PDA

View Full Version : Sundance stories

spectra74
08-19-2003, 07:10 PM
I know there are some out there. The place has been around for along time. 20 years ago, I remember tying up to the bouys and swimming/floating into the bar. Let's hear the GOOD stuff.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-19-2003, 08:21 PM
It was a nice place at one time.
Clean, well maintained. If ya walk thru it now, you can still see flashes of what once was.
It's a shithole now, but it was T H E place on the river.
Cute cocktail waitresses, nice menu, bands, dancing all the time that I remember, steady clientel, clean. Seemed to always have lots of girls.
A remember lots of fights on some nights, but usually just fun, no problems. A sign that may still be near the entrance dates back to it's hey day; "86'd means forever".
Every year the place seem to hit a new low.
Good spot to bulldoze and build a resort.

HighRoller
08-20-2003, 05:29 AM
We went in there on a Saturday night earlier this year and it was a very unpleasant experience.The whole place smeeled like mildew and crap,it took me 10 minutes to get the worst drink I ever had and the strip club had two skanky girls and warm beer.With the layout they have they should be the happenin place but obviously the ownership blows dog.

blownmoney
08-20-2003, 08:36 AM
Good spot to bulldoze and build a resort. no ..guys... i saw my first wet t-shirt contest as a twelve yr old boy there... maybe i''ll buy the place!!!!...

24RODjr
08-20-2003, 08:38 AM
Not to steal your thunder, but I think I was 4 when I saw my first one there...
Pops?

old rigger
08-20-2003, 09:02 AM
First time in Sundance was in 1971 for me. My
friend an I were 15 years old and were out crusing in his dads Tahiti.
Sundance back then was a little wood shack that would grow in time to be a huge wood shack that burnt to the ground in it late 70s I think. Then it was a circus tent for a year or two while the new place was built.
Anyway, that first visit was a good one, even though we barely made it in the door before getting tossed out. We tied up the boat to the little dock and waltzed in like we owned the joint. First thing we saw was a guy and girl screwing on the bar. Very cool for a 15 year old to see. Some big biker type grabbed us by the arms and tossed us out. Told us to come back in a few years. We did. Often. Back then the drinking ag in Az was 19, so we could party there with out geting carded.
In the lat 70's Sundance was still a pretty rough place. Big biker bar. At one point they had a little booth set up out by the street where they made everyone check their weapons. They would hang it on a hook or slip it in a little slot, give the owner a numbered tag and he or she could retrieve their stuff when they left.
Lots of great memories from Sundance.

TCHB
08-20-2003, 03:39 PM
I remember in the late 70s when they use to have boxing. It was fun to watch the marines and boat guys go at it. They used big gloves so nobody would get hurt. The boxers normally could barely stand because of drinking all day.

24ROD
08-20-2003, 05:09 PM
Poor old Sundance it's not anything like it used to be. In it's day it was the spot. I have a "friend" that has a shit load of stories of that place :D I'm sure that his kids probably don't need to read about" his " escapades wink