PDA

View Full Version : Member question: Are there an Appraisers out there?

THOR
09-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Are any of you appraiser's?
A non-board member would like to know the earning potential here in socal?
thanks in advance

rrrr
09-08-2003, 11:42 AM
I am an expert at appraising T & A, but no one has ever offered to pay me for my skills. :p

Just Tool'n
09-08-2003, 11:43 AM
I know I need an appraisal on my boat this last winter. I think they are few & far between.
A person I think could make a living do it?
Acording to my people at all of the local boat shops, the closest person to do it was in stockton at the delta. 2 hours away.

Just Tool'n
09-08-2003, 11:45 AM
rrrr
I am an expert at appraising T & A, but no one has ever offered to pay me for my skills.
I hate ot think of all of the money I have spent on the training on appraising T & A!

DOHARA
09-08-2003, 12:42 PM
THOR, I just finished appraisal class and some student's that took the class prior came in to visit and gave us a run down off what they made. Basically until you are a certified appraiser and take the state test it's hard to get paid. Some certified appraisers will want you to work for free and some will usually pay you half of the fee. My buddy is working for free until he takes the state test. The other students said he was making half of the total fee, around 175.00 and was doing about two appraisal's a day at 6 day's a week, equals 8,400.00 a month. After you get your 2,000 hrs in and take the test, skie's the limit. Tell your friend it's not all fun and games, if you get caught doing any BS on the appraisal you can get serious fines and loose you license. It's a very strict industry. I went to anthony schools in irvine you can go full or part time but it's 90hrs of class and 4 tests.
Good luck.
Dano
[ September 08, 2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: DOHARA ]