PDA

View Full Version : The Raiders

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 10:03 AM
Although I am a very *devoted* Broncos fan, I have to admit, the Raiders Whoooped our (The Broncos) butts pretty good yesterday! The Raiders are obviously the better team. I must (being held at gunpoint after making a *humiliating* bet) apologize for dogging them so bad.
Sincerely,
~RK :rolleyes:

OGHillside
12-23-2002, 10:17 AM
If the Raiders get Deion then every other team will be tossing salads

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 10:34 AM
Kitty,
Could you please explain to the group why the Raiders are the best team? :D :D :D
-Chris "I make great bets" Rodriguez

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 10:37 AM
Would anyone care to dog the Raiders out? I'm sure Kitty will defend their honor.
:D :D :D
-Chris "Having waaay too much fun with this" Rodriguez

HCS
12-23-2002, 10:54 AM
Gannon has all the weapons. Tim Brown, Charlie Garner, Jerry Rice etc. And there clicking on all cylinders. Looks like their going this year. http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/blackeye/lol.gif

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 11:31 AM
24RODjr:
Kitty,
Could you please explain to the group why the Raiders are the best team? :D :D :D Hmmmm...the Raiders are a better team this year since they aquired Bill Romonowski; a prior Denver Bronco player! Without his prior training while playing with the Denver Broncos, the Raiders may have *never* made it to the playoffs this year! ;o)
Also, if Griese would realize that he's playing for the Denver Broncos and not the Raiders & quit throwing the ball to the Raiders!!! Sheesh! :rolleyes: Get a clue Griese!!! Where's Elway when ya need him???

HCS
12-23-2002, 11:41 AM
Yes, Romo is also an x 49er like alot of raiders. That's why their good. They don't have a salary cap problem so their snagging up all the good vets. If they happen to get Deon next year they will even be a bigger force to contend with.
And for Griese he's probably going to be done as the Broncos starting quarter back unless he pulls out a miracle. :p
[ December 23, 2002, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

HavasuDreamin'
12-23-2002, 12:28 PM
HARDCORE-SKI
If they happen to get Deon next year they will even be a bigger force to contend with.
Wrong..........they are looking a deion this year. Next year, let the dismantling begin. As I understand it, they are going to be in salary cap hell. Remember the 49ers a few years ago, and now the Ravens. That is what you Raiders fans have to look forward too. Good Luck, you're going to need it! :p
[ December 23, 2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

al cole'holic
12-23-2002, 12:52 PM
...they couldn't put 4 more friggin points on the board to cover the over could they.... :mad:

HCS
12-23-2002, 12:59 PM
HavasuDreamin':
HARDCORE-SKI
If they happen to get Deon next year they will even be a bigger force to contend with.
Wrong..........they are looking a deion this year. Next year, let the dismantling begin. As I understand it, they are going to be in salary cap hell. Remember the 49ers a few years ago, and now the Ravens. That is what you Raiders fans have to look forward too. Good Luck, you're going to need it! :p Oh, so their going to add deion for one ring. I guess that's what it's all about. :p

HCS
12-23-2002, 01:08 PM
Once this guy takes the field the Raiders will go all the way!.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/img6056032.JPG

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 01:22 PM
HavasuDreamin':
HARDCORE-SKI
Wrong..........they are looking a deion this year. Next year, let the dismantling begin. As I understand it, they are going to be in salary cap hell. Remember the 49ers a few years ago, and now the Ravens. That is what you Raiders fans have to look forward too. Good Luck, you're going to need it! :p I agree that the Raiders are gonna blow next year, but with the league the way it is...they'll be back in 3-4 years. Dynasties are a thing of the past.

boatnam2
12-23-2002, 01:33 PM
how much is everyone willing to pay if the silver and black go all the way to sd.i was looking on e bay and man the prices are out there.

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 02:17 PM
The tickets are already over 3G for a pair!
DAMN!!!
-Chris

boatnam2
12-23-2002, 02:22 PM
i know i seen some as high as 7500.00

waterndog
12-23-2002, 02:25 PM
boatnam2:
i know i seen some as high as 7500.00 That just crazy!! especially if its the raiders you might have to watch.. :D j/k

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 02:35 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
Once this guy takes the field the Raiders will go all the way!.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/img6056032.JPG Hehehehe! Yup! I think even *HE* would be *much* better than Griese!!!!!
Bring it on "Football Dave!!!" :D

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 03:09 PM
Kitty...nice to see you've lived up to your word.
You are hereby relieved of your obligation. :D
I fully expect to see a "Why the Raiders Suck" thread in no time wink

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 03:13 PM
24RODjr:
Kitty...nice to see you've lived up to your word.
You are hereby relieved of your obligation. :D
I fully expect to see a "Why the Raiders Suck" thread in no time wink Whew! I'm glad I got *that* off my chest!
Nothing worse than "public humiliation"!!!
I think I'd have rather bet with *cash* instead!!! :D

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 03:14 PM
It was such a sure thing, I would've felt bad takin' your money:D

carreraelite
12-23-2002, 03:14 PM
At least you weren't chearing for the Cardnals!!!

