PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING SITUATION!!! ...WOW!!!

MJ19
04-23-2003, 02:22 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/d/v/250x190/tdy_lauer_luckydog_030423.jpg
DOSHA WAS HIT by a car near her ownerÂ’s home on April 15. Next, a police officer shot her in the head to put her out of her misery. Then, presumed dead, she was put in a freezer at an animal control center.
Two hours later, when a veterinarian opened the door to the freezer, she was shocked to find Dosha, a 10-month-old of mixed breeding, standing upright in a plastic orange bag — the equivalent of a human body bag.
Appearing on national television Wednesday, Dosha seemed in fine spirits apart from the gunshot wound to her head and other injuries sustained from being hit by the car.
“When she first came in we called her miracle girl because we couldn’t believe what she had gone through and was still with us,” said veterinarian Deborah Sally on NBC’s “Today” show.
“She’s doing amazingly well,” added Sally, who said the dog had suffered from hypothermia after being put in the fridge.
The police chief in Clearlake, Calif., defended the officer who shot Dosha. Police Chief Bob Chalk says the officer did nothing wrong when he shot the dog in the head last week. He says the dog had been hit by a car and was in pain.
Police say the dogÂ’s owner may be cited for letting her pet run free. The case remains under investigation by police and Animal Control.
Want to help Dosha?
Clearlake Animal Welfare Society
707-994-3499 http://www.msnbc.com/news/904131.asp?vts=042320031335
Can you beleive this dog is still alive...just amazing! eek!

Mandelon
04-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Dog is god spelled backwards, ya know!! eek!

78Eliminator
04-23-2003, 02:32 PM
That cop was a dipshit. What did he want to do, kill the dog or just make it's life even more miserable?
Dog morning:
Wake up, shit on the floor.
Dig hole under fence and escape.
Run down street and cause car accident.
Get hit by a car and shit on the asphalt.
Get shot in the head by a cop. "Thanks"
Get place in body bag while still alive and thrown in freezer.
Get sodmized by animal control vet (that info wasn't published)
Get adopted by abusive crystal meth family
Die of starvation.

topless
04-23-2003, 02:34 PM
I don't get it, the dog gets out, gets hit by a car. Why isn't the cop who shot her cited for animal cruelty? You can bet that if a civilian had shot the dog, they would be in jail. Lets all hail our justice system.

MJ19
04-23-2003, 02:36 PM
I wish Miller would let me have another doggie...I'd protect that baby for the rest of it's life!

mbrown2
04-23-2003, 02:38 PM
78Eliminator:
That cop was a dipshit. What did he want to do, kill the dog or just make it's life even more miserable?
Dog morning:
Wake up, shit on the floor.
Dig hole under fence and escape.
Run down street and cause car accident.
Get hit by a car and shit on the asphalt.
Get shot in the head by a cop. "Thanks"
Get place in body bag while still alive and thrown in freezer.
Get sodmized by animal control vet (that info wasn't published)
Get adopted by abusive crystal meth family
Die of starvation. :D

MJ19
04-23-2003, 02:40 PM
topless:
I don't get it, the dog gets out, gets hit by a car. Why isn't the cop who shot her cited for animal cruelty? You can bet that if a civilian had shot the dog, they would be in jail. Lets all hail our justice system. What I don't understand is why didn't they take the dog to a vet? :confused:
My dogs have their vet's phone number on the tag, because if they are ever hit by a car, I would want anything necessary done to save their lives.
IMHO ~ I don't think it's up to the police officer to make that choice...that dog should have been taken to a vet and IF & ONLY IF the vet didn't think he could save the dog, then put it to sleep humanly...not with a bullet to the head. :mad:
[ April 23, 2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

topless
04-23-2003, 02:41 PM
MJ19:
I wish Miller would let me have another doggie...I'd protect that baby for the rest of it's life! You have the cutiest dogs. Although I am rather partial to mine. wink

78Eliminator
04-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Well, it takes more guts to shoot a dog and put it out of it's misery, than to selfishly let it suffer because you can't stomach killing.
If I was in a war, I would hope I would be in the company of men who would kill my ass if I asked them to do so.....
J

Ziggy
04-23-2003, 02:47 PM
I'm sure the cop thought he was doing the humane thing at that moment but my wife said the same thing...how much more pain did he end up inflicting to the poor thing? . Certainly looks as though he's gonna be fine and what a cool and heartwarming story it has turned into. :)

topless
04-23-2003, 02:51 PM
78Eliminator:
Well, it takes more guts to shoot a dog and put it out of it's misery, than to selfishly let it suffer because you can't stomach killing.
If I was in a war, I would hope I would be in the company of men who would kill my ass if I asked them to do so.....
J If the cop was a vet, I would understand putting it out of its misery but he had no training to know if the dog was injured so badly that it needed to be killed. I hope YOU never get hit by a car and that cop is around to judge your injuries.

Catmando
04-23-2003, 02:55 PM
topless:
78Eliminator:
J If the cop was a vet, I would understand putting it out of its misery but he had no training to know if the dog was injured so badly that it needed to be killed. I hope YOU never get hit by a car and that cop is around to judge your injuries. Word up.

hoolign
04-23-2003, 02:56 PM
that's a determined dog,be a good gaurd,think I'd change it's name to Timex

JazzyJes
04-23-2003, 03:11 PM
HEy Wifey! How's it going? How is Miller?Hope yall still love me! frown

MJ19
04-23-2003, 03:14 PM
topless:
If the cop was a vet, I would understand putting it out of its misery but he had no training to know if the dog was injured so badly that it needed to be killed. http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/274Peaches___Lindsey.JPG
Let me share a very personal story with you all:
When my dog "Peaches" was 3 years old, I left for the weekend, and left peaches in the care of my boyfriend's mother. While I was out of town, she somehow got about 8 or so miles away from Kathy's house. She was hit by a car on the highway. The people behind the car that hit her, stopped to see if she was alright. Because her name tag had her vet's information on it, they called her vet. He was out of town, they took her to the vet on call.
Peaches had broken her back in a couple places and was paralyzed. She was VERY depressed and wouldn't move. Kathy called me as soon as she located Peaches and found out what had happend.
I immediately came home. The vet gave me a little talk to prepare me for the likely hood this would be my goodbye visit. :(
As soon as Peaches saw me, she tried desparately to get up, but couldn't. She had a very happy look on her face and the vet was amazed at the immediate change in her spirit.
I took her home, kept her on medications, hand fed her, bathed her each time she had to go potty, after about 2 weeks it appeared she would not be able to get up, so the vet was on his way to put her to sleep. :(
I went into her room to visit her and say my goodbye and she wasn't there...she had taken her front body strength and somehow dragged her body out of the room to the sunshine outside.
This was an awesome sign...we cancelled the vet appointment. And worked on some physical therapy. She relearned how to walk and eventually run.
She lived another 7 years. :D
So please do not ever think someone who does NOT know the dog personally could make that judgement. I would have missed out on 7 years of Peaches' life if some cop make that call. frown
[ April 23, 2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

topless
04-23-2003, 03:22 PM
You are so right MJ19. If animals could speak our language, they could tell us, in the mean time all they have is our love and THAT is what heals the best.

Ziggy
04-23-2003, 05:17 PM
I wish I could speak their language, I'd fit right in :cool: