PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden and boats.....my perfect combination.

Metal_King
09-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Heavy metal is my passion. I have dedicated 22 of my 32 years of life to it. It has never let me down. It makes me happy. It gives me life. Come to think of it, so do boats.
On the 25th of August, I saw Iron Maiden at Long Beach Arena. In my 18 years of concert going, it was the best visual concert I have ever seen. Pictures of Eddie were all over the place. On the Marshall stacks, on each Tom-Tom, the Bass Drum, and in the background of course.
Well, tomorrow is the release date of "Dance of Death." It marks the 13th studio release in the career of what I think is the best rock 'n' roll band in history. Yeah, I know, you Zeppelin fans are busting a gut laughing right now. Yeah, I know Zeppelin is a huge influence on Maiden; but these guys have done it consistently for 24 years now. Never selling out, Maiden stays true to the heavier side of rock 'n' roll. Zeppelin could only do it for 12 years.
Let's hope this reviewer is right on the money with his critique ( Dance of Death Review (http://www.metal-observer.com/gb/reviews/rev3426.html) ).
I will be purchasing this one at Tower tomorrow. I hope there are a few Maiden fans here. I keep wondering if I will be banging my head when I reach my 50's and 60's. I probably will.
[ September 08, 2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Metal_King ]

beached 1
09-08-2003, 08:49 PM
Saw Maiden many times. Always a great show

Just Tool'n
09-08-2003, 08:54 PM
Metal King, Keep bangin that head!
From one metal head to another!

WILDERTHANU
09-08-2003, 09:16 PM
I WAS ABLE TO ATTEND THE IRVINE AND LBC SHOW BOTH IN THE PIT. GETTING THE CHANCE TO SEE MOTÖRHEAD AND IRON MAIDEN MADE OUT TO BE TWO OF THE BEST SHOWS I'VE BEEN TO.
http://www2.bodasivrak.com:8081/Photos/Maiden/AAA018.JPG

El Chingon
09-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Hey Maiden Brother! Been following them since '81. Still listen to them all the time. Looking forward to the new album.... errrr cd. I know i'll be banging my head when i'm in my 70's. :p steve

Rod-64
09-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Up The Irons!!!!!!!!!!

HOOTER SLED-
09-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Piece of Mind. The first album(yes vinyl) I ever bought. Still dig 'em. Brings back memories.

HOSS
09-09-2003, 08:09 AM
Any metal rocks. Zepplin is done. Wish the radio stations would get the Led out and keep it out. I don`t see how Maiden was influenced by them in the least. Can`t wait for Sammy and Mike Anthony to bust out with a new plate.
At any rate Maiden was the first speed metal group. Metallica just followed.

unleashed
09-09-2003, 08:20 AM
Iron Maiden was is definitly one hell of a band. I also was big into ACDC and still have every single vinyl they put out. One of my favorite all time albums though was Deep Purple Made in Japan. That is what turned me on to the rock scene.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil

Metal_King
09-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Nice! Did not expect even one reply here. Good to see some hard rockers floating on the water. devil

Rod-64
09-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Sheet.....I'm headin' out to get the new cd in a few minutes.
I am the self-imposed #1 Maiden fan in AZ! :D

Metal_King
09-09-2003, 12:45 PM
Rod-64:
I am the self-imposed #1 Maiden fan in AZ! :D There's a record store in Kingman??

TrojanDan
09-09-2003, 12:45 PM
Metal_King:
On the 25th of August, I saw Iron Maiden at Long Beach Arena. SCREAM FOR ME LONG BEACH! Famous Bruce words from back in the day. I would have been at that concert but was off the mainland at the time. frown

Rod-64
09-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Metal_King:
Rod-64:
I am the self-imposed #1 Maiden fan in AZ! :D There's a record store in Kingman?? Yeah....This town blows sometimes but it's not THAT primitive. :D
It's called Hastings....a Southwest chain....Sells/rents DVD's Books....software ...mags....etc.
Got the new Iron Maiden for 13.99 + tax

Rod-64
09-09-2003, 02:10 PM
TrojanDan:
Metal_King:
On the 25th of August, I saw Iron Maiden at Long Beach Arena. SCREAM FOR ME LONG BEACH! Famous Bruce words from back in the day. I would have been at that concert but was off the mainland at the time. :( AHH...Live After Death....IMO Better than Rock in Rio..Better camera work without all the jumping around like RIR......The picture quality is not as good but at least you don't get motion sickness watching it. On LAD they stay on the guitarist who's soloing....for the most part....which, as a guitarist myself, I like instead of be-bopping all over the place with the camera.