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 03:16 PM
24RODjr:
It was such a sure thing, I would've felt bad takin' your money:D Oh! But you don't feel bad humiliating me in public, eh??? ;o) *evil grin*

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 03:23 PM
Never!!!
You're a big kitty :D

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 03:29 PM
24RODjr:
Never!!!
You're a big kitty :D Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say "big"! ;o)
Nevertheless, it was a fun bet! :D

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 03:37 PM
Not biiiiig like that.... wink
It was a fun bet...especially since the Raiders SMOKED the Broncos :D
-Chris

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 03:44 PM
24RODjr:
-Chris Ya know, I really, Really, REALLY want to argue with you on this one, but what can I say??? The Raiders kicked our asses! As much as I hate to say it, the Raiders *were* the better team. You can't argue with the facts. *pout* But I will remain a die hard Denver Bronco fan for ev-vah!!!
"GO BRONCOS!!!"

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 03:47 PM
Kitty,
Not to rub salt in the wound, but I feel obligated to. Please see below for your post (traslated of course :D )
RiverKitty:
24RODjr:
-Chris
Ya know, I really, Really, REALLY want to agree with you on this one... I say The Raiders kicked our asses! As much as I love to say it, the Raiders *are* the better team. You can't argue with the facts. *cheer* But I will remain a die hard Oakland Raider fan for ev-vah!!!
"GO HOME BRONCOS!!!" devil

JetBoatRich
12-23-2002, 04:23 PM
Kitty tough year for us Bronco fans, I thought Portis would be a factor in the game yesterday, but oh well. yuk Greise ? Not sure what to say about him eek!
If they slip into the playoffs, I will stay behind the Broncos. If not always next year. cry
[ December 23, 2002, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 05:05 PM
JetBoatRich:
...If they slip into the playoffs, I will stay behind the Broncos. If not always next year. cry How far behind? You realize the Raider Nation outscored them 62-26 this season?
:D
-Chris

BigBoyToys
12-23-2002, 05:05 PM
:D GO RAIDERS!!! :D
[ December 23, 2002, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

mbrown2
12-23-2002, 05:13 PM
Hope the Raiders win this week...Home field through the Playoffs would be nice...Then another home field game in San Diego to end it.

BigBoyToys
12-23-2002, 05:25 PM
And....wait and see what the Raiders do next week against KC when they add another cornerback....Probably one of the best ever, Deion Sanders! :D
Raiders pass defense has sucked pretty much all year because of all the injuries, but they've held on and won a few. Add Deion and get Woodson healthy again (he's sitting out vs. KC) and the Raiders are SUPERBOWL CHAMPS! :D

JetBoatRich
12-23-2002, 05:27 PM
Deion? Must be nice to come and play a few games, then retire at the end of theseason again. While the rest of the team played hard all week.

mbrown2
12-23-2002, 05:44 PM
Well the Skins put Deion on waivers to clear a hurdle for the Raiders/Deion pairing....No disrespect to Deion, but you got guys that have been busting their asses for 15 weeks and this guy gets a whim(sp?) to play again, and now the attention is all surrounding Deion..(that does not do good things for team morale) and Trent Lott could have used Deion to step up a couple of weeks ago to take the spotlight off of his ass j/k.
I cannot see one player in his role making that big of change specifically one who has not played in while...I hope I eat my words and the guy plays great, but they need to put this side-show shit aside, and just continue playing hardnose football...Too much attention to one player, who has not stepped on the field with the team at week 16 does not do good things to the team synergy at this point in the season.

JetBoatRich
12-23-2002, 07:13 PM
You said it mbrown2
I hope he gets burned by some offensive player!

