PDA

View Full Version : WHAT TO BUY

HILDY
02-06-2003, 12:45 PM
I AM LOOKING AT A 22' LASER, 23' CALIBER 1 AND A 23' ULTRA ALL WITH A 496 MAG/BRAVO 1. WHICH IS THE BEST CHOICE AND WHY?

JetBoatRich
02-06-2003, 12:47 PM
You are really not sure, you started two threads over it :confused:

24RODjr
02-06-2003, 01:24 PM
KIND OF A DIVERSE PRICE RANGE THERE...OH AND LEARN HOW TO USE THE CAPS lock....CAPS=YELLING!
:D :D :D :D

Mandelon
02-06-2003, 01:52 PM
I say go with the Ultra. Someone else got a new one on this forum, "New Boat" ...what's the link???

Skaterfast
02-06-2003, 02:24 PM
I beleive it should go in this order.Generaly speaking.
1.How much do you want to spend?
2.Where are you going to boat?River,big lakes,Ocean?
3.What kind of seating are you looking for?(do you have 2 kids or 7?)
4.Depending on who you talk to,performance is a big factor.
For example if you have 4 kids and are going to be boating on lake Mead you would pick the bigger, better rough water handeling,more seating boat.I would definitely go see the manufactures and spend more than 2 hours at their facilities.Demand a test ride or 2.And last,but not least get it in writing.No fare calling him on Wednesday and saying "I want the fiberglass swim step instead".I would even go as far as holding money from him after you have ran your boat for 2 full days.

rivercrazy
02-06-2003, 02:29 PM
Out of the 3 your looking at I would choose the Laser. Essex layup and quality are very solid.
Others you might consider looking into while your at it are Shockwave and Lavey. I'm kinda partial to the Shockwave though. Their 21 Step Skier handles rough water very well and that hull is known for speed :D

1stepcloser
02-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Buy an Eliminator.
They're the best.
Beacause I said so.
:D

rivercrazy
02-06-2003, 02:45 PM
1stepcloser:
Buy an Eliminator.
They're the best.
Beacause I said so.
:D Don't you mean Checkerminator? J/K LOL! :D :D :D

rivercrazy
02-06-2003, 02:53 PM
Another recommendation I have is to take a tape measure with you and determine the actual running length of each hull, not inlcuding integrated or bolt on swim steps. That way you can compare apples to apples when you factor in pricing.
[ February 06, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

1stepcloser
02-06-2003, 03:01 PM
rivercrazy:
Don't you mean Checkerminator? J/K LOL! :D :D :D Right to the checker thing huh? I should have known, although I would have expected that from HH.
BTW, arent those checkers I see on your Shockwave in your avitar?!?
Checkers indeed.
:D :) :D

mbrown2
02-06-2003, 03:14 PM
If it was my money, and before driving, my front running choice would be the Ultra.

rivercrazy
02-06-2003, 03:18 PM
Just kidding around 1SC! Checkers are cool.
This my take on the other stuff. Running length, weight, and bottom design play an important role in the rough water handling of a boat. Shorter running lengths in general will not ride a smooth as a longer boat. Longer boats are generally heavier as well.
I also believe that some step hulls (especially those with pads) will not ride a smooth as a strait V's because the strait V can re-enter the water smoother and easier. The V cuts right in where as pad bottom and steps bottoms have more lift and cannot re-enter as easily.
I also think when comparing boats, length/price ratio is equally important.
The point being compare apples to apples....
[ February 06, 2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

bigq
02-06-2003, 03:27 PM
HILDY:
I AM LOOKING AT A 22' LASER, 23' CALIBER 1 AND A 23' ULTRA ALL WITH A 496 MAG/BRAVO 1. WHICH IS THE BEST CHOICE AND WHY? Which Caliber 23' they make two, one is lower profile with integrated swim step and the other is deeper hull, I think it's actually 22.8 long.Don't really like Laser much and I don't think you can go wrong with Ultra.

dcb 26 machman
02-06-2003, 07:16 PM
Well the ultra is the better of the 3.

andy01
02-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Buy something you like.

