PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Cash Gone....

mbrown2
09-12-2003, 07:06 AM
Heard the news this morning..Sux....lets hoist one up this weekend in the honor of the Man in Black...

betty boop
09-12-2003, 07:17 AM
Johnny Cash, I still remember my parents putting on the record and that deep, deep voice he had - always thought he was such a sexy older man, what a bummer..
And John Ritter, didn't hear about it till I read it on here, another bummer, he was so good..

spectratoad
09-12-2003, 07:18 AM
One of the great ones. frown

drbones
09-12-2003, 07:22 AM
making a cd for the boat now...it will be a johnny cash weekend...

hack job
09-12-2003, 07:44 AM
very sad new! cry i jsut found out this morning. that man has been through a lot. hope his fmaily gets throught this ok his second wife died in may. its been a though year for them. frown

Reaper1
09-12-2003, 07:48 AM
Here's to Johnny! I think I'll burn one down on Sunday morning to celebrate his life. "On a Sunday morning sidewalk ........... "
wink

JetBoatRich
09-12-2003, 07:50 AM
drbones:
making a cd for the boat now...it will be a johnny cash weekend... A tribute to Johnny, sounds good.
:)

C-2
09-12-2003, 08:11 AM
Another one of the greats that I never had the opportunity to see live. Thanks Johnny for a lifetime of hits.
Maybe I should get off my ass and go see Willie at the LA fair?

mbrown2
09-12-2003, 08:19 AM
Speaking of the greats and them leaving us....earlier this week, I got tickets to go see George Jones who is coming to town for one night in October...this great probably won't be making the rounds to Cali for too many more years...saw Merle H, earlier this year in Laughling, maybe have to see Willy again sometime soon...

91nordic29
09-12-2003, 08:37 AM
they payed "a boy named sue" this morning on the radio. that had me cracking up. my sister and i, when we were really small, 5 or 6, used to know all the words and our parents would crack up at us singing it. smile_sp

mbrown2
09-12-2003, 08:49 AM
This stuff is all my parents played heading to the river when I was 7-15...so I know the greats like the back of my head....And even my favorite punk band Social D, copies cash on tunes, so I know the guy is a legend...

C-2
09-12-2003, 09:16 AM
With Cash dying (and Waylon a while back), it got me thinking about the people I truly admire, enjoy and respect in life. In addition to regular folks I hold the upmost respect for (such as soldiers, nurses, some doctors, firemen, emt’s, some cops etc.), I think musicians fall into that category as well.
REAL musicians, not some punk-ass boy band, ho-bag chick or rap group that is trying to make a quick buck, but icons like Cash, Waylon, Hank Sr., Marley, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Hendrix, John Lennon, Nowell from Sublime, hell, even Beethoven, Mozart and the like. The work these people put out continues to bring joy to literally tens of millions of people, year after year and for many years to come. Now that’s just plain bitchen. I applaud them all! I know in my life they bring me countless hours of enjoyment.
I’ve always wanted to learn to play guitar. I’m 37 now and a couple of weeks ago said f$%@$%k it, life is going by too fast, I’m buying one and I’m gonna learn to play. The wife sez “a f#$@%@in’ what?” eek! eek!
It should be here tomorrow. And unless I bleed to death from bloody fingers, I intend to learn a Johnny Cash song by the end of this weekend!

Low B
09-12-2003, 09:36 AM
If you can find it check out "I hung my head" by Johnny Cash.
The official cause of death was complications from diabetes but he really died of a broken heart from losing the love of his life June Carter Cash in May.
The man in black will be missed.

jbtrailerjim
09-12-2003, 09:54 AM
Yah, I remember when I was kid. I used to know all the word's to Johnny Cash tunes. He is my dad's favorite. I remember going on those family vacations and my dad would have his music blaring on the old 8 track and singing along to all his music.
He was a definetly a legend and he will be missed.
KROQ was playing that remake he did of the Nine Inch Nails song "Hurt". Great song

unleashed
09-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Definitly one of the true recognizable voices in the industry. Anytime you heard one of his songs you knew it was Johnny cash. I could still remember doing cross country trips with my parents in there GTO. My dad would pop the 8track of Johnny in and it felt like the music belonged with the road. Here is his last video...Very fitting.
Johnnys video (http://www.mtv.com/sitewide/videoplayer/index.jhtml?vid=20085&s0=search&adPth=/adsetup/search/&adPN=searchsitewideresults)
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil

Low B
09-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Deano- Thanks for the link. What a great and fitting last video. you can see the love he had for his wife.
Almost took me to tears.......

Jungle Boy
09-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Johnny once truely one of the last C&W icons of our generation. These new "stars" just don't do it for me. I had the pleasure of seeing him play about 12 years ago and it was damn good. He'll be missed. :confused: frown

NorCal Gameshow
09-12-2003, 04:32 PM
I remember hearing J.C. growin' up... when i go down to my pops place i'm going to have to break out the vinyl... the man in black was a classic,really one of a kind

Trailer Park Casanova
09-13-2003, 05:09 PM
When I was in Viet Nam,, the music was either Grand Funk RR, or JC.

CEO
09-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Johnny Cash will be missed, He is what real country music was all about. Trains, prisons, killing, rap music back in the 60's
CEO