PDA

View Full Version : Got me a new Boat!

superV
10-13-2003, 05:59 AM
1993 CrownLine 20'Open Bow with a Alpha II, and a 350Mag.
Let me tell you after playing with all kinds of older Hot Boats It was very nice to just jump in and go. For a production boat these are 1st class all the way the rigging is clean the fit and finish is great and everything still looks new after 10yrs.I know alot of people will give me shit but I tell you what i will be keeping this
for a long time.The boat is stock aas a rock and came from the orig. owner on BullShoules lake Ar.
It rider on a matching prestege trailer with brakes and pulls great. The boat comes in a 2900lbs and with a full tank, 4 adults, and all the gear the boat ran 60mph at 4600rpm.Over the winter i will be putting on a set of EMI's with silent choice, K-Plans, A set of ZZ4 Al. Heads, a Holly 650 or 750, and a 100hp shot of NOS so im sure i will see 70mph. And the best part a ran a total of 4.5hr over the weekend and only used 3\8 of a tank.So the bottom line is IMO these are great boats and will run with the best of them in its class and still have room for ten people.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/368Crown4.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/368crown3.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/368crown2.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/368crown_1.jpg

JetBoatRich
10-13-2003, 06:05 AM
Clean boat, my brother in-law was thinking of picking up a similar model. Lots os room :D

superV
10-13-2003, 06:14 AM
Ya lots of room and storage! I would recommend one to anyone and as im sure you know a few others around here have them and like them aswell. wink

superV
10-13-2003, 06:16 AM
BTW you gotta love those bumpers on the trailer!"NOT" they will be coming off this week... :rolleyes:

Blown 472
10-13-2003, 07:37 AM
Why not leave it alone and build a hot rod??

Dr. Eagle
10-13-2003, 07:41 AM
RiverDave:
I'd becareful about upping the Horsepower with an Alpha drive.
RD Beat me to it RD. Everything but the NOS is probably OK. The NOS is liable to turn the drive into a steaming pile of metal fragments...

superV
10-13-2003, 08:21 AM
RiverDave:
I'd becareful about upping the Horsepower with an Alpha drive.
RD Im aware of the do's and dont's of the alpha and have built a few similar packages. Im not going crazy onit and and by using NOS I will be safe due to the fact that alpha break due to shifting in and out of gear with high HP but they can handel it on the top end. Im not looking for a Hot Rod just to be a little bit ahead of similar boats of its class.
But thanks for the warning!

superV
10-13-2003, 08:22 AM
Blown 472:
Why not leave it alone and build a hot rod?? Been there done that. And as always im looking for a new Lake Rod Project too. You should know that by now!

Trailer Park Casanova
10-13-2003, 08:31 AM
superV:
I know alot of people will give me shit.Nah,, some in the forum have two boats for the reasons you mention and feel the same as you.
I do.
I sold my last performance boat because of fussy engines, and the one before it we lost in a insurance scam. So until I find another performance boat (after the kids are in college) we are using our 22' wakeboard boat.
I agree it's nice to stick in the key, the engine starts easily, purrs all day, and I pull the kids & their friends up and down the river all week on a tank of fuel.
But I do miss 70+MPH.

superV
10-13-2003, 08:39 AM
Trailer Park Casanova:
superV:
I know alot of people will give me shit.Nah,, some in the forum have two boats for the reasons you mention and feel the same as you.
I do.
I sold my last performance boat because of fussy engines, and the one before it we lost in a insurance scam. So until I find another performance boat (after the kids are in college) we are using our 22' wakeboard boat.
I agree it's nice to stick in the key, the engine starts easily, purrs all day, and I pull the kids & their friends up and down the river all week on a tank of fuel.
But I do miss 70+MPH. You got it and besides most who know me on here
know i have had every kind of boat there is with
the exception of a sail boat.

Blown 472
10-13-2003, 08:41 AM
That will be next, then you will be axin how to hop up the outboard that gets you out of the harbor. :D :D :D

BajaMike
10-13-2003, 08:42 AM
Sounds like a fun boat!
smile_sp
Mike

superV
10-13-2003, 08:46 AM
Blown 472:
That will be next, then you will be axin how to hop up the outboard that gets you out of the harbor. :D :D :D Wellif i were to get one you are right I can leave anything stock its just not possible. :D
Besides its not like im going to do alot to it and i will see what kind of results i get from everything else i do before i put NOS on it.And it would only be for the shock factor anyways maybe ill only go with a 50hp shot.Im only looking for 8-10mph more. Should not be the hard. Shit 1st thing i should do lose the rev. limiter and see where that gets me.

superV
10-13-2003, 08:49 AM
BajaMike:
Sounds like a fun boat!
smile_sp
Mike Thanks I like it and thats all that matters. :D
BTW I really like the 20' Outlaws too!

Trailer Park Casanova
10-13-2003, 09:20 AM
Theirs a big block Nordic in my future,, I can feel it.
I was looking at RD's boat and my heart started pumping,,
It's in my blood,, can't deny it.

superV
10-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Trailer Park Casanova:
Theirs a big block Nordic in my future,, I can feel it.
I was looking at RD's boat and my heart started pumping,,
It's in my blood,, can't deny it. Gotta love the Nordics! I almost bought one here in St.Louis a few weeks ago still know where its at. Its a 1984 22 Viking I/O.For 4K.

superV
10-14-2003, 05:20 AM
I called the guy on the nordic just to see were he is at. He said he will take $3800 if anyone is interested let me know and I will get the info to you.