PDA

View Full Version : alberta camping

betty boop
07-22-2003, 07:01 AM
any of you redneck albertans know of a good spot to go camping on the long weekend where there won't be a million tourists????

Jungle Boy
07-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Depends on if you want to go to a place with hook ups or into the trees. Lots of very nice places out west of Caroline & Rocky. Prairie Creek is west of Rocky and it's nice campground. Saunders camp ground is very nice and is right on the North Sask river. It's west of Rocky about 40 miles on # 11. Lots of Quading and bikes out there. Anywhere west of Calgary will be busy with all them city homos and drunken teenagers.

canuck1
07-22-2003, 10:48 AM
BC

betty boop
07-22-2003, 01:20 PM
that is where i am originally from - and i tell ya -it will be so blasted busy there - we want somewhere where we can do some hiking, biking (taking into consideration a 4 year old) and within a couple hours of calgary!!

canuck1
07-22-2003, 06:16 PM
BC

BoatPI
07-22-2003, 06:49 PM
I just returned from Baniff and Canmore. Tourism is way down. Just pick a spot. I must have ridden every mile of the trails on a mountain bike then walked over the bike trail.
Send me a PM and i'll send a photo of the Bow Valley taken from Alpine's helicopter. The best vacation I have been on in at least 10 years. Motels are nearly 50% discounted, all vacancy signs are lit!
Enjoy.

canuck1
07-22-2003, 08:56 PM
Boat PI
I live an hour away from Banff and I have only stopped there once in the last fifteen years. My grand parents used to live in Canmore and it use to be a great place to go but its way to trendy for me anymore.
But they are absolutely beautiful places

Jungle Boy
07-23-2003, 06:16 AM
I think us Albertans have stopped appreciating the beauty of Banff & Jasper parks because of all the rude little asians running around with cameras. argue They have no respect for anyone's space. I hear that they are not traveling this year with all the SARS bullshit. Maybe it's time that I went back and enjoyed a day or two there. :D