PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Haters To Open Counter-Library

Seadog
07-24-2003, 08:34 AM
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Just a few blocks from the future site of Bill Clinton's $160 million presidential library, a couple of Clinton haters hope to open a museum devoted to mocking his presidency.
“As long as he's talking, we'll have to be here trying to keep him somewhat honest and stop him from rewriting history,” says John LeBoutillier, a former Republican congressman from New York who rode Ronald Reagan's coattails to victory in 1980.
LeBoutillier and his partner, Houston businessman Richard Erickson, plan to call it the Counter-Clinton Library. They say the museum here and one planned for Washington will look at such topics as the Whitewater scandal, Monica Lewinsky, the last-minute pardons, even damaged White House furniture.
“We already hear he's going to bring a bunch of egghead economists to his library to say how great the economy was when he was president,” LeBoutillier says. “And we'll find our own who can say it had nothing to do with him.”
The two partners hope to open their place the same day that Clinton's opens in November 2004. They say they will need $5 million. LeBoutillier says thousands of donations have come in and the average one is $72, but he will not say exactly how much has been raised so far.
Dick Morris, the Clinton strategist who resigned in a sex scandal, has pledged stacks of his insider documents, as has Gary Aldrich, the former FBI agent who wrote a best seller about Clinton's scandals.
“We think people will want to come out of the Clinton Library and head immediately down the street to us to get the rest of the story,” LeBoutillier says.

rrrr
07-24-2003, 08:43 AM
:D :D
Where do I send my donation????

07-24-2003, 08:44 AM
I thought the Clinton library was going to be an adult bookstore. :D

Seadog
07-24-2003, 11:00 AM
This is it.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/23AdultBookstore.jpg

MagicMtnDan
07-24-2003, 12:02 PM
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/analysis/toons/2001/01/16/lang/lang-legacyno58.jpg

Dave C
07-24-2003, 12:33 PM
No you got it wrong, The clinton library is going to be all fiction! wink