PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Horse who is going?

superV
03-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Just want to see who wil be staying at Crazy Horse for OP-6. I just called and they have several beach spots open.I would also like to hear any pro or cons about the place?If you are staying post what site # your at. wink

superV
03-13-2003, 11:25 AM
????????????????????????????????????????????????
:rolleyes:

Havasu Luvr
03-13-2003, 11:36 AM
CrazyHorse has calmed down alot the past few years...No torlerance. No Visitors after 6 pm, 4 poeple per site $2.00 extra per person over 4. I have six in my family, last year @ Commander's Regatte I talked to Gary (Manager) and he agreed to let me pay for the extra 2 family members since my to oldest sons (then 14 & 19) would be arriving late friday night. Upon their arrival the gate guard would not let them into the campground, she would not even look on my registration card to see that I added their name on it. I had to come to the gate and pick them up....needless to say that my name is on the hit list since then..... although the "P" sites are awesome...We love P-10
Good luck with your experience
Good Luck

superV
03-13-2003, 11:43 AM
Havasu Luvr:
CrazyHorse has calmed down alot the past few years...No torlerance. No Visitors after 6 pm, 4 poeple per site $2.00 extra per person over 4. I have six in my family, last year @ Commander's Regatte I talked to Gary (Manager) and he agreed to let me pay for the extra 2 family members since my to oldest sons (then 14 & 19) would be arriving late friday night. Upon their arrival the gate guard would not let them into the campground, she would not even look on my registration card to see that I added their name on it. I had to come to the gate and pick them up....needless to say that my name is on the hit list since then..... although the "P" sites are awesome...We love P-10
Good luck with your experience
Good Luck Well that sucks to hear :( It looked like they are in a good location?I just want to be close to the action for Sat. night, and I liked the fact that I could park the boat on the beach near my site... :confused: Well ill keep looking. Shit if Gas keeps up this way I might just have to leave the boat home and hitch a ride to the sand bar :mad:

Ian
03-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Crazy Horse has cracked down a lot over the past few years due to the excessive partying of spring breakers there. If you don't have a motorhome forget it, if you do have a camper and your not too wild then you should be fine. A couple years ago I was there for Spring break and the place turned into a riot zone, cars were trashed, women violated, people pushed into fires, etc..., so you can see why they have had to crack down. It was ridiculous I was there with a huge group of guys and we pulled some girls away from the mob of guys only to have another group of girls replace them. Try to stay on the good side of the employess there, like Havasulvr said once your on their s*&t list it's all over.

superV
03-13-2003, 12:11 PM
Ian:
Crazy Horse has cracked down a lot over the past few years due to the excessive partying of spring breakers there. If you don't have a motorhome forget it, if you do have a camper and your not too wild then you should be fine. A couple years ago I was there for Spring break and the place turned into a riot zone, cars were trashed, women violated, people pushed into fires, etc..., so you can see why they have had to crack down. It was ridiculous I was there with a huge group of guys and we pulled some girls away from the mob of guys only to have another group of girls replace them. Try to stay on the good side of the employess there, like Havasulvr said once your on their s*&t list it's all over. Does not sound to fun frown

HavasuDreamin'
03-13-2003, 01:06 PM
Havasu Luvr:
although the "P" sites are awesome...We love P-10I have camped at P-10 before in the lagoon. Best campsite in Crazy Horse. :cool: :cool:

230EAGLE
03-13-2003, 04:19 PM
A FRIEND OF MINE HAS P-9 ON MEMORIAL WEEKEND FOR A SITE. HOW IS IT?
THEY SAID IT RIGHT ON THE WATER. IS IT? ANY OTHER INPUT WOULD BE GREAT.
THANK YOU,
TINA

01RENEGADE
03-13-2003, 06:28 PM
I will be going to the crazy horse to see the HAG (Merle Hagard) on monday!! ooppps I quess you mean a different Crazy Horse lol should be fun.

Ziggy
03-13-2003, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE]@ Commander's Regatte
Commander buddy!
Haven't done the CrazyHorse in years due to the crazies but heard the same that they've cracked down hard on all the BS.....but still don't leave a full cooler laying around unattended or it'll be empty when you get back!

SCUBA STEVE
03-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Newbie here, if I am doing anything wrong please let me know. I am not a computer wiz as of yet but I am a quick learner.
I just wanted to give you my thoughts on crazy horse, I have left everything out in the open with out anything being stolen in the past. I have been going every Memorial since 98. Reading some of the horror stories people have, I consider my self lucky. Crazy horse also has a few mobile homes for rent.
They arent too close to the water but a/c in the hot weather sure beats camping out.

Havasu Hangin'
03-13-2003, 07:24 PM
We usualy stay across the channel at the Bridgeview Motel- staggering distance to Poke-a-Ho's and In-N-Out...
...around $75/night (divided 10 ways)...

Havasu Luvr
03-13-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey 23Eagle,
P-9 is a great site. You will enjoy it. It is located in a lagoon semi protected (water) by the wind. You will have your own little stretch of beach 15' from the back of your trailer and a assigned slip for your boat. Just stay on the good side of the camp ground personel (within reason). Enjoy....

Hallett19
03-13-2003, 08:24 PM
I remember the first time I went to havasu for my 20th birthday we all stayed at crazy horse. It was so much damn fun, there were so many cool people everywhere, walk to any camp site and people would offer beers, everyone stayed up late and hung out, it was really fun, however, waking up in a tent in 110 degree weather.... not so much fun, but the night parties made up for it, and the fact you could wake up and walk 30 feet to the water. Needless to say, I got layed with no dramas as well as the rest of my crew on the second night we got there. But recently I heard about all the shit that went down and those people completley ruined it, makes me really upset to hear that happened because that place brings back alot of memories, and driving by while I'm night cruising on the boat and seeing nobody up partying kind of sucks, but lets take a second to thank those that ruined it for the rest of us, as well as those people that decided to fight and stab people at sandbar and close that on holiday weekends...... what a joke.

SCUBA STEVE
03-13-2003, 08:35 PM
My first and only time at the sand bar was for memorial 2000. What a party spot! It only takes a few people to ruin the fun for the rest of us. My group tries to get the party going everytime we stay at crazy horse, but it seems everyone wants to keep to them selves. Hopefully this season will be different. I already booked my rental for memorial & the 4th of July. You cant beat the boat launch there. The marina takes forever on the holiday weekends.