PDA

View Full Version : WHY ARE CONTRACTORS SO F*@%ED UP

Kilrtoy
07-21-2003, 03:34 PM
So I need a garage door opener installed. So I wait 4 days for this yahoo to show up. He calls at the time he is supposed to be here and says he is running late. ok, he says he will be right there. Well just shy of three hours later he calls and says he will be here within an 1/2 hour or so. So the wife ask what type of discount do I get for wasting my whole day. He answers NONE. So she answers don't bother coming over, we'll call someone else.
F*#$%in DICK.....

SCUBA STEVE
07-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Do it yourself bro?? Or have a beer party and we'll drive out & help you. The garage might not open or close afterwards but we'll have a good time trying to make it work. lol :D

jlnorthrup122
07-21-2003, 03:45 PM
dude I agree the man sounds like an ass but he probably has much bigger projects to take care of than yours so he's prioritizing in $Dollar bills YO. sounds like this guy is not a bonded contractor. call up sears or your local overhead door company!

Freak
07-21-2003, 03:46 PM
I agree...just do it yourself, you will be surprised how easy it is

mike37
07-21-2003, 04:01 PM
Kilrtoy:
So I need a garage door opener installed. So I wait 4 days for this yahoo to show up. He calls at the time he is supposed to be here and says he is running late. ok, he says he will be right there. Well just shy of three hours later he calls and says he will be here within an 1/2 hour or so. So the wife ask what type of discount do I get for wasting my whole day. He answers NONE. So she answers don't bother coming over, we'll call someone else.
F*#$%in DICK..... you did the right thing
he would not have don you right
if he cant shoe up on time

TrojanDan
07-21-2003, 04:16 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
Do it yourself bro?? Or have a beer party and we'll drive out & help you. The garage might not open or close afterwards but we'll have a good time trying to make it work. lol :D Thanks for volunteering yourself Steve. I have a brand new one in a box in my Havasu garage. Feel free to stop by and hook it up. The box says it should only take 4-6 hours so that only translates to 2-3 days. yuk :p
p.s. - make sure it works when your done! :cool:

TrojanDan
07-21-2003, 04:16 PM
First double post! WTF? :cool:
[ July 21, 2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: TrojanDan ]

Kilrtoy
07-21-2003, 04:45 PM
I have the worst luck when it comes to these things.
I had new windows put in. They gave an estimate and said 1 day.
Well that turned into three, Reason they gave. We didnt know your house was three stories. AHHHHH DUHHHHHHHHHH you were here and saw the house and gave an estimate, idiot.
So then I have the interior of the house painted. Again the genious came to the house and gave an estimate. 1 day maybe two with monor touch ups. Ok
Well three full days later he finishes and says wow this was a really hard job........
Now I know why i'm not a contractor, cuz i'm not a MORON

jlnorthrup122
07-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Now I know why i'm not a contractor, cuz i'm not a MORON hey now!! :D these people don't sound like contractors either. sounds like to me you went with the lowest dollar bid and your getting what you pay for. from now on ask them if their bonded! If they look at you with a stupid look on there face get rid of em! are these people in any way profesional? :cool:

Kilrtoy
07-21-2003, 04:58 PM
Actually,
I didnt go woth the lowest bid and these companies have huge showrooms and appeared on all fronts to be on the up and up. Well they did do good work.....

jlnorthrup122
07-21-2003, 05:06 PM
I think you might be to much like myself "too impatient and hot headed" :cool: :D :D

mike37
07-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Kilrtoy:
Actually,
I didnt go woth the lowest bid and these companies have huge showrooms and appeared on all fronts to be on the up and up. Well they did do good work..... The big companies have salesmen that go by a pry set time fore items but don’t always work out right
Check them out
The salesmen should have a # you can check to
contractors bord web page (http://www.cslb.ca.gov/)

Kilrtoy
07-21-2003, 05:35 PM
No not really,
but when you put it in writing do whatcha say. If they would have said 3 days I would have said cool, but they said one.
I want to hear other people bitch stories about contractors

Mandelon
07-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Can't help you much there, but I can give you some contractor's stories about horrible homeowners......... :D :D

future boater
07-21-2003, 06:44 PM
jlnorthrup122:
he probably has much bigger projects to take care of than yours so he's prioritizing in $Dollar bills YO. see this is whats wrong with people these days, if you cant do something for WHATEVER reason, dont say you will! you know the whole my word is like my balls i dont break them for anything, thing....

Kilrtoy
07-21-2003, 06:57 PM
That is exactly what I figured,
Someone called and said I need it right now and I dont care what the cost. So they got the same job I waited for, but paid double or triple, So this yahoo shit on me and expected me to wait on him. Shit I already waited this long whats another two days. He aint getting my money.
Oh by the way im the president of the HOA, where I live, so when these people are up standing and live up to there word, they also get the contract for the whole community. This JACKASS just boned himself out of that.....Oh well....

MUDXPRT
07-21-2003, 06:58 PM
I'm a concrete contractor, been doing it for 25 yrs. If your going to have work done check out thier past projects, reputation, even thier personality, are they friendly do you you seem to "click with them". We do anything from patios to tract homes. But communication and honesty is most important, if you have an appointment keep it, thier time is just as important as yours. Anyone that is reputable is probably swamped with work right now. The customer will ask when can you start I won't string them along, let them know it will be 2 or 3 weeks. I have builders and homeowners waiting for thier foundations or flatwork. It's communication, honesty and quailty that keeps us in business. Don't ever lose sight of that!

mowtown
07-21-2003, 07:01 PM
Mandelon:
Can't help you much there, but I can give you some contractor's stories about horrible homeowners......... :D :D Well put, can I add my 20?

Dusty Times
07-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Kilrtoy:
F*#$%in DICK..... If it weren't for contractors like this I wouldn't be so busy. We actually show up on the job.(Sorry Kilrtoy, we are not in this trade) But you did the right thing by getting rid of him. Imagine trying to get him back over if you had problems with his installation. Consider yourself lucky he didn't do it.

mtndewdrops
07-21-2003, 07:53 PM
I used Home Depot and the guy actually showed up on time and did a great job...$80 for the install.

DEEZ NUTTS
07-21-2003, 10:08 PM
I have never messed with the opener, but after looking at mine just now it looks like the spring could really F-you up.

NEW 2 RIVER
07-21-2003, 10:29 PM
Used to be in the flooring business and worked for a company that did the installing for home depot.For small jobs like doors and windows and small flooring jobs you cant beat Home depot or Lowes turnaround times is quick.Wouldnt reccomend them for any custom work though.Got to agree with you on the F'd up part though.Wanted some concrete work done 2 months back and had 2 contractors never show up for estimates and when I called 2 more 1 seemed uninterested and the other came and was only 2 hrs late.Gave up and decided to do it myself.All the good contractors are usually kept pretty busy and construction is so busy right now even the bad ones have business.

al cole'holic
07-22-2003, 08:28 AM
I know contractors are pretty bad, but do you really consider a garage door installer one?? :D