PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Lettering Tattoos

Sandbar Mike
10-25-2002, 06:59 AM
I was watching surviver last night and asking my self why the hell do white guys or any other guy that is not of asian,Chinese or Japanese decent have the chinese lettering for tattoos? I don't get it, Does it make them look tough?
:confused:
[ October 25, 2002, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Sandbar Mike ]

HOSS
10-25-2002, 07:28 AM
How do you spell Bench Racer in Chinese?

BowTie Rick
10-25-2002, 07:30 AM
No doubt. I am always wondering what the hell they say. I dislike Chinese dragons as well. They have 4 legs plus wings which makes them insects (6 appendages)not animals. My dragon is a medieval English version: Wings up closest to head, stands on 2 rear legs (mine has one leg slashing out with a clawed foot).

Hemicide
10-25-2002, 07:36 AM
Does this mean angels are insects?

Sangster
10-25-2002, 07:54 AM
Jest the ones in Anahiem...... wink wink

snappertapper
10-25-2002, 08:02 AM
i think they are just GAY

Blown 472
10-25-2002, 08:07 AM
What?? gay angels?? :confused:

G-Ride
10-25-2002, 08:26 AM
Maybe because you've actually been there several times, and the guys at your sister company there got you all liquored up on hot saki and took you to Repongi, which we all know is like a sick Japanese version of Las Vegas on crack, and after the Philipino "hostess" bar, it seemed the only sane thing to do!! :D :D :D
But I wouldn't know anthing about that wink

JetBoatN
10-25-2002, 08:53 AM
I actually have two small Japanese letters on my arm in between two other tattoos. Their suppose to be my initials but who's to say. For all I know they could spell "Hory Cow" or "O rook, godzira"! Whatever. Moral of the story, don't get blasted and decide to get more tattoos.

Jordy
10-25-2002, 09:00 AM
When I got my tat done, and no it's not Chinese lettering, I was looking at some of the flash, and there were 4 way different Chinese symbols that supposedly meant the same thing. I don't read Chinese therefore I wouldn't have it inked on my body. For all you know there are a bunch of funny Chinamen out there drawing these things up that supposedly mean one thing, but in reality mean: "Look at me, I am a jackass for getting this tattooed on me without knowing what it means." Guess one way to find out would be to walk through Chinatown with it bared and watch the reaction from Chinese people. :D

Lightning
10-25-2002, 09:31 AM
My buddy was dating this chick who had some chinese letters (2) on her lower back.
I asked her what they stood for, she replied "peace and tranquility".
I then asked her if she got them from a Chinese tattoo artist, she said "no".
My next question was, "How do you know it doesn't say, 'Go **** Yourself'."
You should have seen the look of horror in her face, it was pretty amusing.

Blown 472
10-25-2002, 09:43 AM
Mine sez "one hung low" wink

ROZ
10-25-2002, 09:56 AM
HOSS:
How do you spell Bench Racer in Chinese?LMAO

24RODjr
10-25-2002, 11:50 AM
The guy who did my tats actually told me stories of, "friends of his" that messed with people like that. F'd up but funny...why get at tat when you don't know what it means...
-Chris

572Daytona
10-25-2002, 12:24 PM
How about this one :) hint..tilt your head to the right
http://www.alltel.net/~jthieme/sideways.jpg

Havasu Luvr
10-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Mine sez "one hung low" LMAO....Ever been to PI ?
Yeah, I'm tired of all you white boys tatooing asian/tribunal shit on your bodies. Try respecting and learning the culture before displaying. When's the last time you saw a white boy with the American Flag tatooed to his arm/chest. No, they only put a tint screen on the back window of their Ford Pick-up truck with a rope and a gun rack in live in Downtown LA. There is only one Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan, be "TRUE" to your own race and "RESPECT" other races.
Just a French/Japanese's 0.02 US Cents
SM - good subject :D 2002 schedule, Thanks giving - San Felipe BC.....Pearl Harbor Day - Havasu Parade of Lights
HL
[ October 25, 2002, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Luvr ]

NashvilleBound
10-25-2002, 02:26 PM
HL: No, Really, Tell me how you REALLY feel :D I totally agree.
Hows the sled running? Hope alls well, NB
[ October 25, 2002, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