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 09:36 PM
JetBoatRich:
You said it mbrown2
I hope he gets burned by some offensive player! Sounds like a bummed-out Bronco Fan to me :D

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 09:37 PM
JetBoatRich:
Kitty tough year for us Bronco fans, I thought Portis would be a factor in the game yesterday, but oh well. yuk Greise ? Not sure what to say about him eek!
If they slip into the playoffs, I will stay behind the Broncos. If not always next year. cry Well Rich, it's not over till the "fat lady sings" (I think that's Alisha), however, we may still pull in a wild card. If not, there's always next year! :confused:
As for Griese, maybe they'll trade Griese for Romo, eh??? ;o) I WANT ROMO BACK!!!
Win or Loose, The Bronco's Rock!!! :D
[ December 23, 2002, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: RiverKitty ]

beached1
12-23-2002, 09:41 PM
I don't think Deion will be a big factor. Just a little help...Hopefully. He's been out for two years so he may not even be in shape. Not to mention that two years is a long time to be away from something like football. You can't just step back into a corner position and expect to be at the level to keep up with a Randy Moss or a Terrel Owens. The fact of the matter is, the Raiders have no one capable of covering a wide out effectively right now. If Buchanon and C Woodson were healthy, the Broncos wouldn't have had a chance yesterday.
The Siver and Black defense is full of battle worn vetrans. They won't take shit from Deion. They just want to win. I'm sure if Deion takes all the interviews after the game, it would be just fine for guys like Perella, Sam Adams, Romo and Armstrong.

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 09:46 PM
RiverKitty:
...As for Griese, maybe they'll trade Griese for Romo, eh??? ;o) I WANT ROMO BACK!!!
I could always loan you my Silvah And Black Romo Jersey :p

beached1
12-23-2002, 09:46 PM
RiverKitty:
I WANT ROMO BACK!!!
He wanted to leave. That wonky eyed denture wearing coach wanted him to play back up LB. But I know what you mean. I used to hate that guy!

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 09:47 PM
beached1:
RiverKitty:
I WANT ROMO BACK!!!
He wanted to leave. That wonky eyed denture wearing coach wanted him to play back up LB. But I know what you mean. I used to hate that guy! Beached...I'm with you...I HATED him as a Bronco...now I can't see where the Raiders would be without him....He is better on our team than he was on theirs...He's playin' like he has something to prove.

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by 24RODjr:
[/b]Kitty, Not to rub salt in the wound, but I feel obligated to. Then DON'T !!! You don't want to get the Kitty pisssssed off!!! Hissssss! Growwwl!!! Claw!!! burningm
And JUST when you were getting on my good side.....even though you are a Raider's fan.
Be NICE to the Kitty ...purrrrr ... or she'll have to pull out the WHIP!!!
devil
And I KNOW we don't want THAT!!! ;o)

beached1
12-23-2002, 09:58 PM
In an interview on Fox Sports net. Romo said that after the Broncos asked him to step aside and let a rookie take his spot he said he just simply picked up the phone and called Al Davis. He said that he always felt like he should have been a Raider all along. I couldn't agree more.

beached1
12-23-2002, 10:04 PM
Don't get too upset with us Raidah fans Kitty. We need to gloat. The Broncos have had our number for years. That is why I hate them. Hate, hate, hate them. The Broncos are the root of all evil IMO.
I did root for them in their last two Superbowls though. I thought Elway paid his dues and deserved it.

JetBoatRich
12-23-2002, 10:17 PM
Thanks Beached1,
Got to agree with you about Elway, to bad Marino not got the chance at the end.

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 10:21 PM
Kitty...
Don't get mad at the RODjr. The reason I hate is because of what Beached said...the horsies have had our number the last few years. The record is 4-12 over the last 8 years...
Please don't get mad at me...just allow me my moment...
-Chris "The Kitty Luvr" Rodriguez :D

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 10:26 PM
beached1:
Don't get too upset with us Raidah fans Kitty. We need to gloat. The Broncos have had our number for years. That is why I hate them. Hate, hate, hate them. The Broncos are the root of all evil IMO.
I did root for them in their last two Superbowls though. I thought Elway paid his dues and deserved it. Beached1:
I do believe the Raiders & Broncos are "Arch Enemies", however, I try not to let that interfere with a friendship. Even I admit the Raiders spanked our butts! The better team won. *pout* I'm not happy about it, but I'll always be a Broncos Fan...it's in my blood. Nothin' I can do about it. And likewise, I know that the Raider's are in your blood...nothin' you can do about it either. Fair enough! "I still love ya man, but you can't have my Bud Lite!!!" ;o)

JetBoatRich
12-23-2002, 10:27 PM
I like when you kids play well together :D

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 10:31 PM
24RODjr:
Kitty...
Don't get mad at the RODjr. The reason I hate is because of what Beached said...the horsies have had our number the last few years. The record is 4-12 over the last 8 years...
Please don't get mad at me...just allow me my moment...
-Chris "The Kitty Luvr" Rodriguez :D Ok Chris! You've HAD your moment...now it's time to be NICE!!!
Heck, I'll even go as far to say if the Raiders DO win the S.B., I'll be happy for ya!!!! :D Besides, YOU'LL be buying the drinks!!! :D

