PDA

View Full Version : tomorrow is....

betty boop
09-08-2003, 06:51 PM
9 11 - hadn't seen anything on here today about it - i know i still think about it alot and wonder about tomorrow - anyone else???
do you all remember where you were and what you were doing when it happened???
there was a great video on here awhile ago - can't seem to find it - but it was a tribute to the people, it was great... frown

carreraboat
09-08-2003, 06:56 PM
how easy we forget. good post bunny! when i saw your post it made me think of all those lost souls, we can never forget

mirvin
09-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Isn't tomorrow Sept 9th?? (Sorry, I couldn't resist) I hear you though.... tomorrow is Tuesday of the same week, wasn't it a Tuesday morning?
This'll be a long topic.

Kilrtoy
09-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Tommorrow is 9-9
But, I was a sleep and got a frantic phone call from the wife who siad we are being attacked....

jlnorthrup122
09-08-2003, 07:00 PM
yep I remember I was in the paintroom at metal fabricators over looking the structural steel of the local ballpark! I over heard one of the employees telling another about it I didn't believe it untill I heard it on the radio. I wanted to be with my wife and daughters after that but I kept working and we watched the towers fall on a 25" TV in the breakroom! It was a terable day for the US. My wifes birthday is 9-11-1980! The nation was quit that day you could hear a pin drop miles away!
and today is the 9th so 9-11 is 2 days away or actuall 1+ day away.
frown

JetBoatRich
09-08-2003, 07:00 PM
I see where you are going, but the 9th follows the 8th :confused:
I was trapped in PA, in a training class. Drove our rental car all the way home to So.CA.
They interrupted the class, but it continued all week and every break we were glued to the TV

mike37
09-08-2003, 07:11 PM
I was geting ready for work my son cam in and told me they interupted his cartoons
had to go to work but my wife kept me updated
and we all had the car radios on dident get a lot of work don that mornig no one could beleve it

betty boop
09-09-2003, 07:18 AM
sorry about the mix up on the dates - i am a little freaked out this year(a little anxious about the date)
i'll check the calendar next time.... frown

Boozer
09-09-2003, 07:42 AM
9/11 was my second day on the job with my current employer. 2nd day on the job in a high rise building in a downtown location for that matter. Our building was one of the only buildings that did not close down that day.
I work right off an strip called the 16th street mall which is usually swarming with people at lunch time. On 9/11 and 9/12 the 16 ST mall was completely desolate. All the shops were closed and there was hardly anyone walking on the streets. It was really weird and kind of scary to see a place usually so full of life and people completely desolate.

chub
09-09-2003, 03:53 PM
I was already at work when one of our guys came in and said the Pentagon had been attacked and WTC. I work in downtown Los Angeles at a MAJOR banks data center. We went to code yellow and just as the second tower fell-we watch TV and get news at a code yellow, a bomb threat is called in. building evacuates but us ...we run the place. My wife worked there at the time and told her to leave but she couldn't. Point being I was with my loved one and what ever was going to happen was going to happen. I'm just glad she was ok. On a side note we go on our roof all the time and see jets/helo's fly over all the time. It took three days before anything but Military flew over Downtown LA.. it was eirie.
Sorry for the long post!

cola
09-09-2003, 04:13 PM
It's my son's 21st birthday on Thur. no chance in forgetting his (like to forget mine). We were at work together & heard it on the radio. Very sad day for the USA,life will go on. He will end up with a memorial tattooed on his right arm after they finish the sleeve on the left one. They look cool but are there for life.
Loving our freedom, Mike

TRG
09-09-2003, 04:16 PM
9/11 is my anniversary...

BGMAN203
09-10-2003, 09:03 AM
9/11 is my birthday

betty boop
09-10-2003, 03:54 PM
ok - so tomorrow is the day......
any thoughts?????