Kilrtoy
02-06-2003, 08:55 PM
I like speed, eek! but quality is more important. ESSEX/LASER all the way....

syke-o
02-06-2003, 11:26 PM
i am in the market for basically the same three boats and i am leaning towards the laser for a couple reasons... the full integrated swim step in the rear, the fact its made by essex, and the price is right... i will be at the boat show looking at laser very closely as my next purchase... with the 496 package it ran 67mph in the last hot boat mag test..... a couple of issues ago it had the 350mag in it and ran 60mph... does anyone on this board own a laser????

Slick
02-07-2003, 07:35 AM
Maybe Whipped Caliber will chime in here. He has a 23' Caliber1 that is fast as hell. Great Condition. I think he's selling it.

jet4fun
02-07-2003, 08:39 AM
just before i bought my boat used a couple of years ago i almost bought a laser. my reasoning back then was 99% price, i was stretching myself out as it was just to get the boat and when i first saw it at the long beach boat show in 2000 they had some of the first boats ever made, the sticker with a stock jet was $26,900, now the price has jumped way up somewhere between 33-35,000. the salesman was a way cool guy, the way he explained it to me was that essex didnt own the company but was "helping out" and the idea behind laser was to produce a boat in competition with the lightnings by ultra. of course now they are almost the same price as an ultra. and knowing what i know now i would rather own an ultra. by the way if im not mistaken essex isnt making the boats. they are gelled, laid up and rigged all in their own building down the street, but they do send the boats over to essex to get the interiors built.

aspen135
02-07-2003, 08:41 AM
Hildy,
well definetly take a measuring tape with you to compare apples to apples. One thing though have you checked out Genesis Boats. I have an order in for one but I'm still going to the L.A. Boat show to check out there new 22Outlaw. It compares to aftershock's/essex 22 and Ultra's 23xs. actually the people who put them together used to paint all of essex's boats for like 7yrs and did Ultra's for like 2yrs more or less. there rigger worked at Eliminator for 10yrs so they definetly know how to put a boat together the right way. for the pricing your pay other places you could get a bigger boat same if not better quality. you should go check them out at the show. just my .02 cents but there worth it.

Lendon Smith
02-07-2003, 09:25 AM
News flash,
The Genisis boats are laid up at Ultra in El Cajon. They use a 23XS mold for the 22 outlaw with a modification for the V-Drive.When I was at Ultra looking at my boat they had several Genisus boats there, and i saw the mold.
It is a group of brothers that do just about all the Gell in the whole industry. The Cassilas brothers. (spelling?)
Now with the Essex boats, true they are seperate from Essex, but like a Chevy is seperate from a GMC. Smae brothers own both companys.
The Laser boat line do not use the same layup as the Essex boats. They use a cheaper grade of materials.
bundy

Lendon Smith
02-07-2003, 09:32 AM
I shooped caliber also. Had no issues with quality. but there business practices scared me. have heard alot of horror stories. Plus they were really pushy about the financing aspect.
They tried to steer me into getting a second on my house instead of offering a good loan. Someone else warned me not to do it this way because they just wanted all the money up front.
They said when you finance they have to build your boat in a hurry to get the $$$.
Dont know about you guys but i will give a down payment of 10%, but they arent getting the rest until the boat has been delievered.
bundy

aspen135
02-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Lendon Smith,
Actually Genesis Boats are laid up started and finished in Fontana. They where down in El Cajon because they built all of Ultra's stuff but since they started there own line they decided to move to Fontana away from Ultra. as for the 23xs mold they do have that boat in a V-drive but they also have it in an I/O. thats what i'm getting. Ultra sold Genesis Boats a copy of there mold(23xs) who's center line is actually 21.8 thats why i said bring your tape measures and see what your really buying. All of Ultra's stuff was being built by Genesis Boats, Ultra has there name on the building but if you go there you see the owner of the shop is Genesis Old partner Next Generation something..... jawdrop

rivercrazy
02-07-2003, 09:59 AM
Interesting how one calls the boat a 22 and the other a 23.... I heard the boat is 21' 8" long and was originally an Eliminator 22 Extreme than was the DCB 22 Extreme then the molds were sold to Ultra.

aspen135
02-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Ya, your right, the boat was built origanelly by Brent Leach from Eliminator and he sold it as a 22 and thats why the guys at Genesis Say it's a 22 and thats how they are carrying it like that.

