PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to give props to Jrocket

HavasuBarney
06-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Wait a second, no I didn't! :D :D
What's up Jrocket? I assume I'll be seeing you at OP6, can you through that hunk of metal in with you? wink
BTW, did you notice any difference with the holes?

Jrocket
06-07-2003, 07:19 PM
I might be down before OP6.I'll will bring it with me.The top end and cruising was ok,but it didnt want to plane very good.Just cavitated real bad.It got me through the weekend and thats what mattered to me...Once again I thank you.When I see ya Ill have Heinys and prop for ya!!! :D

HavasuBarney
06-07-2003, 07:29 PM
I wasn't worried about it. :)
I guess those holes serve their function then, when I first tried 1 inch holes I couldn't get that thing to break loose.
When it cavitated, did it rev to a point then grab or just did not grab and slowly climb on plane?

Jrocket
06-07-2003, 07:54 PM
I had to really climb on plane slowly.I could blow the prop out really bad if I put my foot in it.If I didnt back on the gas it would cav for ever.Top end and cruising seemed ok though.

Tom Brown
06-07-2003, 07:56 PM
Just lower the jackplate when you're taking off. Once on plane, you can jack it back up to your best running height. :)

Jrocket
06-07-2003, 07:57 PM
Tom Brown:
Just lower the jackplate when you're taking off. Once on plane, you can jack it back up to your best running height. :) Funny verrrrry funny Tom!! :D

HavasuBarney
06-07-2003, 08:00 PM
That's interesting...
When I'm running that prop, if I have neutral or any positive trim, it will bite and not break loose at all for me. Just a slight negative trim, and it'll break loose to about 3500rpms and jump right out of the hole.
Science of props I guess...

Jrocket
06-07-2003, 08:10 PM
I have to run all the negative trim I can to get on plane.With your prop it bites until about 2500 then starts to slip badly from there.If I dont back off and let it catch it would just keep burning it up.You have through hub exhaust and I dont is the thing here...All the difference in the world.I want to try a cleaver style prop next..but its easier to just ask somebody that has tried one instead of spending the cash I guess...