PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a Hummer.....

locogringo
01-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Not too bad if you have money to blow!
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/THE_Hum11.JPG
[ January 25, 2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: locogringo ]

Raskal
01-25-2003, 09:35 PM
to bad it is not a real hummer like the old ones

JetBoatRich
01-25-2003, 09:51 PM
It's only money :rolleyes:

CA Stu
01-26-2003, 12:48 AM
How's this?
http://home.earthlink.net/~jensengj/_uimages/P1010004.JPG
Still with the paper plates, no less.
OOPS! :D
Cheers
Stu

Wet Dream
01-26-2003, 06:58 AM
Raskal:
to bad it is not a real hummer like the old ones It is a real Hummer. If you think its just another truck, you better do some research. Yes, the originals are different and beefy as hell but they have a different package. You can still buy them. So if you don't want the ATIS, snorkel kit, and everything else the Hummer has, the H2 might just be the ticket. Unfortunately the H2 is a little underpowered, but hopefully that will change next year or 2.

Mandelon
01-26-2003, 07:12 AM
What a heartbreak.....rolling over your new toy. Insurance probably won't cover it since he was off road either....$80,000 down the toilet??

Wet Dream
01-26-2003, 07:15 AM
Mandelon:
$80,000 down the toilet?? Who the hell is paying that for an H2???? What was done to it????

JetBoatRich
01-26-2003, 08:17 AM
Big Boy Toy breaking it big time

shreddz
01-26-2003, 09:26 AM
Isn't the new H2 just a Chevy Tahoe in disguise???
-chris

beer hunter
01-26-2003, 09:32 AM
shreddz:
Isn't the new H2 just a Chevy Tahoe in disguise???
-chris I think so :)

Chaddyshack
01-26-2003, 12:51 PM
yes it is....... you can believe that the original hummers would totally survive that sort of a roll and not be a problem.

VillainDave
01-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Well perfect example. Just because you have a big boy name doesn't mean that you can go where they go!! :D

awakeallday
01-26-2003, 10:10 PM
Why are people such critics about the new H2? I happened to sell my H1 due to impracticallities. It was a nice vehicle to have fun with but was not practical. I now own the new H2, yes..You guys are absolutely correct that it's NOT the original but I tell you what, it is very practical, a nice bench seat across the back, an optional third small seat in the rear, vortec 6000 engine, which does the job just fine, unless you stuff 44" tires beneath it. The H2 is not a Tahoe in disguise. It has a lot better offroad capabilities, yes the rear end is a normal chevy pumpkin and axles, but the front to rear weight distribution has been re-engineered compared to the Yukon or Tahoe. The interior is completey different, and of course the body. As far as the drivetrain is concerned, it's 90% the same. Next time you guys get a chance, get underneath one of them and really observe it. wink

bigq
01-26-2003, 10:53 PM
awakeallday:
Why are people such critics about the new H2? I happened to sell my H1 due to impracticallities. It was a nice vehicle to have fun with but was not practical. I now own the new H2, yes..You guys are absolutely correct that it's NOT the original but I tell you what, it is very practical, a nice bench seat across the back, an optional third small seat in the rear, vortec 6000 engine, which does the job just fine, unless you stuff 44" tires beneath it. The H2 is not a Tahoe in disguise. It has a lot better offroad capabilities, yes the rear end is a normal chevy pumpkin and axles, but the front to rear weight distribution has been re-engineered compared to the Yukon or Tahoe. The interior is completey different, and of course the body. As far as the drivetrain is concerned, it's 90% the same. Next time you guys get a chance, get underneath one of them and really observe it. wink The "impracticallities" is what made a Hummer a Hummer.It wasn't made to go get the grocieries and take the kids to school, not that the H2 is not a nice truck, but it's whatever is best for you. Not baggin on your ride just an observation. wink

riverracerx
01-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Is that a rollover or a stolen joyride?
They are on a suburban chassis with a shortened body, but everyone I know who has driven one says they cannot compare to the Tahoe or Sub. They are great for offroad but no H1. Like comparing apples to oranges. Depends what you want to do with it I guess.
The H2 looks pretty sweet though.

Spirit of Discovery
01-27-2003, 10:02 AM
What is the GVW and Towing Capacity?

mbrown2
01-27-2003, 10:12 AM
The H2 at the top was at Sema and the recent Auto Show, it was owned and put together by Manny DeEncino of Creative Truck Lifts (CTL) Motorsports in Ontario. They just did my truck. That particular truck he sold, he has two others, one already sold and the other being customized...14" Whiplash lift, lots of Chrome, Bullet proof stuff in body in doors, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Wet Dream
01-28-2003, 02:25 PM
Here's a short write up about the H2.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Hum2.JPG

78Eliminator
01-28-2003, 02:33 PM
I was in LA over the weekend. I saw at least three hummers with 20" wheels. There sure are a lot of dipshits with a lot of money out there. Might as well but some 35" BFG mudders on a corvette.

CA Stu
01-28-2003, 02:57 PM
riverracerx:
Is that a rollover or a stolen joyride?
snip Rollover. Offroad on the bike with some friends, they came across this poor slob out in the hills, he had driven it about 10 miles in that condition and still had a ways to go to hit pavement. Luckily someone had a digtal camera. I understand that it was more in the neighborhood of $50k rather than $80k. Still, that's nothing to sneeze at.
Should take it to Armando's Bondo (We do bodywork you bet) then straight to Earl Scheib, good as new. wink
Cheers
Stu

shreddz
01-28-2003, 03:21 PM
CA Stu, where did the rollover pic go?!?
-chris