PDA

View Full Version : Used Wakeboards

NashvilleBound
09-08-2003, 03:38 PM
We are looking for a few used, nice, boards. The ones we want are like $400+ and thats WAY too much.... Anyone out there want to sell last years board so you can get this years gear??? Its not for me its for my son. He needs a lighter more agressive board. Help this poor guy out....pah-lease

HM
09-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Go check out overton's for their end of the season sale. Pickup Wakeboarding magazine and look for other online wakeboard co's - there are/will be lots of deals on last years boards.
Also, ebay.

NashvilleBound
09-08-2003, 07:20 PM
Ah, e bay...good thought! I'll check it out. Thanks

FRANK THE TANK
09-08-2003, 08:34 PM
You should check out Overtons or wait until your local boat show. I got my board at this years show which was last years model and it went for $350, bindings/bad/board. That's not too bad for pretty much everything. If that's still not in your budget try Play It Again Sports. They usually have some pretty cool stuff. eBay always works too.

superdave013
09-08-2003, 09:32 PM
NashvilleBound:
this poor guy Now that's freaking funny!

Trailer Park Casanova
09-08-2003, 10:43 PM
I've bumped into a few people at the sandbar that bought theirs on Ebay. Nice boards, cheap.
My daughter bought a Hyperlite Belmont 129 for about 1/3 the listed price. She just ground the store owner down for about an hour.
Then won super expensive bindings at a regatta,, what luck.
Try e bay, Overtons.

h2oski2fast
09-08-2003, 10:49 PM
Here's what a wakeboard is good for!
http://www.behnermarine.com/accessorize/SkiChair/SkiChairHypeWakeWakeboardBench.jpg

NashvilleBound
09-09-2003, 04:27 AM
superdave013:
NashvilleBound:
this poor guy Now that's freaking funny! Stop itttt.....

rrrr
09-09-2003, 06:10 AM
eBay!! I got a new-in-the-wrapper Hyperlite Element HC for $200, it was selling for $525 in the shops at the time. The guy stiffed me on the fins, so make sure you ask. Four board fins can set you back $80.
Also go to the board shops right now, they sell their demos after Labor Day cheap. I got a nice board for $125 that way. They are usually banged up a bit but so what?
Good luck.

Sherpa
09-09-2003, 07:13 AM
ditto on what rrrr wrote.
I just went to a sale at Cope and McPhetres in
santa clara, ca. they were selling all their
demo boards/bindings and accessories....
I got a very nice pair of hyperlite boots for
60%retail....
the best though, I bought a brand new board from
a "trust-fund" baby that never got used, paid
200 bucks for a new HL parks board. cool.
guess I can't bag on the wakeboard brats too much
anymore. even though I'm still a slalom skier at
heart.
--Sherpa

mirvin
09-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Here's something to know (Let me start by saying I'm not usually one to "Take Advantage" of giant chain sporting good stores but here's the scoop): SPORTMART!!! They offer a 90 day "no questions asked" return policy on their wares. I bought a new board at the begining of July and brought it back last week and got my money back!! Honestly, the board was crap and both binding broke after the 3rd trip, but WTF it was a free board for the summer.
At least it's an opportunity to get what you want and try a few boards without breaking the bank.
BTW I wanted to exchange the board but they were out of stock so I took my money over to Sport Chalet.

NashvilleBound
09-09-2003, 06:21 PM
RiverDave:
superdave013:
NashvilleBound:
this poor guy Now that's freaking funny! I was kinda thinking the same thing.. LOL :D
RD :p OK, Maybe "Cheap Bastard" would make you happy??? :D lol...whatever :rolleyes:

Tom Slick
09-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Nashville Bound,
I have 2 boards and a set of bindings that I would like to sell. They are in perfect condition.
- Liquid Force 38 Rip
- Liquid Force 41 Rythem
- Liguid Force High Suction bindings
Let me know if you are interested.
626 695-1218
ccrsport@ccrsport.com
Thanks
Chris

Kilrtoy
09-09-2003, 09:58 PM
OK SUPER SECRET DONT TELL ANYONE idea
SPORTS CHALET
The season is over
Tell them you want to purchase their demo boards talk about cheap.
Got the wife her board brand new never used, just had the word in 1/4" letters that said "demo" on the tip. Got it with binding for 139.96
We then told the guy the bindings were to big so he let us pick a new set of pro comps(I THINK THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE CALLED) The bindings alone 3 years ago were $199. the whole thing retailed for $475.
Now remember its our secret dont tell anyone.... :D

NashvilleBound
09-10-2003, 04:58 AM
Tom Slick:
Nashville Bound,
I have 2 boards and a set of bindings that I would like to sell. They are in perfect condition.
- Liquid Force 38 Rip
- Liquid Force 41 Rythem
- Liguid Force High Suction bindings
Let me know if you are interested.
626 695-1218
ccrsport@ccrsport.com
Thanks
Chris Chris, You have mail.....
Kilrtoy, I will check it out too.