF MY AUNT HAD BALLS SHE WOULD BE MY UNCLE :rolleyes:
Dogs do weird things around other dogs sometimes period.
This has nothing to do with my dog atacking a little kid or any person.

mike37
09-08-2003, 06:49 AM
hot_diggity_dog:
wat if that was some ones kid and not another dog Come on Mike37 stick with the facts and not the what if's :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
WHAT IF MY AUNT HAD BALLS SHE WOULD BE MY UNCLE :rolleyes:
Dogs do weird things around other dogs sometimes period.
This has nothing to do with my dog atacking a little kid or any person.
HDD :cool: Dogs do weird things thats mt point
I like dogs
but i think they need to be on a leash
my brother has dogs that are traind but they still
scratch your car with there paws when you pull up to his house nothing that cant be buffed out but still a pain
[ September 08, 2003, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: mike37 ]

mike37
09-08-2003, 06:54 AM
hot_diggity_dog
just my.02 nothing personal

BLUBYU
09-08-2003, 06:54 AM
I don't mean to get down on dog owners and I'm not a dog hater, it just seems like every time a dog gets aggresive or acts up, the owner always says it's an isolated incident andthe dog usually doesn't act that way. Dogs have their place in the world but I just don't beleive they need to be in public where there are alot of people gathered. That's just my opinion.

Terrible Buddhist
09-08-2003, 07:04 AM
gotta agree...rather see dogs than kids half the time...nothing worse than an out of control kid...that being said...dogs should be under control at all times. I know my dog has an agressive streak that will only rear its head under abnormal conditions...so...he either A doesn't go to the lake...or B stays on a leash. I wish parents were so thoughtful when they bring their kids to...church...restaurant...the lake...wal-mart..etc. I also fault people for tolerating it. I have NO problem telling parents to shut their kid up or leave...much to the dismay of my wife.

bordsmnj
09-08-2003, 07:05 AM
no worries . my dog EATS mean dogs. :D ask anyone who has met big ,bad "makai". as for the not jumping on other peep's boat's she's getting better. i think i've apologized to about half the poeple on the boards for her asualts on boats at one time or another.swiping food and bad breath? hopeless :rolleyes:

hot_diggity_dog
09-08-2003, 07:09 AM
I don't mean to get down on dog owners and I'm not a dog hater, it just seems like every time a dog gets aggresive or acts up, the owner always says it's an isolated incident andthe dog usually doesn't act that way. Dogs have their place in the world but I just don't beleive they need to be in public where there are alot of people gathered. That's just my opinion.
I'm just saying this thread has a story of what happened and facts to the story, let's not make out what happened into one of those hypothetical threads with a bunch of what if's. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And WTF, if I say it was an isolated incident why would you not believe me or have doubts? :confused:
I guess the other 100 dogs and people they came in contact with, without any problem must have been a fluke! :rolleyes:
Hot (No need to defend things that might happen :rolleyes: ) Diggity Dog :cool:

bordsmnj
09-08-2003, 07:13 AM
here's a pic of "Makai" the terrible on her first boat ride earlier this summer.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/349makai_me.jpg....ok you can quit laughing now :D

Jetboatguru
09-08-2003, 07:40 AM
bordsmnj:
here's a pic of "Makai" the terrible on her first boat ride earlier this summer.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/349makai_me.jpg....ok you can quit laughing now :D Bordsmnj,
Makai looks a little pissed off in the picture. :D :D

spectratoad
09-08-2003, 08:20 AM
My dogs go everywhere with me and they are usually off the leash. They are very well behaved and mind well and are always by my side. If I leave or can't see them they get tied up.
The same rule goes for my kids and my dogs. If they are doing something wrong that I don't see I do expect the person this is affecting to tell me. If you don't tell me at the time it is happening it is on you. Don't tell me three weeks later cause there aint much I can do about it.
I try to watch out for other peoples so that my fun and the way that I do things with my family don't impact their right to get out and enjoy the lake. I probably do that to a fault and often at the expense of my fun, but if I do something you don't agree with tell me or just be quiet and get over it.

Seadog
09-08-2003, 08:23 AM
Every dog has good and bad points. My Lab mimics my wife's Maltese and barks/acts aggressive at people or strange dogs in certain cases where he feels he has to protect 'our' territory. However, he will not attack a person and is quickly turned into a woose. That is why I keep him on a lease when I suspect kids will be around. Not because he might hurt them, but because he might scare them. Another dog can be a different story. Dogs have certain rules of conduct and they follow them. You have to understand what rules they play by and teach them what you expect of them. Like kids, if they fail to obey you, it usually because you did not teach them properly.

USMC1812
09-08-2003, 09:03 AM
I am not sure if anyone has hit this yet or not but, dogs just like people are protective of their property, For example would you want to go into this garden?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/218pete_2_aug_2002-med.jpg
But seriously, my dog Pete, the little guy in the picture above rides in the boat and in the back of the truck quite a bit. Because of his size I made sure that he would be gentile with others and especially with children. Kids pull on his face and ride him all over the place, no sweat, he loves it! However, this all changes if you get near "His truck or boat" with out me being there. As I said he is very protective of me and of our stuff. I guess to make a long story short, many of us would possibly react in the same way if we saw someone that we were unfamiliar with invading our space or messing with our stuff. Just a thought. But, ultimately it is the responsibility of the dog owner to be familiar with their dog's disposition and to ensure that
they take the steps necessary protect others from their animal. I don't know either of these people involved but, I do understand where they are both coming from.
Doug

hot_diggity_dog
09-08-2003, 10:05 AM
You gotta be shitting me.. LOL This thread is about one of HDD's wiener dogs?
Mind as well rename the thread "When Poodles Attack!!"
Why didn't ya just shoo the little thing away?
When I 1st opened the thread I was thinking.. Ruh Roh, Roteweiller? PitBull, German Shepard?
Wiener Dog... That was pretty far down the list.
OK guy's let's get serious here for a minute. wink
There are two side to every story so I had a little chat with my dog to find out what happened. :rolleyes:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/55Cocobow-med.jpg
COCO's Story
I was just chillin on the boat enjoying the beautiful day, when all of these big ass dog's are running around my boat and calling me out. eek!
So while I'm on the sand crusing in front of the boat, the big 100+ Lab decides to get a little doggy action and sniff my Box, eek! Then the dog must of thought he is Kobe Bryant or something and tries to force his ass on me, so I tell the rude dog get the Fock out of here before I rip one of your testicles off. :mad:
The young dog decides this bitch just ain't worth the sniff.
So back to my chillin, checking out the G-strings and pasties with my Master, and his ice cold Heineken, when a couple walks by with their pooch and the Master say's, Hey we need some Mustard and a bun to go with that Hot dog, OK I heard that one a million times, so no big whoop. :rolleyes:
The I hear him make a comment to his pooch on how short my legs are, THAT'S WHEN I DREW THE LINE AND DECIDED TO SHOW THAT BITCH WHO'S BOSS. :mad:
Well that's COCO's Story and she's sticking to it. LOL
Great topic for a Monday!
HDD

FRENCHIE
09-08-2003, 10:25 AM
well it looks like a dog posting session, so this is what happens when you tell your dog she aint going on a river trip with ya... http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/981lacey-med.jpg and when you try to explain why she aint goin this comes to mind... http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/981doberman.jpg some dogs just are better off at home :D

TrailerparkTJ
09-08-2003, 10:29 AM
Oh...I get it now...so the guy told you that your legs were short, so you had your highly trained attack dog open up a can on his dog. It all makes perfect sense to me now. Is that the same dog that was trying to make out with me on your boat? - TPTJ

BUSTI
09-08-2003, 10:43 AM
Wow where do I start on this subject? First of all let it be known I raise and breed beagles and I love dogs. i have have had 48 beagles in the last 9 years. That bieng said...there is no fu%&ing way you can compare a child to a dog! Are you crazy when was the last time a small child bit or mauled another child or dog to death. When my son was 5 he was attacked by a Golden Retriever. He had his face torn up so bad it took 300 stiches and two plastic surgeons to patch him up. do you how much blood comes out of a 5 year old that needs 300 stitches? The dog missed his corrated artery by 1/8 inch. The dog was a neighborhood dog that according to the owner was very well behaved and never...he said never displayed violent behavior. The dog ran the neighborhood frequently dipite complaints to the owner and the owner I am sure believed we loved his dog as much as he did.
On my yard! His dog mauled my kid! My son approached the dog to pet him as he had done a million times before and in front of 3 other kids playing ball in my front yard my son was attacked ..unprovocked by this fuxks dog!. I ran outside and the dog owner who was on the side walk when it happened pulled his dog off my kid and by now was carrying my kid in his arms to my front door. I screamed for my wife to get the car keys and open the garage and asked the neighbor to help me take my son to the hospital...the **** replied I don't want to get involved. My wife and I sped way and spent the next 15 hours at the hospital not knowing whether my son would live or die!
The next day I returned to the nieghbors house as it happened so were the police there doing there investagation. The heighbor told me to leave his property and he had been told not to talk to me...not a "hows your so?n I am sorry.." nothing! Obviously he had spoken to asshole attorney or his homeowners insurance agent. I went ballistic and had to be restrained by the police. To make a long story longer...i sued on behalf of my son and obtained a $350,000 settlement from the insurance company for my son. Plus a life time commitment from Allstate insrance to proved my son with any and all medical expences including future plastic surgerys related to this dog attack regardless of the cost. I'll tell you what the judge told the dog owners at our settlement conference..he said to the home owners...I qoute.. "you are God Damn idiots to let such a large dog to run around not on a leash! With exception to special parks dedicated to dogs eg. dog park, every county and or municipality in The United States has leash laws. Do you think these laws were passed for no reason? At no time is it ever appropriate for a dog to be off leash in public...PERIOD!!!!!!!!! DOGS DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO THE FREEDOM PEOPLE DO AND YOU CAN TRANSFER YOUR RIGHT OF FREEDOM OF TRAVEL TO YOUR ANIMAL!" That was his qoute... how true! These people refused to put the dog down claiming it was a isolated incident...in OC evry dog is entitled to one bite provided it didn't kill...untill 6 months later the dog mauled their son and he lost the vision of his left eye. How would you like to be those idiots they almost caused the death of two children for being so foolish. And I obtained a settlement that required them to sell their home. Dogs all dogs can not be trusted to behave all the time. They are powerful and can kill in a flash of an eye and if you are one of those ****ing idiots that thinks and says I take my dog every where he never would hurt anybody and I say I'm sorry when he acts bad! Then I warn you all of you...you are playing russian roulet if you let him run off leash especially at the river or lake where it is so easy for dogs to get riled up..and you are a ****ing idiot! People come first where is your common sense? Where is your thoughtfulness for other people..and remember no intellectually stupid comparisons of dogs mauling kids to kids throwing sand or making noise in a resturant..how ****ed up is your logic. rest assured I'll shoot the next dog that harms me and mine and any interferece from the dog owner may get himself shot as well1 I cannot tell you the horror my family went through with this deal. And contrary to what all of you "not my dog " owners may think this is not an isolated incident! just go ask the people in the emergency wards at hospitals. Or ask your insurance agent that provides your homeowners policy. Lest there be no misunderstanding you are a moron if you let your dog run off leash around any where but your own back yard. Please think of the risk to others and put your dog on a leash!!!!!!!!! argue :mad:

cola
09-08-2003, 11:02 AM
HDD, I didn't realize it was your dogs until Sunday when they started barking at us hiking up behind the beach in Steamboat. I posted this without pointing any names as this is not the place for that. If my dog was hurt I would have been at your boat then. My dog doesn't talk, so what was Coco smoking mini joints.
Later, Mike&Kim
[ September 08, 2003, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: cola ]

