PDA

View Full Version : Its a no go on the Fun Deck

superV
06-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Well after all the phones calls, emails, pictures and money sent the guy backed out saying he needed payment in full before he would deliver the boat. The deal was to pay 1/2 now and the rest to the driver that was going to bring the boat out.
Its a long story but here is the short version. I found the boat talking online about a year ago. I over heard this "boat builder" saying he took this fun deck in to do a para-sail conversion on it, but the guy skip out and never got back to him so he wanted to get a lean tittle on the boat to recoupe his $$$. So I told him I was interested and to send me some pics. At the time he wanted 16K so I was all over it. Well i never heard from the guy for about 1yr and then one day i get a call on my cell phone and its this guys wife asking if i ever got any pics of the boat. So I gave her the scoop and she said she would next day them, which she did. So I told her I had to sell my boat first and I would get back to them. Well about 2 mo. later the guy gives me a call and leaves a msg telling me he will take 10k that week. So i call him and tell I might have the boat sold and would love to buy the boat. He tells me, well a few people are interest and I really need to sell it this week to put the money into a new boat design? well a week goes by and I sell my boat. So I give him a call let him know and the deal is on. I tell him 1/2 now 1/2 later and its done.Then all drama starts. :mad: Higher offers, more money to deliver, tells me the boat has a 6'x 4" I beam in it for the para sail eek! ,he has no time to wait for me to come look at the boat, ect. argue So im back in the market for a new ride. :rolleyes:

Jbb
06-09-2003, 10:23 AM
You did the RIGHT thing.....
There are always deals to be had out there ...Be patient!

beyondhelpin
06-09-2003, 10:24 AM
That sucks!

HavasuDreamin'
06-09-2003, 10:46 AM
So the 25' Eliminator V-Drive with the blower is a viable option again. :D I really like that boat as if you couldn't tell. wink
Sorry to hear of your run a round. Be patient. Looking for a boat is the best part. :cool:

superV
06-09-2003, 10:49 AM
HavasuDreamin':
So the 25' Eliminator V-Drive with the blower is a viable option again. :D I really like that boat as if you couldn't tell. wink
Sorry to hear of your run a round. Be patient. Looking for a boat is the best part. :cool: Im already on it. Im still a bit short on the funds due to taking the CBR 900 in on trade but the broker will work with me. Im still going to look around for a bit 1st. But with a $100 deposit
they will give me 1st dibs on it before anyone else can make an offer so this weekend I will do that even if I lose the $ on it its worth it to me. :D

eliminatedsprinter
06-09-2003, 01:13 PM
jawdrop I hate it when people start hedging on a deal after it's set. It sounds to me like he was hiding some major flaws with that boat and trying to jerk you around. I got my boat from someone more local and I had it in my driveway, when I gave the previous owner my money, 2 days after I saw it. That boat was going to take so long to get here, who knows, you may find a great deal and have your next boat just as soon anyway. :D
[ June 09, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

Sleek-Jet
06-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Sounds familiar.
When I bought my boat, I had my brother deliver the funds and pick up the boat (since he lives in Arizona). So he goes to the guys house, and this dumb ass starts in on how there is a guy on his way over that will pay a couple hundred more than the asking price.
My brother just turns around and says "Good luck". He doesn't get half-way back to the car before dumb-ass is backstroking big time about how if my brother has the money "right now" then the boat is mine.
I didn't know that is what happened till after the fact, otherwise I would have told the guy to get F***ed and I'd spend my money somewhere else. I didn't care if he was going to give the boat to me.
What ever happened to integrity?? A deal is a deal, once you agree stand behind it.

superV
06-10-2003, 05:48 AM
Sleek-Jet:
Sounds familiar.
When I bought my boat, I had my brother deliver the funds and pick up the boat (since he lives in Arizona). So he goes to the guys house, and this dumb ass starts in on how there is a guy on his way over that will pay a couple hundred more than the asking price.
My brother just turns around and says "Good luck". He doesn't get half-way back to the car before dumb-ass is backstroking big time about how if my brother has the money "right now" then the boat is mine.
I didn't know that is what happened till after the fact, otherwise I would have told the guy to get F***ed and I'd spend my money somewhere else. I didn't care if he was going to give the boat to me.
What ever happened to integrity?? A deal is a deal, once you agree stand behind it. Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end. Like I told my wife if it was ment to be we would already have it! :mad: