PDA

View Full Version : Help me settle a dispute with my neighbor...

dmontzsta
07-20-2003, 07:04 PM
Here is the convo, we have been arguing forever about his POS Trans Am, it doesnt even run, backfiring and bondo'd out it sits with 70k in sort of functioning order. I need some HP/TQ or 1/4 specs on this car, here is the latest convo.
He came over and said "Hey Don, guess what?...I looked in this book I have and it says I have 490hp@2400 and 510tq@1800"
I say "Yeah right, dude you have a 2bbl carb on that thing, you are pushing like 170hp, I checked online".
He said "I will bet my two cars for your car that it is"
(His other car is a BIGGER POJ 87 Camaro V6 with only 1st gear available cause the auto is busted)
Im like "It isnt that serious to me to bet my car, and besides I dont want those POS they would just sit around my house like they do yours"
He got all pissy and walked away saying "I have as much HP in two of my cylinders than you do in your whole engine 7.7 liter man, you just dont understand"

lakesmodified
07-20-2003, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dmontzsta:
Here is the convo, we have been arguing forever about his POS Trans Am, it doesnt even run, backfiring and bondo'd out it sits with 70k in sort of functioning order. I need some HP/TQ or 1/4 specs on this car, here is the latest convo.
He came over and said "Hey Don, guess what?...I looked in this book I have and it says I have 490hp@2400 and 510tq@1800"
I say "Yeah right, dude you have a 2bbl carb on that thing, you are pushing like 170hp, I checked online".
He said "I will bet my two cars for your car that it is"
(His other car is a BIGGER POJ 87 Camaro V6 with only 1st gear available cause the auto is busted)
Im like "It isnt that serious to me to bet my car, and besides I dont want those POS they would just sit around my house like they do yours"
He got all pissy and walked away saying "I have as much HP in two of my cylinders than you do in your whole engine 7.7 liter man, you just dont understand" [/QUOTE
And please explain why you're even bothering to reply to this asshole?

dmontzsta
07-20-2003, 07:11 PM
It is just VERY irritating. Everytime I am out on my car he has to come over and talk about it. I have friends over and the next thing I know he is out there smack talking them about his T/A (which has a choke that is made from electrical wire and is ran through the door for him to pull) it is really a ongoing thing and if I can print out proof and show him, maybe he will STFU.
my fault, he says it is a 77 and 1/2, but from my searches in 76 the stopped the 455, it is an auto with 2 barrel carb.
[ July 20, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: dmontzsta ]

HOSS
07-20-2003, 07:34 PM
Friend of mine had a big block 400. 4BBl. carb. If its a 455, it should have come stock with a roll bar. If not mistaken. But that was like 72. I don`t believe a TA was ever made with a 2 bbl. I remember the POS turbo 301. Sure its not a Firebird with a 301? Those came with 2 bbl. And believe it or not the motors were actually durable. Guess that was enough power for the block.
What I would do is tell him that you looked on the web and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,guess what?,,,,,,you are right. Then he will continue to brag and look like a dumbass. He`ll never learn shit. No one will ever take him seriously.

Jungle Boy
07-20-2003, 07:47 PM
Light his house on fire.

Jrocket
07-20-2003, 07:50 PM
Dont talk,just punch him right in the ****ing nose and leave it at that.Lifes to short to deal with idiots! :D

dmontzsta
07-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Jrocket:
Dont talk,just punch him right in the ****ing nose and leave it at that.Lifes to short to deal with idiots! :D hahahaha, if only it were that easy. Then he would just start talking about how crazy his family is and how they would come down to "back him up". It is kind of retarded cause my GF's side of the family is straight from the pen and my side is all nazi's and gang banger punks. But I dont go around threatening people with them.

Infomaniac
07-20-2003, 07:54 PM
Put an ad in the local sale paper for his make/model car with his phone number dirt cheap.
Make sure it says 490hp@2400 and 510tq@1800.
He will get so many calls and have to defend his numbers it will be unbelievable.

HOSS
07-20-2003, 08:01 PM
If all else fails,,,,stick a piece of cactus in his butt. wink

wsm9808
07-20-2003, 08:01 PM
I learned years ago not to argue with idiots, even after you win the agument, they are too stupid to know they lost and then come up with even stupider crap to brag about. Dont waste your time on this guy.
Sounds like you need to move to a better nieghborhood

Rexone
07-20-2003, 08:13 PM
dmontzsta:
I have friends over and the next thing I know he is out there smack talking them about his T/A (which has a choke that is made from electrical wire and is ran through the door for him to pull)That is some funny chit. And anyone takes this dude seriously? c'mon. :D :D
And I thought my manual choke cable in my car in high school was bogus... :D
If you're that worried about this dude, easy fix. Down to the local chassis dyno shop. Run er up. Lot's of HP, you pay. Not so much, he Pay, and then he stfu. :D
[ July 20, 2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

Moneypitt
07-20-2003, 08:55 PM
potato up the exhaust pipe will test the torque ability of his T/A to blow it out.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-20-2003, 09:49 PM
I've lived in my new-when-I-bought-it-home for about 8 years.
I don't know any of my neighbors because of situations like this. Been all through it in years gone by.
I couldn't tell you either of my next door neighbors names, nor people who live across the street. I don't associate with or talk to any of them.
Life is good.
[ July 20, 2003, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

goeasy8
07-20-2003, 11:13 PM
I had a 79 trans am with the 403 olds motor. It only put out 185hp. there was another model that put out I think its was like 240???? hp. I cant remember. I belive these were the same options back to 1977. There are 2 ways to tell what engine is in the car without running numbers. read the sticker on the hood scoop.
1)6.6 litre is a 403 olds distributor in the front
2)T/A 6.6 is a 400 pontiac distributor in the back
I hope this helps, otherwise just tell the crap driver to shut the hell up and go home

rrrr
07-21-2003, 06:16 AM
Boy, you guys come up with some funny ****ing advice. LMAO! :D

Essex502
07-21-2003, 08:13 AM
See the pages below:
Page 1 (http://www.iwaynet.net/~gl&lisk/kwikfact.html)
Page 2 (http://pontiac.sk/engines.php)
One of those should answer the question.

LaveyJet
07-21-2003, 09:58 AM
dmontzsta:
I looked in this book I have and it says I have 490hp@2400 and 510tq@1800"
Sounds like the specs for a diesel

07-21-2003, 10:00 AM
wsm9808:
I learned years ago not to argue with idiots, even after you win the agument, they are too stupid to know they lost and then come up with even stupider crap to brag about. Dont waste your time on this guy.
Sounds like you need to move to a better nieghborhood Don....best advise yet! Never argue with idiots. [sometimes I forget to take my own advise]
:D

ROZ
07-21-2003, 10:24 AM
HOSS:
If all else fails,,,,stick a piece of cactus in his butt. wink Not bad advise, but letting a colony of fire breathing ants loose in his house might be a little more entertaining...Especially if the nitwhit is married eek! :D

totenhosen
07-21-2003, 10:27 AM
Rexone:
If you're that worried about this dude, easy fix. Down to the local chassis dyno shop. Run er up. Lot's of HP, you pay. Not so much, he Pay, and then he stfu. D Thats the best advice right there. Put up or shut up!

mtndewdrops
07-21-2003, 09:00 PM
What is this guy...a wannabe Smokey and the Bandit? wink Burt Reynolds wears a rug. :rolleyes:

future boater
07-21-2003, 09:10 PM
why dont you and your buddies volunteer to help him tune it some time, since you've never had the chance to work on such a machine. i think realisticaly he sees you with your cool shit and he's just trying to fit in.