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 10:42 PM
Now that's a bet I'll take :D
Are we friends again? :rolleyes:

BigBoyToys
12-24-2002, 04:07 AM
Yes, the Raiders have been paying their dues all season and getting through adversity to make it to where they are now. But, who cares if a retired CB comes back during the last game of the year to help the team make a Superbowl run! I just want to WIN this year! And if Deion helps, that's great. BTW, Deion plays basketball DAILY and stays in shape (basketball is more physically demanding on the body).

BigBoyToys
12-24-2002, 04:10 AM
Oh yeah, and for those that don't want Deion in there to help, look at it this way. Buchanon won't be back this year, Woodson probably will, and next year....Alot of the current Raiders will be GONE because of the new Salary cap restrictions that go in place next season, of which the Raiders will be over by $45 MILLION!!!
We need it THIS year...no matter how we get it.
Just my .02

Elsinore Cop
12-24-2002, 07:34 AM
I paid $180 to sit in the front row and watch the Raiders slap around the Chargers and it was worth every penny. But the SB prices are too steep. For that price I can buy a wide screen plasma TV and watch in style. Deion or no Deion, this is the Raiders year.

beached1
12-24-2002, 08:01 AM
RiverKitty:
I do believe the Raiders & Broncos are "Arch Enemies", however, I try not to let that interfere with a friendship. Even I admit the Raiders spanked our butts! The better team won. *pout* I'm not happy about it, but I'll always be a Broncos Fan...it's in my blood. Nothin' I can do about it. And likewise, I know that the Raider's are in your blood...nothin' you can do about it either. Fair enough! "I still love ya man, but you can't have my Bud Lite!!!" ;o) No worries. I hate the Broncos, not their fans.
Most people say the oposite about the Raiders.
:D
Just win baby!

24RODjr
12-24-2002, 08:21 AM
No worries. I hate the Broncos, not their fans. Excellent point

JetBoatRich
12-24-2002, 10:13 AM
Have to admit there is a lot of Raider fans that ruin for the rest. They beat a guy in the crowd because he is wearing the other teams jersey?
I love the way me and my friends go back and forth at each other. My neighbor across the street huge Raider fan. This make the game even better when they play. :D
We are not the players still have to go to work on Monday.

B-rad502
12-24-2002, 10:16 AM
GO GREEN BAY!!!

PlayTime
12-24-2002, 10:27 AM
Green bay is going down. Take that cheese and wine out of here. Third string QB and still unstoppable.
Go Eagles.
------------
No Mcnabb, No Detmer, And now No pinkston and we are still gonna beat the Giants :D
Leave one Eagle on the field and we will still score jawdrop

RiverKitty
12-24-2002, 10:40 AM
24RODjr:
Now that's a bet I'll take :D
Are we friends again? :rolleyes: ya, Ya, YA!!!
"I'm Feelin' The *LOVE* Again!" :D
"It's all good!!!" ;o)
And I have *witnesses* that can attest that Chris WILL be buying everyone drinks IF the Raiders win the Super Bowl!!! Muohahahaha!!! *evil grin*
[ December 24, 2002, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: RiverKitty ]

BigBoyToys
12-24-2002, 06:11 PM
uh uh hum.....Not "If" the Raiders win the Superbowl..... But "When" the Raiders win the Superbowl! :D

24RODjr
12-25-2002, 12:24 AM
BigBoyToys:
uh uh hum.....Not "If" the Raiders win the Superbowl..... But "When" the Raiders win the Superbowl! :D To quothe the great and poetic Ice Cube
"UHYEEEEEEEEYEAH!"

beached1
12-26-2002, 06:58 AM
It's hard to explain but the Chargers blocked the deal for Sanders to play for the Raiders.
Not a big deal to me. I don't think he would have made that much of a difference. You can't expect to be up to speed with wide outs after being off for two years.

sandblasted
12-26-2002, 08:36 AM
Let's just hope that if the Raiders see Miami in the playoffs their offense actually shows up for all 4 quarters...I think they played just about their absolute worst 1/2 against miami 2 weeks ago and still had a chance to pull it out...They need to stay focused from here on out...anything can happen in the playoffs!
Go raiders!

