PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to Phuket?

beached 1
04-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Planning our next family vacation, I came accross this cool little resort. Phuket, Thailand. I want to go just to say I've been to Phuket :D
http://www.clubmed.com/cgi-bin/clubmed55/Ratio/Villages/RATIO_village.jsp[/email]?BV_SessionID=@@@@2039023648.1050 983019@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccjadcidljdijfcflgcefkdffhdfhg.0&PAYS=115&LANG=EN& pIDVILLAGE=PHUCH (http://www.clubmed.com/cgi-bin/clubmed55/Ratio/Villages/RATIO_village.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@2039023648.1050 [email]983019@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccjadcidljdijfcflgcefkdffhdfhg.0&PAYS=115&LANG=EN&pIDVILLAGE=PHUCH)

TripleThreat
04-21-2003, 07:53 PM
We had a thai restaurant here in Redding, CA with the name of Phuket. It was obviously a popular joint with the younger crowd like me. :]
Phuk me... no PHUK YOU! :]

RiverToysJas
04-21-2003, 07:55 PM
Phuket Thai is a restaurant on 2nd street in Belmont Shore (Long Beach). Never ate there though.
RTJas :D

beached 1
04-21-2003, 07:59 PM
There's a Vietnamese resturant in Colton called A-Dong.
Don't order the Salty Shrimp! It's not what you think!
:D

spectratoad
04-21-2003, 08:16 PM
I was there in 1991 courtesy of Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. It is an awesome place. The water was crystal blue and the food was cheap and awesome. Alot of Australians were there on vacation so it is a happening spot. Can't remember exactly what beach it was we were at but I don't recall there area being that big.
I keep trying to talk my wife into going there and it is finally third on our list of places to go after Greece and Hawaii.

burbanite
04-21-2003, 08:28 PM
beached 1:
[QB] Planning our next family vacation, I came accross this cool little resort. Phuket, Thailand. I want to go just to say I've been to Phuket D Poo-ket, about as far from family oriented as you can get.... wink
It was a popular stopover for the F1 boys on their way back to England from the Adelaide race, most stayed about two weeks, rent your girl for the whole time or choose a new one every day or two....
It is one of those places in the world where you really can get anything ... anytime
jawdrop

beached 1
04-21-2003, 08:40 PM
burbanite
Poo-ket, about as far from family oriented as you can get.... wink
jawdrop [/QB]Yeah I was thinking the same. Looks like Club Med has some cool stuff for the kids in Ixtapa, Mex. Came accross Phuket while running a search.
wink

TriSum
04-22-2003, 12:43 AM
My friend (wealthy) lived there for about 5 years, bought into one of the little bar/restaurant/dive shops. I think he is still part owner. Said it was one of the most incredible places he had been. Let me know if you need more information.