Havasu Luvr
10-25-2002, 02:33 PM
Jeff ! !
Sleds running fine. I found a phillips driver in the boat. Is that yours??? If so we need to hook up to do that custody exchange program :D Hey, think about coming out for the parade of lights (Havasu) if things work out for you and the family (crossing fingers for you). It is Dec. 7th. Say "Hello" to your better half for Sandra.
HL
PS. I hope I didn't offend any one with my opinion (above)....Just an Asain's point of view :D :D :D
HL
[ October 25, 2002, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Luvr ]

G-Ride
10-25-2002, 03:16 PM
LMAO- WTF is "tribunal" shit? :D
What's worse "tribunal tattos" or "tribunal Boat" graphics? At least one is a form of the original art of body modification to represent clan or religious symbolisms, the other = GAY. wink
IMHO
Joe

RiverToysJas
10-25-2002, 03:47 PM
Do chicks with tats on the small of their back really like it doggy style?
That's my theory anyway...... :p
RTJas :D

CrazyHippy
10-25-2002, 10:21 PM
RiverToysJas:
RTJas :D My wife has a cute lil frog on teh small of her back, and hte damn thing stares at you..... It sits there bouncing, looking at you with a kind of " What'cha doing?" look on it's face...
Would have ruined doggy style for me, if it wasn't so much fun :D
BJH

snappertapper
10-26-2002, 05:00 AM
Well havasu luvr cant say that i have an american flag but i got a rebel flag on my shoulder!

TheRiverWorld
10-26-2002, 09:59 AM
Hip Tats...
Pin stripping for the derrière ...
Marque for the viewing party ...
Rear End Identity? Human Licence Plate?
In any case I think they are cool and you can see more of them here...
http://www.theriverworld.com/default2.asp?s=titles&l=5&p=hiptats
WaterDog

RiverForUs
10-28-2002, 11:57 PM
When I see a girl with a round tattoo on the small of her back (sun, yin/yang symbol, etc.) I ask them if it's a tattoo of a coaster --- as in a place to set my beer until I'm done.

Laveyman
10-29-2002, 06:04 AM
RiverForUs:
When I see a girl with a round tattoo on the small of her back (sun, yin/yang symbol, etc.) I ask them if it's a tattoo of a coaster --- as in a place to set my beer until I'm done.Now that's some funny chit! :D

Tee
10-29-2002, 06:28 AM
Mine is somewhat a tribal design I came up with myself. But if you look at it just right it is actually my daughters name. I have to show most people the first couple letters then they can see it. G/F has a Clover in the small of her back. Lucky me :D

johnnybgoodman
10-29-2002, 05:40 PM
:D HL,
While I completely agree with you're point of view, and realize that "The American Way" generally craps on and steals from every culture it's come upon, (yes, I have been to PI), I couldn't help but notice that you included Chuck Norris as one of the Asians. As a fellow cracker, (Floridian that is..) I feel I must point out that the man is a "whitey". As for white boys with American flags? Five years as a Corpsman in the World Finest Navy, stationed with The Second Battalion, Nineth Marines for three of those years, and hanging at the lake here in Oklahoma City, OK I've seen TONS. Still havent seen anyone with Mao Tse Tung though. (sp? no disrespect meant)
Not trying to start any crap, I really do agree with you. Just thought some things needed to be pointed out. wink
"Can't we all just get along?" :)

OC-PARTYCAT
10-30-2002, 08:16 AM
dont they all

bohica
10-30-2002, 10:29 AM
My buddy has his ex-wifes name tatooed on the back of his calf in chinese letters - he's white and she was asian. Well, now that he's divorced and remarried, he told his new wife it says "Kung Pao Chicken" his favorite dish. :D He eventually told her the truth, but lucky for him, his ex wife and new wife have the same first name.
[ October 30, 2002, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: bohica ]

Charley
10-30-2002, 02:21 PM
RiverToysJas:
RTJas :D HEY WATCH IT MY WIFE HAS ONE!

RiverToysJas
10-30-2002, 02:38 PM
Charley:
RiverToysJas:
RTJas :D HEY WATCH IT MY WIFE HAS ONE!So you can answer my question? :D J/K
Um, I meant other chicks! :rolleyes:
RTJas :D

Charley
11-02-2002, 05:20 PM
RiverToysJas:
Charley:
RiverToysJas:
RTJas :D HEY WATCH IT MY WIFE HAS ONE!So you can answer my question? :D J/K
Um, I meant other chicks! :rolleyes:
RTJas :D you should know this by now.....a wife's idea of doggy style sex is when she makes you beg for it like a dog!!!!
eek! :D eek!
well except for my wonderrful wife of course!
[ November 02, 2002, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]