PDA

View Full Version : Gel Coat Question

I_C_E_Y
09-07-2003, 02:47 PM
My step-brother is a dumb ass and he dicided to try to pull a hose over my parents 36' boat (big deck that is high off the ground) and doing so he used the metal end of the hose as a nice pick on the gel coat making 6 parrallel chips on the side from pulling on the hose and then pulling harder when it got stuck. Is there anyway to patch gel coat nicely that has about 1cm chips without repainting the intire side of the boat?

Phat_Kat
09-07-2003, 03:34 PM
I_C_E_Y:
My step-brother is a dumb ass and he dicided to try to pull a hose over my parents 36' boat (big deck that is high off the ground) and doing so he used the metal end of the hose as a nice pick on the gel coat making 6 parrallel chips on the side from pulling on the hose and then pulling harder when it got stuck. Is there anyway to patch gel coat nicely that has about 1cm chips without repainting the intire side of the boat? PM havasubarney, he does this stuff for a living so he can probably fix it for you. From what I've heard he can make it so perfect that you'll never know it happend.

phebus
09-07-2003, 03:42 PM
I've heard Havasu Barney is the greatest, but he's a long way from MO.

I_C_E_Y
09-07-2003, 03:53 PM
Alright I'll PM him and thanks. My Parents will be out there for the v-drive bash with maybe their v-drive and the 36' Baja. May/April is the bash I forgot?

HavasuBarney
09-10-2003, 03:44 PM
I_C_E_Y,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I'll be happy to advise as best I can. The thing that will make the process much easier is your ability to post some pics so we can see what's going on.
Patching gel can be done, the results will vary depending on where, what color and your ability.
If you have trouble posting pics here, email them and we'll help you out! :)

I_C_E_Y
09-10-2003, 08:27 PM
HavasuBarney:
I_C_E_Y,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I'll be happy to advise as best I can. The thing that will make the process much easier is your ability to post some pics so we can see what's going on.
Patching gel can be done, the results will vary depending on where, what color and your ability.
If you have trouble posting pics here, email them and we'll help you out! :) K, I'll take pictures.