Whipped Caliber
02-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Maybe Whipped Caliber will chime in here. He has a 23' Caliber1 that is fast as hell. Great Condition. I think he's selling it. He's right the boat is up for sale!
Not listed right now but send me a PM and we can talk. :rolleyes:
I'm building a new boat and yes it is a Caliber 1
As slick said it is a fast boat! in the 90'es The boat has a lot in it you need to see it. eek!

Whipped Caliber
02-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Here's a pic.
http://www.speedcraving.com/dynda/jim/op6v/images/whippedcaliber.jpg

Lendon Smith
02-07-2003, 02:36 PM
Riverdave,
I agree totally!
I could have gotten a "CHEAPER" price somewhere else, but then I started thinking like you and instaed wanted a good "VALUE" for my money!
And yes even though the Ultra may not be a true 23, it doesnt show it. I looked at all the 23 boats, and the only one which had alot more room was the ESSEX Monarch! But it was ALOT more $$$$$. Looked at the Eliminator Eagle`s 22 and 23. They were ALOT more money and for what? The name? I dont know why they got rid of the molds that the 23XS is made from, but I like it better than the Elim 230 Eagle regardless of price! jawdrop
bundy

aspen135
02-07-2003, 03:21 PM
RiverDave,
Have to give that resale is everything. Lets take a look at how Ultra's are built. they use galvi. screws to hold down there floors, marine grade resin after the first skin of vinyle ester resin.they are all made out of house (how or who had the quality control there) and rigg dept is owned by someone else. At Genesis they use stainless steel screws for the flooring, 100% vinyle ester resin in every layup of fiberglass and everything from start to finish is done in house. Resale value is based on quality and when people start to figure out what there boat is made out of then we will see who's boat holds higher resale value. As for seeing all the 23' on the market, I'm sure you did not take a look at the 23Outlaw. It's bigger than anyone's out there and _$$$$_ it is reasonable not cheap but you dont get rapped for what you buy. Genesis4life

aspen135
02-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Ok, you've got me there the 23Outlaw is a 25.1 centerline, thats why it's one of the biggest 23's around.
as far as pop-up mfg the guy's building my boat have been building other people's boat for a long while and they are working on building a good rep. so from the work I've seen, I'm sure they are going to be around a long time.

rivercrazy
02-07-2003, 04:21 PM
You know Aspen, you might even do better than other mfgs on that boat. If all of what you say is true and they run the business lean and tight, they, over time they should be able to increase their prices. That will help your resale value if you bought well...

bear down
02-07-2003, 05:02 PM
I agree with RD on the Genesis. I went with the Eliminator 220 Eagle for 3 reason, Dan Alberts (my sales guys he is awesome), the re-sale of the boat and workmanship of the boat inside and out. Looking at the NADA guide in comparison with all other 21' 22' 23' boats, I found out that Eliminator "Overall" was the better deal. I live about 2 miles from Genesis and they have a nice operation, two things raised my brow, One is that they do the gel work and interior and almost positive the molds for Force and Eclipse boats as well as their own boat. The 23' Outlaw is a great looking boat (except for the windshield) and very large in size and their customer service was excellent and willing to take me on a test drive immediately which was nice. But I just did not feel comfortable with a boat manufacturer that did so much work on other boat besides there. Personally I am willing to pay a bit more for for the Name (and what stands behind it) which the price for my 220 Eagle was not off the price of the Genesis with the 496 mag. package. Good luck, I know it's a long process and very time consuming, just go with your gut feeling.

