PDA

View Full Version : Service Contract RIPOFF!~

LHC30Victory
09-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Just got a letter back from DFS Advantage and I AM PISSED!!!!
When we bought our Fourwinns from Castaic Marine, we spent 1200$ on a "Money Back Service Contract" where we were guaranteed all of the 1200 back if we didn't use the contract. Well, we didn't need it (cause the cheap Bast#$*$ds wouldn't cover our coupler), sent in what we thought was the right paperwork and now we are DENIED the refund~ WTF?
They have several form letters (hint one that this is a racket) they sent us about them waiting the 30 days after the expiration of the contract BEFORE THEY EVEN REVIEWED IT! Low and behold, like many apparent others, we left something out. Now that the 30 days is over (they made sure of that) they will not accept any more sumissions and consider the case closed!
Anyone have dealings like this? I'm ready to file a court action (class action?) against DFS, Castaic Marine, the salesman et al for this racket.
ps sorry for the rant burningm burningm burningm burningm

missboatnam1
09-02-2003, 06:22 PM
they should honor your 1st request.....do you have anything post marked or anything like that? i would call the warrenty company, and speak to a supervisor, if they dont want to help you out, definitly sue them.......are you sure that the contract was totally refunable? our warrenties on cars, is if you use half, then cancel you get half back......good luck, just be sure to read the fine print..... frown

HOSS
09-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Good luck LHC. I wish more people would do that. Sue them. Don`t contact anymore just see a lawyer. If you contact them you will just get pissed. They count on people not sueing for the money ,"because it isn`t worth it". I was a Service Advisor and watched people get burned constantly. When its sold to you its a lie. I don`t buy them and won`t buy them. Not even on my appliances nor electronics. Manufacturer`s warranty is enough. If not then the product is shit.

LHC30Victory
09-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Yes, we sent all of the paperwork registered mail. The total refund was very clear - obviously the strong selling point - it's just that the fine print and unseen practices were hidden, perhaps by the boat saleman/dealer as well!

carbonmarine
09-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Hey,
I purchased my Sunsation from that dealership....Didnt quite like them at all....
Ruick32

carbonmarine
09-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Hey,
I purchased my Sunsation from that dealership....Didnt quite like them at all....
Ruick32