PDA

View Full Version : Never a Howard custom boat regatta.

little rowe boat
04-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Can any of you howard owners out there think of a way to get gene willen of HCB, to have a hcb regatta.

dr. margarita
04-23-2003, 12:25 PM
I JUST HAD COCKTAILS WITH HIM AT THE NAUTICAL INN...HE'S JUST NOT INTO REGATTAS. I THINK US HOWARD OWNERS WOULD HAVE A BETTER CHANCE CONVINCING MIKE. IT WOULD BE GREAT, NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE, JUST KILLER HOWARDS AND MY MARGS!!!
LET'S HAVE A MARG!

Kilrtoy
04-23-2003, 04:17 PM
can you spell CHEAP

dr. margarita
04-23-2003, 07:34 PM
spell cheap? let me try...e...s...s...e...x or maybe its e...l...i...m...i...n...a...t...o...r

TCHB
04-23-2003, 07:51 PM
Ok Mike lets gets this one going.

Fhat Cat
04-24-2003, 05:47 AM
CHEAP !!!!! Well we no he didnot buy a HOWARD!!
I think some of the Howard owners should just get together and plan something and invite Gene and show him what fun it could be, we know Mike would for sure show up! Gene just is not into the 'Havasu thing' it should be some place different (Shasta, or the Delta) and not like the typical Poker run style.......
Mrs. Fhatcat......
26 howard cat passanger......

little rowe boat
04-24-2003, 06:45 AM
When I first ordered my Howard back in 1995, Gene assured me that they would start having regattas in the near future.8 yrs. later and still no luck.Mike is probably our best bet.

riverracerx
04-24-2003, 07:48 AM
Just come out to the River Racer X Poker Run/Regatta August 8th-9th at Havasu. We would love to have you Howard guys there. I live 5 minutes from the Howard shop.
Our event is going to be a casual Poker Run, not a race. And it will be family friendly so everyone can come out and have a good time.
For more information CLICK HERE! (http://www.riverracerx.com/03regatta.html)

little rowe boat
04-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Thanks rvrx might take you up on it.Hey mike if you read this try to get your old man to get the regatta going. Many howard owners would love to attend the 1st annual HCB regatta.

little rowe boat
05-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Just got an e-mail from Mike. He said their will be a regatta someday.

Essex502
06-01-2003, 03:58 PM
dr. margarita:
spell cheap? let me try...e...s...s...e...x or maybe its e...l...i...m...i...n...a...t...o...r Essex is hardly "cheap" can you say - Put on a Regatta with 200+ boats that show up and then give away $1000's of dollars in gear at the banquet? Hardly cheap.

playdeep
06-01-2003, 04:20 PM
DR.Marg..
Put the crack pipe down...CHEAP?
Of all of the aforementoined boat builders can you name the one that donated 2 complete boats (trailer incl.)to be raffled off,with the proceeds going to charity?
Hint:Begins with the letter E...
[ June 01, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: playdeep ]

TPI
06-01-2003, 06:04 PM
C mon guys, without bagging on anyone or any manufacturers(although I am laughing pretty hard at all of the comments :D ), I think to Howard Custom Boats, a regatta just has just not made it to the top of their priority list. I know Gene and Mike are very grateful to their dedicated customers, but when you are building 50-60 hand built boats a year and coming up with new products that really work, and keep it family owned and operated, it could keep a company pretty tied up with "current events". I know personally I would love a Howard Regatta with all of you Howard owners, that would be cool, I think it will happen someday, hopefully soon.
Take care
GT

CustomCruiser
06-01-2003, 07:20 PM
I ask Gene every year at the LA boat show and every year he says "next year". Besides, to me, there's a Howard regatta at Lake Havasu in the Channel every weekend!

SDLifesaver
06-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Mike told me last year would be the first, but Gene said no. Let's just organize an unofficial one and envite Mike to over see the thing and maybe we can stimulate him to do a real one. Just an idea. BBQ at my house afterwards.

Kilrtoy
06-03-2003, 06:58 PM
I look at regatta's as a way the company says thank you for your support. Granted you have to pay but they still sping alot of money and bring alike minds together. To bad a few builders are sour pusses..... frown

SDLifesaver
06-05-2003, 07:36 PM
OK, I talked to Mike today and he gave me his approval and thumbs up to have or organize an un-official regatta and he wants to come and observe and hopefully Gene will see the interest in the owners and want to start an annual event. I say lets get a roll call of everyone interested, pick a month next year, either June or Sept., or any month for that matter and do it. Any interested parties just post or PM and lets see how many people are interested. Nick