syke-o
02-07-2003, 07:28 PM
so it looks like the only people saying anything good about laser are people from the magazine... i feel like i am back at the drawing board in my search for a reasonably priced new boat... i have roughly 40k to spend and want something in the 21-23 range with at least a 350 mag... the laser fit those qualifications, but it looks like no one has anything positive to say about them :confused: :confused:

Froggystyle
02-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Drop another 10K or so in the pot and I know where you can get a really fast and pimp Ultra 21....
21XS also for sale.

bordsmnj
02-07-2003, 08:04 PM
ok,just got back with my popcorn.Ever hear of west coast tooling? how about aftershock? Do your self a favor and go to their factory in riverside.
I saved about ten thousand dollars in diong so and got a little bigger than the 350 mag.They moved mountains to get us financed. Aftershock is a new company but you can already see by the 2 that are in the boat trader and by looking at how there building them that they are going to be a force to be reconned with in the future. Second choice woulda been caliber 1.On the other hand part of the large savings was do to the fact that we were quoted a price a good month before the boat show. now is still cheaper than later. but ten grand? the staff there is great to. real down to earth.
[ February 07, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: bordsmnj ]

01RENEGADE
02-07-2003, 08:04 PM
I was looking at Laser a couple years ago and had a down payment on one.But I needed to sell some wave runners before I started production on my 22 laser really a 21 anyhow by the time my wave runners sold Laser had raised the price 2000.00 dollars and I thought that was bad business.So I asked for my money back.I saw a add in the boat trader for Renegade boats stopped by to take a look and Ron gave me a great deal on one of his 21 skiers and I have been happy .It is my first boat and they have been very good to me. I wanted a custom boat and I had a budget to work with and this is what I could afford at the time.Im not trying to push the co on anyone but I didnt have the money for one of the big name companys boats allthough the big co do make good boats how much better im not sure.If you have 40,000.00 you might want to check them out. As far as resale if you dont spend alot up front for a major name I dont think your out that much because of up front cost my 21 was 30,000.00 out the door 350/merc good luck

syke-o
02-07-2003, 09:17 PM
yah i went and talked to Ron a couple weeks ago. He is a real nice guy and the 21' with the 350 mag is around 35k now. He didn't pressure me and answered all my dumb questions. They are still one of my considerations.

rivercrazy
02-07-2003, 09:58 PM
The bottom line here is to do your research and purchase the boat the best fits your needs and pocketbook.
BUT you get what you pay for...........Very Very rarely do you get a lot for very little....
Paying for quality is very very rarely a bad proposition and usually saves you money down the road
[ February 07, 2003, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

jet4fun
02-08-2003, 09:19 AM
aspen135:
RiverDave,
Have to give that resale is everything. Lets take a look at how Ultra's are built. they use galvi. screws to hold down there floors, marine grade resin after the first skin of vinyle ester resin.they are all made out of house (how or who had the quality control there) and rigg dept is owned by someone else. At Genesis they use stainless steel screws for the flooring, 100% vinyle ester resin in every layup of fiberglass and everything from start to finish is done in house. Resale value is based on quality and when people start to figure out what there boat is made out of then we will see who's boat holds higher resale value. As for seeing all the 23' on the market, I'm sure you did not take a look at the 23Outlaw. It's bigger than anyone's out there and _$$$$_ it is reasonable not cheap but you dont get rapped for what you buy. Genesis4life wait a minute, ultras arent laid up in house anymore? and they arent rigged there anymore? since when? i'm a little confused here...
are you referring to west coast ultra in san fernando? because i know that they(or at least used to)receive bare hulls from ultra in el cajon and then do all the rest at their shop......or are you referring to cobra in montclair because i'm sure some people still call that place ultra...
or am i a little out of the loop here, last i knew ultra had some of the best quality layup and rigging out there. aspen is making it sound like a bunch of kindergarteners are making the boats at craft time.
and if they dont do the layup or rigging in house then what do they do? that pretty much covers all the bases. if thats just the case then all they are now is a boat dealership...
someone please clarify

master13
02-08-2003, 11:11 AM
you should look into AfterShock.

