PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi aide throws a snite fit

Seadog
09-05-2003, 10:20 AM
At a recent capitol hill meeting, Pelosi staffer Federico De Jesus threw a fit at the introduction of a noted scholar and author when Victor Hanson was introduced as a classicist (meaning an expert on ancient Greece and Rome) and accused Hanson of being anti-immigrant, a racist and xenophobic.
This goes to show the ignorance and distain for truth that the democrats have. Instead of being open to trying to solve problems, they blame everything on conservatives. Hanson is also the author of the popular book Mexifornia and had studied the immigration situation extensively.
I found these facts interesting:
Every year, California adds 100,000 legal immigrant and at least that many again in illegal immigrants.
These new immigrants do not try to assimilate into American society. Only 20% of the legal immigrants since 1082 have bothered to become citizens.
65% of mexican immigrants are high school dropouts vs. 7% of the native born population.
41% of Mexican immigrant households are on welfare compared to 14% of natives.
After 20 years in this country, 55% of Mexican immigrants are still living below the poverty level, 45% have no health care and 37% are still relying on welfare.
2/3 of the US population believe that all illegal immigration should be stopped and 50% believe that we should reduce legal immigration quotas.
It is time that we start realizing the USA cannot allow this to continue. We should clamp down on the corrupt agribusinesses and sweat factories that import the cheap labor and the liberal flakes that think that we can afford to give money, services and rights to those who do not contribute to society.

Seadog
09-05-2003, 12:34 PM
I hate Mexicans, blacks, Norwegians, Irish, and everyone else that do not make an effort to contribute to our country. If our country is great, then you should be a citizen and make every effort to earn the right to vote. The idea of rewarding those who break the laws and endanger our national security, with benefits that should be reserved for citizens, goes against the grain. Especially when I am paying for these priveledges.
All I did was repeat the statistics that were in the paper about the immigration problem. We also have problems with Haitians, Asians, and other poverty ridden nations dumping their poor on us. It is one thing for a decent, educated hard working individual to come here and try to become a citizen. The record shows that moving to the US is not helping these people and is costing the states a fortune.

Irishluck
09-05-2003, 01:01 PM
Politics, this is what it's about nothing more nothing less. This bill that dumbass signed is about getting the latino votes while pissing off all the hard working taxpaying citizens. I am amazed everyday what this country is turning into.

bigq
09-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Seadog:
I hate Mexicans, blacks, Norwegians, Irish, and everyone else that do not make an effort to contribute to our country. If our country is great, then you should be a citizen and make every effort to earn the right to vote. The idea of rewarding those who break the laws and endanger our national security, with benefits that should be reserved for citizens, goes against the grain. Especially when I am paying for these priveledges.
All I did was repeat the statistics that were in the paper about the immigration problem. We also have problems with Haitians, Asians, and other poverty ridden nations dumping their poor on us. It is one thing for a decent, educated hard working individual to come here and try to become a citizen. The record shows that moving to the US is not helping these people and is costing the states a fortune. What about US born white trash, lazy ass, non working baby producing, welfare ridden americans? Hate them too? :)

eliminatedsprinter
09-05-2003, 01:16 PM
PeLosi is a loon. To expect rational behavior from one of her staffers is pure folly.