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-08-2003, 11:06 AM
well busti i hope your son is doing well now. I know exactly what you r son went through as well as your family. I do feel for your son. He is now probably scared to approach any animal because of the trauma he went through. My daughter went through the same thing with a dog she has known all her life. The dog was on a couch she walked by him like any other day and went to kiss him on the head as any other day and the dog bit her in the face and ended up with over 50 stitches in just her lips. there was alot of blood from hers. i can't imagine your son. I am sorry to here about it but am glad he is well. I don't want people on here to take this the wrong way but if you don't have your dog tied up while on your boat then maybe you should. A kid or dog walking by can trigger anything in a dog wether trained or not.they have there own minds and they are hunters. my daughter was just doing a routine she did with this gog for over 4 years and got bit in the face. It was a pitbull) also very well trained with 4 different schools of training. Don't take it for granted that a dog will not bite. I'm not saying not to take your dog's with you on the boat. Just please make sure they are under your control at all times. Just my $.02.

HM
09-08-2003, 11:26 AM
I am a dog owner who had a "He has never done that before" story. Like Busti rantingly said, every dog has the potential. My dog is(was - died of cancer) a 80 lb Rhodesian. Was the coolest calmest dog, until one day tried to bite the plumber. Luckily, he only tried. Later my dog was attacked by a Golden Lab (lab off of his leash) and the owner had the "never" line as well. This time, not so lucky, the golden lab nearly blead to death after getting the ragedy ann shake by my dog. But, after that, my dog was much more aggresive due to that incident.
Ankle biters like HDD's dog are less of a risk, but still, he has no (legal) defense when his dog decides to be aggresive off the leash - regardless of the previous sexual harassment.
I once saw a "People's Court" with Judge Wapner with a lady who had two dogs that went on a killing rampage in their neighborhood (a couple cats, and 3 or 4 dogs). The lady blew it off as "Dogs just being dogs - you have to understand that". Judge Wapner went into a 10 minute discertation on what a moron she was. In the interview after, she just blew off Wapner as not understanding dogs. Her dogs had also bit several kids, and she was in several law suits, including one by her daughter suing her. The whole point is that some people are so wacked over their animals - the more you make excuses, the more wacked you sound.

XTRM22
09-08-2003, 11:38 AM
I am always sorry to hear about dogs injuring kids like BUSTI or Mrs Flynvee's kids. I understand people who want their dogs with them all the time, heck the main reason we bought our house in Havasu was so we could bring our "girls" with us. My chow mix and shepard border collie mix aren't water dogs so they have the run of the house while we're on the lake, and you will often find us at the dog park in the channel. My 2 girls are not well trained, nor well behaved so other then at the dog park or their back yard they are always on a leash and I always stick close at the dog park too. I guess my point is I know I am responsible for my dogs and their actions and as long as everyone accepts their responsibility having your dogs at the lake is ok with me,What? no I wasn't making a point,I just felt the need to babble for a minute, did I mention I like dogs? :D
Chuck wink

DickDanger
09-08-2003, 11:56 AM
I agree. Leave the ****ing dogs at home. I am all about shooting any dog at the lake/river that is a menace. For that matter, if I could legally get away with shooting the owner, I would do that as well. Sorry to hear about your dog, but leave it at home next time. -DD Out

cola
09-08-2003, 12:01 PM
RD my dog is not a black lab so lighten up. And she is a pussy thank-you
Later, Mike