aspen135
02-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Robert,
I only stated what I had seen and the differences between the boats I looked at. I've been looking for my boat for close to two yrs and I liked what Genesis has to offer. Ultra's doing something right if Hot Boat keeps awarding them the best quality boat year in and out. I just like what they are doing at Genesis more. My salesman is Rudy at Genesis and he stated they built the bare hulls for them so if anything they are working on keeping the same quality or better.All you need to do is look how the boats are being built and you will see why I went with Genesis. As far as Bear Down if Powerboat and Hot Boat keep giving Force Offshore good right up's on there construction of the hull's then the guys at Genesis really know what they are doing and that also factured into my decision.

ULTRA28
02-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Aspen135, I find it interesting that your only contributions to this board since the day you registered have been spam for Genesis. I'm not even going to dignify the B.S. that you've been spreading about my company by responding to any of your claims. I would however, like to point out the fact that your screen name is the same as Rudy Cassillas' (one of the owners of Genesis) e-mail address. Also, in one of your earlier posts (not in this thread) you stated that you have a 23 Outlaw on order, now you say you have a 22 Outlaw, which is it? In another post about a Force, you say your "buddies bro" painted it. Rudy's (your) brother Joel shot that boat. It is funny how an upstart company that has no track record feels the only way to sell there boats is to talk trash about another companies product. I, on the other hand like to let the consumer see for themselves. I have the two Genesis boats featured in the most recent waterski magazine in my showroom right now. I aquired them at a rather good deal for some debt that Genesis owed. If anybody would like to see Genesis' two 'star' boats, please stop by our showroom and judge for yourself which company builds a top notch product and which comany doesn't.
Thank you
John West (not hiding behind a fake screen name)
619-443-1100

syke-o
02-08-2003, 05:44 PM
ULTRA28:
Aspen135, I find it interesting that your only contributions to this board since the day you registered have been spam for Genesis. I'm not even going to dignify the B.S. that you've been spreading about my company by responding to any of your claims. I would however, like to point out the fact that your screen name is the same as Rudy Cassillas' (one of the owners of Genesis) e-mail address. Also, in one of your earlier posts (not in this thread) you stated that you have a 23 Outlaw on order, now you say you have a 22 Outlaw, which is it? In another post about a Force, you say your "buddies bro" painted it. Rudy's (your) brother Joel shot that boat. It is funny how an upstart company that has no track record feels the only way to sell there boats is to talk trash about another companies product. I, on the other hand like to let the consumer see for themselves. I have the two Genesis boats featured in the most recent waterski magazine in my showroom right now. I aquired them at a rather good deal for some debt that Genesis owed. If anybody would like to see Genesis' two 'star' boats, please stop by our showroom and judge for yourself which company builds a top notch product and which comany doesn't.
Thank you
John West (not hiding behind a fake screen name)
619-443-1100 Wow thats keepin it real... I will definitely be checkin the ultra booth for at the boat show as well to see what they can do for me on a 21' stealth

Mandelon
02-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Glad to see John is connected to what's going on here. That puts him one up (at least) on any of the other manufacturers. I've never seen a post up here from any other owners. Remember that Carrera thread????
As far as manufacturing goes I'm not the expert many of you other ***boaters are, but being in construction, I know quality when I see it. Ultras have it. I've been to Ultra and dealt with John and he sure seems like a straight shooter to me.
My next boat.........is going to be an Ultra, probably the 23.

bordsmnj
02-08-2003, 08:25 PM
wow! that genisis guy sure got his covers pulled off. i wonder if there are anymore like that in this thread???......Well?? jawdrop

jet4fun
02-08-2003, 11:43 PM
right on john.
looks like that answers my previous confusions.
by the way, are you personally going to be at the LA boat show? a good friend of mine is very interested in a 21' jet. he already called you a couple of weeks ago and had some info mailed to him. he is in nor-cal. he wants to try and make it to the LA show, and wants to know if you are gong to be there. he wants to very possibly make a deal.

