PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Licenses

Mandelon
07-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Idea:
Make the tests really hard to pass. Make the on the road test even harder.
Results:
Keeps the lame drivers off the road.
Reduces traffic levels.
Bad drivers take mass transit.
Full buses are more cost effective = save money for local governments. Less subsidies.
Less Pollution due to less cars.
Saves time for those of us that pass the tests.
More parking spaces.
Cheaper used cars, cuz there would be extras.
Or Idea #2:
Make a different type of license available for those who can actually handle driving faster than 55 or 65. I am envisioning like an autobahn license. If you have the skills, you should get to go faster.
Those are the ideas. OK.....shoot 'em down. argue

NastyOne
07-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Im with you. Dont see annything wrong with that.

CARRERA
07-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Still yet, I am sure that everone would pass.

MagicMtnDan
07-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Award a special license for people qualified to drive in the left lane! It would come with a green sticker for the rear window so the world could see who is qualified to be in the left lane (which would, of course, only be used for passing).
If you aren't qualified (trained and understand what that freakin' lane is for) then you gotta stay the F out!

Mandelon
07-03-2003, 05:14 PM
Yup, that's what I'm talkin about. No retards allowed. :D

wsuwrhr
07-03-2003, 05:28 PM
MANDELON for president, this includes the avatar.
You are my hero. Make stupidity painful, and I'll campain for you.
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-03-2003, 05:28 PM
damn double posts
[ July 03, 2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

burbanite
07-03-2003, 05:38 PM
I have had a drivers license in 5 different countries and this is by far the easiest one to obtain.
Make it tougher for all the reasons stated above and many more besides.

wsuwrhr
07-03-2003, 05:48 PM
burbanite:
I have had a drivers license in 5 different countries and this is by far the easiest one to obtain.
Make it tougher for all the reasons stated above and many more besides. Countries?
Damn, you get around Burb....
Brian
[ July 03, 2003, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

Moneypitt
07-03-2003, 09:59 PM
Simple, change the tailgateing laws so that it is illegal to be tailgated, not illegal to tailgate. In 40 plus years driving I can count the times I've been tailgated one one hand. Sped up or get the hell outa the way!!!!!!!Moneypitt

bordsmnj
07-04-2003, 12:54 AM
i think we oughta just not allow idiots on the damn frwy! or how about the dumber the driver the farther to the right they have to drive?
something else i have to contend with is people that actualy do stay over in the two slowest lanes and are still in the way when i'm towing the boat. allowing my rpm's to dictate my speed(i drive a stick!)i have to speed up to 70 before a hill to keep my rpm high enough to make the hill with out going all the way down to third gear and making a hazard of myself(yeah right-i just wanna haul ass) Doing this gave me a whole new emphathy for truckers who are stuck in the bog zone. i think the faster a trucker can truck the farther over they should be allowed to do it-just not in the #1 lane. Now, Mandelon when you enact these laws as your first act of presidency we intern will suport your push for legalising oval office BJ's. :cool:

bordsmnj
07-04-2003, 12:55 AM
....and why aren't boats allowed in the carpool and "fast track" lanes...YET? :confused:

wsuwrhr
07-04-2003, 06:05 AM
bordsmnj:
Now, Mandelon when you enact these laws as your first act of presidency we intern will suport your push for legalising oval office BJ's. :cool: As long as you aren't the one givin em bud....
Well if you do, I guess it is OK with me, providing I NEVER hear about it.
Brian
(I had to say it)
(You set yourself up)

wsuwrhr
07-04-2003, 06:09 AM
Moneypitt:
Simple, change the tailgateing laws so that it is illegal to be tailgated, not illegal to tailgate. In 40 plus years driving I can count the times I've been tailgated one one hand. Sped up or get the hell outa the way!!!!!!!Moneypitt I dig this one, what is so ****ING hard to comprehend? If someone wants to go faster why can't you just MOVE over. It is called courtesy people. I just don't see why it is so complicated that people traveling in the "fast" lane have such a hard-on to stay in it. If there is someone who is going faster than you, move over and let them by.
Brian
(you guys make my day)

Mandelon
07-04-2003, 06:54 AM
Isn't that what the mirrors are for? Check them once in a while. If the car that you see in it is getting bigger......then you should signal and move to the right!
And if you can't see over the steering wheel......take a cab!
[ July 04, 2003, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Mandelon ]

bordsmnj
07-04-2003, 09:48 PM
wsuwrhr:
bordsmnj:
Now, Mandelon when you enact these laws as your first act of presidency we intern will suport your push for legalising oval office BJ's. :cool: As long as you aren't the one givin em bud....
Well if you do, I guess it is OK with me, providing I NEVER hear about it.
Brian
(I had to say it)
(You set yourself up) well if you had your heart set on being sausage monger#1 be my guest but i don't think mandelon is gay. after all you do know what mandelon means don't you?
{you sick f@#k! that was a clinton style joke!( :D can't believe i walked into that!)}
[ July 04, 2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: bordsmnj ]

burbanite
07-04-2003, 11:27 PM
wsuwrhr:
Countries?
Damn, you get around Burb....
Brian Some people move states for employment purposes, for me that's like buying the house next door.....