hot_diggity_dog
09-08-2003, 12:11 PM
HDD, I didn't realize it was your dogs until Sunday when they started barking at us hiking up behind the beach in Steamboat. I posted this without pointing any names as this is not the place for that. If my dog was hurt I would have been at your boat then. My dog doesn't talk, so what was Coco smoking mini joints.
My point Mike, what about talking to me about your feelings on Sunday, once you did know it was me? :confused: :rolleyes: :)
If you didn't post this, I wouldn't have known that it was even a problem for you. :confused:
BUSTI
Sorry to here about that horrible story. :(
JUST TO KEEP THE RECORD STRAIGHT
HDD's two dog's did not hurt any Kids, adults, humans, ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
So none of your stories apply to the incident of my dog jumping off the front of the boat and going after Cola's dog. :rolleyes:
Basically it was that simple. :rolleyes: HMMMMMMMMMMM
Hot (Puppies smoking Joints) Diggity Dog :cool:

Blown 472
09-08-2003, 12:18 PM
what about bunnies??? http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/uploads/post-17-1062909238.jpg

superdave013
09-08-2003, 12:48 PM
RiverDave:
bordsmnj:
no worries . my dog EATS mean dogs. :D ask anyone who has met big ,bad "makai". as for the not jumping on other peep's boat's she's getting better. i think i've apologized to about half the poeple on the boards for her asualts on boats at one time or another.swiping food and bad breath? hopeless :rolleyes: Ya see now Jason, that's where you and I differ a little. wink I don't even attempt to appologize for my dog jumping on other peoples boats. If someone has a potential issue with my dog being on there boat then it's very simple. Don't tie up to me, don't put your shit on my dock. I don't care who ya are, or how cool your shit is etc.. Take it elsewhere if you have an issue with Neva walkin on it. wink
RD I understand where your comming from so if and when my boats done (and if by that time your dog not supper old :rolleyes: ) I will check with you to see if you brought her before I come over. If you did I won't stop.
Pretty much what I'm sayin is sorry is not good enough if someone's dog scobby's my gel coat.
I have 2 dogs and I keep them on a leash all the time when out. I have to as they are in the 90 pound range. One jumps on people (in a playfull way but still scares the shit outta people) and the other one will eat any cat she can catch. Plus I don't want them to get hit by a car when they hall ass across the street chasing something.
Say a prayer for Bandit as she is in surgery right now.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9bandit-med.jpg

Blown 472
09-08-2003, 12:49 PM
She is looking at the guy that is taking a pic of his dog rather than women. YOu can talk to the animals walk with the animals.

ROZ
09-08-2003, 12:56 PM
cola:
I posted this without pointing any names as this is not the place for that. Actually you did....I saw this post last night within minuites of your posting it. I saw that at the end of your sentence you wrote this: (hdd)
Not trying to start anything because I'd only let my dog off the leash if there is nobody round....
I'm just wondering, was your dog on his leash at the time?

cola
09-08-2003, 01:02 PM
I'm just joking around man.. I hope I didn't offend.
RD
Not at all, if I was offend that easy I would hangout here.
Late

RaysonRat
09-08-2003, 01:06 PM
As the owner off a pit bull i have heard it all , why my dog shouldnt be at the beach/lake. But those are also the people that think hes a viscous dog just becuase hes a pit, they are also unaware thats pits were originally bread in england as of all things "childrens dogs", i think all those with pits know why. These are some of the most passive dogs going. but like any dog need proper obedience ie:staying on your boat and ignoring other dogs approaches. My dog goes to work with me every day, he is a staable at my business,regulars are sad if hes not greeting people at the door, but bottom line if its your dog its your responsibility, wether its a pit or a wiener dogwe all need to shows how perfect our pets are

RaysonRat
As the owner off a pit bull i have heard it all , why my dog shouldnt be at the beach/lake. But those are also the people that think hes a viscous dog just becuase hes a pit, they are also unaware thats pits were originally bread in england as of all things "childrens dogs", i think all those with pits know why. These are some of the most passive dogs going. but like any dog need proper obedience ie:staying on your boat and ignoring other dogs approaches. My dog goes to work with me every day, he is a staable at my business,regulars are sad if hes not greeting people at the door, but bottom line if its your dog its your responsibility, wether its a pit or a wiener dogwe all need to shows how perfect our pets are