Rod-64
09-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Got through 2 songs so far...decent.

wntitall
09-09-2003, 04:41 PM
aaahhhhhhh... to be 18 again!!!!!!! As a tribute, i'm queing up "Hold on to 18" by black & Blue devil devil

Rod-64
09-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Well my Maiden experience sucked......but still love 'em. Went to see them with Queensryche and Halford at the Alladin in Vegas. Their PA got held up somewhere and they had to use the house PA. Even Bruce was pissed at the sound. I can't understand why they didn't use Halford's system cuz it smoked.
Oh well....even a rock band can have a bad day at work.

CA Stu
09-09-2003, 05:29 PM
If you're feeling down depressed and lonely,
I know a place where we can go.
22 Acacia Avenue, meet a lady we all know.
While not "my perfect combination", I'm hip. Now I'm going to hide my pot and wipe off my BMX and go to bed :D :D :D :confused:
CA Stu

572Daytona
09-09-2003, 05:59 PM
I saw them at the Point East in Lynwood, Illinois on their first US tour in 1981, then again in 1982 when they were the backup band for 38 special. Here's my album collection (CDs? what are those :) )
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~daytona/Dscn0658e.jpg

Rod-64
09-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Iron Maiden on 8-track.....WOOO-HOOOOO!!! :D :D

Metal_King
09-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Rod-64:
Got through 2 songs so far...decent. Rod, I need a review. Did not have time to pick it up yesterday.
Found this on another BB:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/154355/maidensponge.jpg

mikev
09-10-2003, 09:26 AM
i remeber seeing them 4 nights in a row at long beach, all the shows were sold out it was in the mid 80's it was the Piece of Mind tour they recorded live after death at.
[ September 10, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: mikev ]

anvil
09-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Maiden.......what can I say.......(sniffle) I am getting teary eyed for feeling like I have betrayed my love. I was a dedicated fan, then a casual listener, then every now and-again guy,BUT Now I am back!
I just bought a few new maiden CDs, dug out the albums and I am home.
I had an '87 GSXR, bougt it new and had a buddy of mine paint the "Maiden Japan" cover on the fairing. Very hip. I wonder if I can still find a picture kicking around?
Anyhow, I saw them in a club with Paul DiAnno, Clive Burr and Dennis Stratton( '81- ish) Quite a show. If you are a fan, get " The Beast". Its the memoirs of Paul DiAnno including his hitch in the joint. Check it out.
Lee

jbtrailerjim
09-10-2003, 10:56 AM
You guy's don't all still have mullets and where parachute pants do you? :D

mikev
09-10-2003, 12:48 PM
never had a mullet i was always a long hair till i got it buzzed. we used to kick the posers a$$ that had mullets real metal heads had long hair.

wntitall
09-10-2003, 01:10 PM
I saw them in 83--85 at the same place as some of you,L.B.A. Please correct me if I am wromg, but I think twisted sister or Keel were the opening act? anyway, I was deaf for about three days.... absolutely awesomeshow!!!!! :D :D

mikev
09-10-2003, 02:59 PM
twisted sister and one other band opened up but i cant remeber who it was. Keel sure brings back memories i liked them allot how about WASP blind in texas that was an awsome party song.

Metal_King
09-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Good to see the band back in the charts.
It looks like some Americans still have some taste after all:
http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=7435

HOSS
09-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Keel? What happenned to Ron Keel and his try at country music?

sam pioske
09-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Hey young guys! A past drummer for iron maiden now lives in this small hick aera, and plays with a small rock band around here. Hate hard metal but that guy is awsome + Wow!!!

wntitall
09-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Hoss,
if ya wanna, you can read all about that here: Ronkeel.com

Metal_King
09-19-2003, 08:49 PM
sam pioske:
Hey young guys! A past drummer for iron maiden now lives in this small hick area, and plays with a small rock band around here.Sam, Maiden has had only two drummers to my knowledge since their first album.
The original drummer's name is Clive Burr. Apparently he has Muscular Dystrophy and the metal community has been supporting him through concerts raising money to help him out.

sandblasted
09-19-2003, 08:55 PM
This 40 year old metal head has seen them all...From Black Sabbath at Anaheim Stadium, Motorhead at the Country Club in reseda, ZZtop at the Forum, Aerosmith at the Hollywood Bowl before they broke up in the 80's...Rush and UFO at Santa Monica civic...Judas priest at the Santa Monica civic...Metallica at the Whiskey a go go before they had a record deal and Maiden at Long Beach arena and so many more.....Got to tell you the absolute best rock n' roll show I have ever seen was AC/DC with Bon Scott before he died...to me that is still the best metal band of all time...

Metal_King
09-19-2003, 09:00 PM
Oops...sorry, according to KNAC.com, he is battling Multiple Sclerosis
link (http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=225)