PDA

View Full Version : SOLD THE RED HARLEY

hd&boatrider
08-29-2003, 12:20 PM
Finally sold the Harley in my avatar. Skips had it for sell for $25K and they were wondering why it did not sell. It was because they were asking too much., Anyhow, I sold it for the same amount I wanted from Skips. Today is a good day. Still have the Heirtage Softail Classic so I am not riderless :) Just happy and wanted to share it with you peeps here.
That new Howard is getting closer and closer every day....lol

Kilrtoy
08-29-2003, 12:23 PM
How much did it sell for....

hd&boatrider
08-29-2003, 12:30 PM
Kilrtoy:
How much did it sell for.... 22K and worth every penny. You ever heard of the particular model (WG2)? It was a custom from Harley and designed by Willie G himself. Limited production. Gold flake flames in the paint, ostrich seat and tons of extras. Pretty fast bike.

bordsmnj
08-29-2003, 01:10 PM
are you off to the Howard shop??? :D

Screaming Pete
08-29-2003, 01:14 PM
I glad you still have 1 left in the quiver :)
With the 100th celebration thisweekend you should not be without .. Where do you find (wg2) info, that not the same as screaming eagle is it??

Kilrtoy
08-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Yes have heard of it, that was a bitchen bike, they did a special on harley him and that bike on the tlc or discovery channel awhile back....

hd&boatrider
08-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Kilrtoy:
Yes have heard of it, that was a bitchen bike, they did a special on harley him and that bike on the tlc or discovery channel awhile back.... Thanks KT and that be the one....

hd&boatrider
08-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Screaming Pete:
I glad you still have 1 left in the quiver :)
With the 100th celebration thisweekend you should not be without .. Where do you find (wg2) info, that not the same as screaming eagle is it?? I will be out/about riding this weekend. You can go to the Harley web site and pull up info under their COG (customized operations group). Screaming Eagle is a preformance kit you can add to a bike. This one did not have or need the kit as far as I am concerned :)

HammerDown
08-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Well ya knew the bike to keep>Heirtage Softail Classic.
I saw the WillyG bike...looked like something one of Jerry's Kids designed. At least in my eyes.
For the crazy amount they ask for these so called numbered bikes...I'd rather make my own custom. Sorry, WillyG dose nothing for me.
But as the saying goes"there's an Ass for every seat".
[ August 29, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

hd&boatrider
08-29-2003, 01:47 PM
bordsmnj:
are you off to the Howard shop??? :D Might be Jason but I am working on a few other things first. Maybe by the end of September. I have offers to buy my Commander boat and am considering it. Of course if I do sell it you know I HAVE to go shopping....lol You know it is funny...A lot of the stuff I sell I don't even have for sell. People see it and want it....lol For a price everything is for sell...well, just about everything.

hd&boatrider
08-29-2003, 01:49 PM
HammerDown:
Well ya knew the bike to keep>Heirtage Softail Classic.
I saw the WillyG bike...looked like something one of Jerry's Kids designed. At least in my eyes.
For the crazy amount they ask for these so called numbered bikes...I'd rather make my own custom. Sorry, WillyG dose nothing for me.
But as the saying goes"there's an Ass for every seat". and in a lot of cases two asses...lol The bikes are totally different and since I go on longer rides the WG2 isn't reall proper foor that ki9nd of riding. Around town the WG2 is fine

JetBoatRich
08-29-2003, 02:29 PM
Congrat's on the sale, looks like beer is on you :D

hd&boatrider
08-29-2003, 03:59 PM
JetBoatRich:
Congrat's on the sale, looks like beer is on you :D For you Rich and the way you conduct yourself on here if I ever see ya on the river.........
I will be more than happy to share some beer with ya!

bordsmnj
08-29-2003, 07:05 PM
i'll be up front and simply state that i don't know shit about harleys except they look cool and cost more than i got. That commander ,though i KNOW is in cherry shape. should be able to get a good price for it. what size Howard yuh thinking about?

JetBoatRich
08-29-2003, 07:22 PM
hd&boatrider:
JetBoatRich:
Congrat's on the sale, looks like beer is on you :D For you Rich and the way you conduct yourself on here if I ever see ya on the river.........
I will be more than happy to share some beer with ya! I will take that as a compliment, thanks wink

hd&boatrider
08-30-2003, 12:57 AM
bordsmnj:
i'll be up front and simply state that i don't know shit about harleys except they look cool and cost more than i got. That commander ,though i KNOW is in cherry shape. should be able to get a good price for it. what size Howard yuh thinking about? Thanks for the compliments Jason. If and it is an if I go to a Howard it will be the 25 Bullet.

DickDanger
08-30-2003, 11:06 AM
Wow, I cant believe that you sold that. From the pic, it looks like a really nice bike. The Scremin' Eagle Deuce is on the new cover of "American Iron", and looks really sweet. Only 3000 made......-DD Out

hd&boatrider
08-30-2003, 03:06 PM
DickDanger:
Wow, I cant believe that you sold that. From the pic, it looks like a really nice bike. The Scremin' Eagle Deuce is on the new cover of "American Iron", and looks really sweet. Only 3000 made......-DD Out That Duece is a very sharp bike. You can do a lot with it. I saw one at the Hollister run that was one of the nicest looking bikes I have ever seen.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-30-2003, 05:05 PM
I've been seriously looking at the V Rod.
I want to have it Anodized Blue Violet.
Probably not the entire bike, but select parts.
Not paint or powder coat, Anodized.
The prices are soft, availability good.
Rumor is that HD will offer the 103 HP Screaming Eagle motor in most the entire line, so we're waiting to see how that shakes out.
Don't want to buy something, then wish we bought something else.
Glad to read you moved you bike. Always a nice feeling to have a transaction completed.

hd&boatrider
08-30-2003, 10:42 PM
Trailer Park Casanova:
I've been seriously looking at the V Rod.
I want to have it Anodized Blue Violet.
Probably not the entire bike, but select parts.
Not paint or powder coat, Anodized.
The prices are soft, availability good.
Rumor is that HD will offer the 103 HP Screaming Eagle motor in most the entire line, so we're waiting to see how that shakes out.
Don't want to buy something, then wish we bought something else.
Glad to read you moved you bike. Always a nice feeling to have a transaction completed. I am not a big fan of the VRod but it is a pretty fast bike. Too quiet for me :) . I did notice in Sturgis there was quite a few around and people are really starting to do more customizing. Especially with the paint. It was just a matter of time before people starting making them to stand out.
Yes, it does feel good to move the bike. My problem is I don't try to sell stuff that hard. if it sells it sells. In the meantime I try to enjoy it though. The person buying is supposed to bring the cashola on Tuesday. Along with a hamburger....lol I hope he doesn't back away at the last minute.

HammerDown
08-31-2003, 04:24 AM
V-Rod....Ewwwwwwww! Another perfect example of why Wille G should just stick to designing there clothes wear.
OK, so there is a HD that if offered to me free...I would'nt want it. :D