PDA

View Full Version : Verizon + Cell Phone Models???

HammerDown
02-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Anyone using any of these 3 phones... And how do ya like it?
*LG-VX10
*LG-VX-440
*Motorola V60I
*Samsung A310
Reason being...my current LG-330 (good phone) is a dual mode, and for me to switch over to the America's Choice Calling plan...I will reguire one of the 4 Tri-mode phones above I picked out.
I can get the LG-VX10 for a total cost of $19.00 with 2 rebates...thats with a new 2 year-(yuk) contract agreement.
My current year contract has just expired...so there kissing my butt to keep me. :D

JustMVG
02-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Hey hammer, i have the Motorola V60I and i really like it, i am on Cingular but the phone is the same, the caller id shows up on the screen on the outside of the phone, it's handy and heavy enough so that you can't lose it. It's web ready if thats your thing, the scrolling features are nice too. Sound is great, the only thing i do not like is the recent calls list is only 10 numbers long.
The menu is easy to use too.
Other than that i would recommend it.

HammerDown
02-21-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the above reply...how is the speaker volume for the ear...loud enough? I notice sometimes I have to push my current phone into my brain just to here the other person...like if theres to much road noise.

rvrhlic
02-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Whatever you do, don't get the V60. I and several of my friends have (had) it. I am the only one who still does, the antenna breaks off way too easily. You can send it back to motorola to have it fixed but be without a phone for a month. I would recommend against it.

1stepcloser
02-21-2003, 02:42 PM
I just got the LG 4400 for my daughter.
It has a ton of fun features, cool stuff and pretty good quality.
Volume is really good, plus it has 2 way speakerphone ability.
Best of the group, in my opinion.

Mandelon
02-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Oh man, I was looking for models...... wink

HammerDown
02-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Mandelon:
Oh man, I was looking for models...... wink You aint right....

H20NUT
02-21-2003, 05:20 PM
Hammerdown,
I work for Verizon and I just received the LG4400 as my company phone. The phone is great. Light weight, color screen, and easy to access the features. One drawback is that with color screens the battery goes real fast. Buy an extra battery or car adaptor.
Regarding the V60i,it a popular model but its true the antennas break off all the time.
You might also want to look at the Audx 9500. Same features as the LG4400 but a bit larger.

HammerDown
02-21-2003, 05:44 PM
H20nut...thanks for the reply...this is what I've found out after a quick visit to my local Verizon store
...Consumers Reports rate the LG-V10 second from the top(however Verizon is trying to clean out left over stock)...the newest version of the V10 is LG-VX440 with a color screen...that kills the batt. quicker, thats what I was also told.
The sales person said by far the Motorola V60I was the best they had...HOWEVER they dont stock it anymore but could get it...another discontinued phone???...my cost $149.00...Wasent that V60i something like $500-$700 when it first came out?
I did see the Motorola T720, and I did like the way it looked.. aside from the cool feature...how is the overall performance of this phone (sensitivity,ease of use, battery life, speaker volume)???
Thanks for all the feedback.

syke-o
02-21-2003, 10:02 PM
H20NUT:
Hammerdown,
I work for Verizon and I just received the LG4400 as my company phone. The phone is great. Light weight, color screen, and easy to access the features. One drawback is that with color screens the battery goes real fast. Buy an extra battery or car adaptor.
Regarding the V60i,it a popular model but its true the antennas break off all the time.
You might also want to look at the Audx 9500. Same features as the LG4400 but a bit larger. the V60i has a fixed antenna, if you are with Cingular.... it is a solid phone for Cingular and all phones battery lifes are different, i am using a SonyEricsson T68i with a color screen that has an awesome battery life... :)

H20NUT
02-21-2003, 10:14 PM
Hammerdown,the moto 720 was the first mass produced color handset that Verizon sold and many jumped on it and bought them. There was software upgrade that was suppose to speed up the software but I thinks it is still slow.When using the menu button to access the feature the software will slowdown or lockup if accessed to fast.Battery life still sucks becuz color but a sweet light phone with a large screen. The LG 4400 screen resolution is twice as sharp as the 720.Volume on my 4400 is loud to the point that I have to turn it down at times. Vx10 older model nice but it worth going to the color screens.Last reminder,remenber whatever you buy today will be old news in 6 months.Technology sucks."Can you hear me now"

JustMVG
02-24-2003, 01:11 AM
My V60i's volume is great , as to the antenna i have dropped the phone a few times and no problems, my girls play with the phone all the time and haven't broken it yet. Maybe i am one of the lucky ones. Battery life is great and you can turn off certain features to extend the batteries life before recharge. I like my phone so far it was easy to learn and is easy to use thats all i need. Mike VG

WILD LAVEY
02-24-2003, 01:22 AM
rvrhlic:
Whatever you do, don't get the V60. I and several of my friends have (had) it. I am the only one who still does, the antenna breaks off way too easily. You can send it back to motorola to have it fixed but be without a phone for a month. I would recommend against it. i agree with ya on the antenna problem, but other than that im happy with mine. ive had two broken antennas and i took it in to a local verizon store and they replaced it. it only took a couple of minutes. did you try a local store before sending it to motorola?

HammerDown
02-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the replys...it looks like its down to one of the 2 LG Phones...
LG-VX440 for $149.00
LG-V10 for $19.99 with 2 rebates
I do like the long talk and standby time of the Motorola V60i...just here it's way to fragile!
Hmmmm, but rumor has it, there will be a whole new bunch of phones to choose from this Spring! :confused: