PDA

View Full Version : Screwed by FORD

Banshee
08-11-2002, 05:35 PM
I’ve been looking for a new and badly needed tow vehicle. I tried to buy a new Ford F-250 XLT with an extended cab and an 8’ bed. 4X4 with a gas engine (no diesel’s). None of the local Ford dealers have one in stock, especially this late in the model year. But the dealer I went to found one for me at another out of state dealer and I negotiated a deal with them for it. I put down a deposit, signed a sales contract and even arranged financing through them. That was Monday 8/5 and I was scheduled to pick it up on Friday at 4:00. When I called them on Friday morning to confirm that everything was all set they told me that my salesman called in sick that day so I asked for the other one that assisted me and after checking with his manager he told me that they found out on Tuesday that the dealer that had the truck sold it to another customer. The thing is they didn’t even call me to tell me that it fell through. If I wouldn’t have called them I might have shown up to pick up my new truck only to find out that the joke is on me. Needless to say I’m pissed. I’ve been working on a long letter to Ford about what happened and I’ll have it ready to send on Monday morning.

Tinkerer
08-11-2002, 05:41 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me at a local ford dealer ( I now drive CHEVY ) and will probably not go back to FORD.

lambertjr
08-11-2002, 05:46 PM
Banshee, Are you pissed at Ford or at the Dealership.
My opinion,you should be a little torqued with both. The manufacturer for the lack of production and the dealer for just plain stupidity.

HammerDown
08-11-2002, 06:34 PM
Banshee, I would hold out for the NEW FORD MODEL change, Its for 2004 but will be out early next year. Diesel all the way for me. I'll be getting that new Ford F250 4x4 Crew Cab 6 foot bed Diesel when it comes out. I've got over 150.000 miles on a 7.3 Diesel Ford F250...an the things still rock solid, not a rattle or squeek. And the motor runs better than ever.
Chevy motor for my Daytona...but when it comes to a Pick-Up...its a Ford!

Dimarco Kid
08-11-2002, 06:38 PM
You couldn't hear a rattle or squeek in that truck if you wanted too with that diesel runnin! LOL I did hear a "ribit" and a "croak" come from under the hood at Anna!
D Kid

Rickster
08-11-2002, 07:58 PM
I smell a :D lawsuit...."GOT LAWYER?"

VanDeano
08-12-2002, 03:30 AM
Dimarco Kid,
You ain't kidding! :D

HammerDown
08-12-2002, 03:40 AM
Ahhh never mind.
[ August 12, 2002, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

SmartMoney
08-12-2002, 08:02 AM
HammerDown....I'm with ya! This shit goes on at all dealerships. I've been screwed by many. Ford "Diesel" the only way to go for the Rig. But give me the Chevy block for the Boat.

dallas
08-12-2002, 12:47 PM
first. you have to understand how a car dealer works. the dealer is not at fault they can not help that the dealer sold the truck. it is un fortunate for you. im sure they can find you another. if not e- mail me me i run a ford dealership in wi, i can probebly help you. dallas@merr.com

TANG-INATOR
08-12-2002, 02:41 PM
GO DIESEL ALL THE WAY!!!!! HOW ELSE CAN YOU PUT 38'S ON A TRUCK, PULL A 10,000 LBS BOAT AND STILL GET 15 MPG....NOT CHEVY....I AGREE THOUGH CHEVY MOTORS ARE GOOD FOR ALL INTENTIONAL PURPOSES....IM USUALLY A CHEVY GUY BUT CANT BEAT FORD FOR TOWING..ROBERT

Banshee
08-12-2002, 06:00 PM
Thanks for all the great comments. I’ll try to respond to some of the questions you guys raised. First I do think diesels are cool but with my mortgage and some other expenses I fell like the extra 3G’s or so for a diesel is more than I can comfortably afford. Most people have an investment portfolio- I have a debt portfolio!
I am mostly pissed at both dealerships not at Ford at all.
I don’t think that I can hold out any longer for a new truck, parts are flying off mine on an almost daily basis. And I really need a reliable tow vehicle, not to mention for everyday transportation.
No there isn't a lawsuit in the future. I’m just pissed and probably will stay that way for a while.
Dallas, yes I do believe that both dealers are at fault here. If the one that I was dealing with is truly the victim they could have at least called me to tell me the deal fell through. I will be sending you a message. Thanks for the offer to help.

blown540flattie
08-13-2002, 12:57 AM
A little info: you should be pissed at the salesman or sales department. Got to remember that some of these salesmen that they hire dont really give a S--T! They arent there for very long, because they cant sell enough vehicles or they piss to many people off. You really need to talk to the sales manager if there is a problem. They should take care of you and fix the problem. I had the same problem with mine, I got pissed and they got mine there in a week. For the extra it came out of thier pocket or (the salesmans profit) I have found that salesmen that have been there for a long time, get it done and dont screw you! I have two F350 7.3L crew cab 4x4 dullies and love them both. The diesel is the only way to go. Compare a powerstroke to a V10, the powerstroke will cost you less in the long run and last alot longer. Less maintaince, about the same fuel milage. If you cant get anything done with the sales manager I would reccomend sending a letter to ford about the dealer and sales department they do reply and might get you a better deal. Hope this helps?

TANG-INATOR
08-15-2002, 11:37 AM
BANSHEE,
I FELT THE SAME WAY AS YOU AS FAR AS HAVING THE EXTRA 3K. BUT MAN AM I GLAD I ENDED UP GOIN FOR IT!!!!IT DAMN NEAR MAKES UP FOR ITSELF...I HAD A CHEVY(350) PULLIN 36" TIRES AND IT WAS A DOGGGG!!! GOT 8 MPG EMPTY!!...THIS DIESEL GIVES ME 15 MPG TOWING OR 16 EMPTY...AND FORD'S MUST BE TOUGH, GOT INTO A WRECK A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, A SATURN DECIDED TO GO UNDER BUT WAS UNSUCCESFUL...I HARDLY FELT A THING...SATURN WAS TOTALED

Floatin'
08-15-2002, 05:09 PM
I would suggest you check out this site www.ford-diesel.com (http://www.ford-diesel.com) Go into the forum area and look under ordering information. There are a couple dealers that have great prices and reputations for taking care of web site customers. Cochise is one of them in Fontana. They may even get you a V-10
Good Luck
Ps. I think his name is bobby williams sunrise ford
[ August 15, 2002, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Floatin' ]