RaysonRat

HM
So none of your stories apply to the incident of my dog jumping off the front of the boat and going after Cola's dog.
I think my story applied. Even though Coco "only" went after another animal, it is still unacceptable. That golden lab that went after my dog almost lost its life and several of us risked who-knows-what trying to stop it. That incident of that dog "only" going after another dog forever changed the behavior of my dog. And I was the one walking my dog on a leash.
Tell me again why it is o.k. that your dog jumped off your boat to attack a dog on a leash? You have got your head thoroughly lodged up the ole corn pipe on this one.

cola
09-08-2003, 01:07 PM
ROZ
no, but at my side
Late

BUSTI
09-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Now that i have cooled down I might add the vast majority of people that own dogs do a good job of keeping their dogs under control. and for that I am greatful. In fact I used to let my dogs run around maybe to much before my child was bit. My son is 21 now and has had two more plastic surgeries since then one at 12 and one just as a teenager. sorry for ranting but this topic brings back horrible memories...because my son had just eaten lunch he could go under a general so they used local aesthetics over 25 shots in and on his mouth. he passed from the pain.
Well anyway it took years for him to get over the trauma. I do urge all of you if you love your dog and really care for your neighbors please leave your dog on his leash! Thanks for listening about the worst day of my life!

BUSTI
09-08-2003, 01:09 PM
I mean he passed out! typo hey dave my email is down call me 714/612-9916

RaysonRat
09-08-2003, 01:10 PM
sorry for the double post computer a little wierd latley

Seadog
09-08-2003, 01:22 PM
While I hate hearing about incidents like Busti, you can compare dogs and kids. A good dog, like a good child can be a person's pride and joy. A child, like a dog, can be mistreated and turn into a vicious killer. Rarely do you have families with properly raised children and mistreated animals, and vice versa. There are major differences, but there are also a lot similarities. When I was a kid, we had a pet dog that stayed inside our enclosed porch during the day. One of the neighbor kids broke into the porch and started beating the dog. Guess what, the trapped dog fought back. Then the parents forced us to 'get rid' of our dog. My only regrets is that the SOB brat survived. Cold, but considering what he did later in his life, it would have been best.

cola
09-08-2003, 01:28 PM
RD, it's not a problem & lifes not bad, thanks for asking.
Later, Mike

HM
09-08-2003, 01:29 PM
It's a FREAKIN WIENER DOG MAN!!! Did you ever see "Quest for the Holy Grail?" It's only a bunny.
I know, and I am trying to hold a straight face as it is the principal.
I did not realize the other dog was off the leash - I thought I read it was - DOTE! But still, Kujo the killer weiner left the boat.
I disagree with DD as I think the dogs are not the problems, but the owners. Never kill the dogs, only the owners who train them.
Now how do I get myself out of this "contraversial weiner" debate?

hot_diggity_dog
09-08-2003, 01:35 PM
2 things.. The other guys dog wasn't on a leash. (Not condoning what HDD's dog did or didn't do, just saying)2 things.. The other guys dog wasn't on a leash. (Not condoning what HDD's dog did or didn't do, just saying)
It's a FREAKIN WIENER DOG MAN!!!
Are you guys serious? I think I woulda just picked up the little wiener, put him back on the boat, patted him on the head and been on my way. Have we literally sunk down to the point where we are going to argue about the actions of a wiener dog? I mean it's not like some kid, person, other persons dog got mauled or some shit..
To be perfectly honest, this should be filed under one of those.. Forgot about it one beer later deals. The fact that it even got brought up on the boards is telling me that Cola's life doesn't have near enough problems in it. The fact that were sitting here arguing about it is telling the rest of the world that we have absolutely no lives.
Hey HDD, your wiener dog can bite my ankle anytime. Just keep that BBQ goin on the boat and we'll be all good.
RD
RD well someone (YOU) actually reads, comprehends and listens!!! :rolleyes: :D :D :D
Time for a little Dog Humor. wink
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/55Doghumor.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/55doghumor2.jpg
[ September 08, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

