PDA

View Full Version : Tour Guide Needed

Jbb
08-29-2003, 08:50 AM
When I come out west to visit ....I want to visit this place ......I bet it would be interesting!
Bodie (http://www.weirdlinks.com/bodie/bodie.htm)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-29-2003, 11:25 AM
I have always wanted to go there but the only time we are up there is when we are snowboarding in Mammoth and Bodie is closed during the winter.
Let me know how it is! :p
Linda

mikev
08-29-2003, 11:28 AM
hey brian were are you at in atl i live in cumming

miller19j
08-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Brian,
Bodie is a really cool place! We use to go there all the time when we had a place up in Mammoth. It is a great day trip out of Mammoth. During the summer the fishing is pretty good up there and the scenery is beautiful. I would also recommend seeing Devils Postpile and Rainbow falls when you are up there. :)
Brad

gigamurph
08-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Worth the visit JBB! It's awesome to walk through the town and imagine some of the stories that are told. One story has a gunfight breakin' out in one of the saloons and all they can hit are the walls, windows, and floors! Not one death or injury occurred with approximately 30 (I think, don't remember the story completely.guess I could watch my vid again.) rounds bein' spent! Another was that the snows were so heavy at times that they couldn't see the walkways or roads, so they would walk from mule ears to mule ears because that was all that was visible above the drifts! Great place! If ya ever get out here and you're near there, definitely a "gotta stop and check it out"! The wife and I want to go back and take the mine tour sometime. Just be sure if any of you go, take plenty of water, a snackor two, your walkin' shoes, and be prepared to take your time (lotta ground to cover and thin air from the altitude). :D

Jbb
08-29-2003, 12:31 PM
mikev:
hey brian were are you at in atl i live in cumming Dallas Ga.
10 minutes from the Launch ramp at Lake Allatoona ...you know ...that "other"lake.... :D

Jbb
08-29-2003, 12:33 PM
miller19j:
Brian,
Bodie is a really cool place! We use to go there all the time when we had a place up in Mammoth. It is a great day trip out of Mammoth. During the summer the fishing is pretty good up there and the scenery is beautiful. I would also recommend seeing Devils Postpile and Rainbow falls when you are up there. :)
Brad Sounds like a trip I would enjoy ....Where are these places in reference to Santa Rosa?

Rexone
08-29-2003, 06:00 PM
JETBOAT BRIAN:
miller19j:
Brian,
Brad Sounds like a trip I would enjoy ....Where are these places in reference to Santa Rosa? Inland and south a little, off hwy 395. Probably half a days drive from Santa Rosa. Been there a couple times, good trip.
[ August 29, 2003, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

73beast
08-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Great place to visit.The state is'nt restoring the town just trying to keep the buildings from getting worse and falling down. Boot hill has some graves from as late as the 70s or early 80s ,i believe, but i haven't been there for about fifteen years.

73beast
09-12-2003, 07:48 PM
Riodog's pictures of Bodie http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/355Bodie_1-med.jpg