HCS
12-26-2002, 08:41 AM
I'm going for a long shot. GO 49ERS!!

beached1
12-26-2002, 09:08 AM
sandblasted:
Let's just hope that if the Raiders see Miami in the playoffs their offense actually shows up for all 4 quarters...I think they played just about their absolute worst 1/2 against miami 2 weeks ago and still had a chance to pull it out...They need to stay focused from here on out...anything can happen in the playoffs!
Go raiders! I'd rather the Raiders NOT see Miami ever again. That was emarassing.

Havasu Cig
12-26-2002, 10:56 AM
beached1:
It's hard to explain but the Chargers blocked the deal for Sanders to play for the Raiders.
Not a big deal to me. I don't think he would have made that much of a difference. You can't expect to be up to speed with wide outs after being off for two years. The Chargers claimed Deion off waivers. IMO Terrance Shaw will be your weak link, and that is why they were going after Deion. Shaw sucked when he played for both the Chargers and Patriots.

missboatnam1
12-26-2002, 11:00 AM
beached1[/qb][/QUOTE]I'd rather the Raiders NOT see Miami ever again. That was emarassing. [/QB][/QUOTE]
you funny man :D wink :D wink

sandblasted
12-28-2002, 10:12 PM
Raiders 24
Chiefs 00
Can we say "home field advantage"? yeah baby!!
No friggin snow in new england this year!!

JetBoatRich
12-29-2002, 08:05 AM
sandblasted:
Raiders 24
Chiefs 00
Can we say "home field advantage"? yeah baby!!
No friggin snow in new england this year!! They played in the lake all day, I never saw so much water on a field. Got to love the Mud Bowls. :p

PlayTime
12-30-2002, 01:29 PM
Kickin Ass Eagles
A loss but thanks to Green bay I'm back to homefield advantage and a bye week. Looking forwarded to kicking raider a$$. :)

Desert Rat
12-30-2002, 01:50 PM
PlayTime:
Kickin Ass Eagles
A loss but thanks to Green bay I'm back to homefield advantage and a bye week. Looking forwarded to kicking raider a$$. :) If they (Raiders/eagles) do meet in the Super Bowl it will just be the same outcome as the last time.

LeE ss13
12-30-2002, 03:52 PM
Yes it's true ... every game day IS Halloween for a Raider Fan !!!
http://www.raiderfanmagazine.com/content/photos/2002Season/Wk12NE/maximus-420.jpg

HCS
12-30-2002, 03:56 PM
Has anyone here been to a Raiders game? I went twice last year and Raider fans are nuts!. eek!

mbrown2
12-30-2002, 04:28 PM
Desert Rat:
PlayTime:
Kickin Ass Eagles
A loss but thanks to Green bay I'm back to homefield advantage and a bye week. Looking forwarded to kicking raider a$$. :) If they (Raiders/eagles) do meet in the Super Bowl it will just be the same outcome as the last time. Refresh my memory...who won?

beached1
12-30-2002, 05:40 PM
mbrown2:
Desert Rat:
PlayTime:
Kickin Ass Eagles
A loss but thanks to Green bay I'm back to homefield advantage and a bye week. Looking forwarded to kicking raider a$$. :) If they (Raiders/eagles) do meet in the Super Bowl it will just be the same outcome as the last time. Refresh my memory...who won? Don't remember the score, but it was 1979 and the Silver and Black showed Dick Vermiel and Ron Jaworski what the elements of the Dark Side can do to birds.
Just Win Baby!

mbrown2
12-30-2002, 05:51 PM
beached1:
Don't remember the score, but it was 1979 and the Silver and Black showed Dick Vermiel and Ron Jaworski what the elements of the Dark Side can do to birds.
Just Win Baby! Thx Beached1...I was just being sarcastic...It was 1980, Superbowl VX, Raiders 27, Eagles 10..
Go Raiders... :D :D :D
What happened to the bolts...I would have liked to see another game between the two...they normally play a good game between each other..

JetBoatRich
12-30-2002, 07:26 PM
Chargers and Broncos are watching the games with me.

PlayTime
12-31-2002, 02:19 PM
Keep trying for Deion your gonna need a secret weapon. This is the year of the Birds. You guys dont dwell on history do you? If you do, thats ok too cause its about to be rewritten. :D

mbrown2
12-31-2002, 02:33 PM
The Chinese New Year says 2003 is the year of the "Black Sheep"....or Raiders for short

beached1
01-02-2003, 06:14 AM
Rich Gannon is awarded the leagues MVP.
:)
Wonder if Marty Shottenhiemer still thinks he isn't a starting QB? yuk

ed bullock
01-02-2003, 11:59 AM
j.e.t.s jets jets jets