DickDanger
09-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Hey, I DID say that I would like to shoot the owner as well!!!! Seriously, of course it isnt the dog, but rather the people that are "responsible" for them. Someone said it earlier, that no matter how cute you may think your dog is, when the ****er decides to jump up on my boat, I am not gonna think that it is "cute" in the slightest. If your dog is well behaved, and mellow at the river, then props to you. But if you are bringing some high strung, vicious piece of shit to the river with you, you are an idiot in my book. Leave that ****er at home. -DD Out

HM
09-08-2003, 01:49 PM
I think the coolest dog I saw at the river was a little chow with the biggest underbite ever. He would run up to everyone - and scared the crap out of most people because of his crazy underbite, but was a super friendly dog - and he did not hop on the deck of anyone's boat.
HDD - does Coco (aka Kujo) like jerky treats? wink

SCUBA STEVE
09-08-2003, 02:00 PM
Jas, nice of you to put some shades on Makai. LOL
j/k man, I am suprised no one else burned you on that. :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/349makai_me.jpg
Hey Hdd, I didnt read all the posts (too damn long) But imo your dogs are great and so are all the other river dogs I have met. Sorry for everyones bad dog incidents. frown

sandblasted
09-08-2003, 07:12 PM
I love dogs...got a beautiful chocolate lab and a pug...but,
I work for a large electric utility. I have way too many negative experiences with dogs at the river and on my job to ever trust anyone's dog again. Spent 9 years going in and out of yards with dogs, been attacked by several dogs and fortunetly only been bit twice at work. I now supervise 33 field employees and dog bites are our #1 injury....it's amazing how many times one of my employees as been bitten right after the dumbshit owner says "my dog doesn't bite"!!
I actually got bit at the river about 3 years ago when I was attacked by 2 loose dogs on a launch ramp!! Mother****ing owner was no where to be found!! I could have killed him!!
Bottom line, I know many of you probably have good dogs but if they are running loose by me or my kids I will shoo them off...better safe than sorry..
I don't even want to think what I'd do if one of your loose dogs bit one of my kids...but it would be ugly..

1Shockwaveguy
09-08-2003, 07:22 PM
RD, I agree with you 100%. I can't believe this thread has gone as far as it has. It's a ****ing hotdog without a bun.
I got a story, I was attcked by a 93 year old woman in a wheelchair for cutting in front of her in the buffet line. Puuuulllleeeeeeeeezzzzzz people, here I thought I was on a boating website.

burbanite
09-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Had my top lip bitten off by a dog "I knew".
Love dogs (still) but they do not have rights over me (and my property) and mine.
An unruly animal can expect the wrath of the Desert Eagle from me.

JustMVG
09-08-2003, 09:43 PM
bordsmnj:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/349makai_me.jpg....ok you can quit laughing now :D Makai is a terror!!! Do not let those innocent looking eyes fool you that dog is just plain EVIL.
Makai jumped into my boat, scared my kids away from the sandwiches, and me too, and thats a tough thing to get away with, picks up all the sandwiches and proceeds to take them to his so called "Master" Bordsmnj, who politely thanks said pooch and tells him to go get our ice chest, dog jumps back into the boat nabs the ice chest and proceeds to drag it up and out of the front/bow seat. This dog is NOT to be TRUSTED!!! any where EVER, and Beware of the owner Jason, both Makai and Jason have these nice smiles but deep down they are just looking to score some easy chow.
The following was BS of course and Makai is one cool dog, never a problem, just having some fun.
See ya Mike VG