francisco joel casillas
02-09-2003, 10:35 AM
Hello everyone my name is Joel. After getting a phone call from John on Fri. I thought would read what this person (Aspen) had posted. I figured since it made John use some colorful words on my phone it had to be good. And yes I am working on sunday. Remember the LA show is upon us. Anyway, I did find out who Aspen is and ok I did ask him to stop saying "why" he bought my boat. As for the boats in Ultra's showroom they were given to my ex-partner in our split. Go look at them, and see how they are put together. We used the same gelcoaters, laminators,fiberglass suplier, upholstery shop and even the same great trailers "extreme". They are ok for being the first. As for the green one John you know that was a prototype is not intended to be sold as a boat thats why it wasn't given a MSO. If anyone is interested, go look. If I was spending my money I would shop. I don't know; I'm crazy that way. One more thing John don't call my shop and yell at my employees, stay on the phone and talk to me everyone who knows me know I would gladly sit and listen. I don't play those stupid games I've been in the boat business to long (20yrs) and no I don't include being a boater I meen building. So I'll check what everyone has to say Monday but for a personal answer see you at the show. ...
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!
argue argue :rolleyes: :cool:

roln 20s
02-09-2003, 11:27 AM
First off, Glad that the truth has come out about Aspen. John, I always have respected your opinions and posts on these forums. Francisco Joel- glad you are on boards. Welcome! You wanted responses to your post, here is one: its not to professional to come on here and tell John to stop yelling at your employees. That should be over the phone, but I like the rest of your post.
Anyways, back to the topic of this thread.
Ultra makes a great boat. The 23 is a proven hull with proven performance at a great price. Never seen a bad gel coat either.
Caliber's 23 appears (john may verify this) that it is Ultra's old 23. Which, either way, I think is a very good looking boat, just not sure of build-up, quality, etc...Haven't researched them much.
And finally, you have Vision. I think the vision is a really good boat for your money, however I would spend the extra $$$ and buy the Essex. Never heard anything bad about Essex, and when I went to their facility, everyone and everything was top notch.
My final list- provided the boats you mentioned:
Ultra
Vision
Caliber
If you throw down a couple extra G's: my choice is-
Froggy's Boat
Essex
Ultra
Vision
Caliber
Hope this helps. Good luck.
Roln 20s

A.SNEED
02-09-2003, 11:47 AM
intresting so your saying a force is a genesis

francisco joel casillas
02-09-2003, 01:28 PM
No Force is a company I build the barehull for and very proudly so. After I get done with the fiberglass Force does the rest and the finished product is a bad ass machine.
As for the Ultras, I think you are right roln 20s they build a very beautiful soild boat. As for the contrversy, its starting to read like a soap. But I can asure you no one here has ever bad mouthed any other boat co. That is a realy bad way to do business and tends to leave a bad taste in the customers mouth. Look, Aspen is a customer and he loves his boat. As far as the telephone thing...Hey I'm a Hardworking, blue collar, no BS kinda guy.
In my opinion:
Who ever buys the Ultra
Who ever buys the Eliminator
Who ever buys the Essex
Who ever buys the Genesis
Made the best choice, remember its now their boat and I hope they have years of fun with it.
Granted I hope they choose mine but if they don't then it's still all good... right.
:cool:
Any way I'll be checking the boards from time to time and if anyone has problems I help with I will try to do so
LATE!

waterndog
02-10-2003, 10:01 AM
Whipped Caliber:
Here's a pic.
http://www.speedcraving.com/dynda/jim/op6v/images/whippedcaliber.jpg You should check out WC boat. This is definite sleeper you would never think this boat is as fast as it is..and very well taken care of.

Jordy
02-10-2003, 10:07 AM
WC's boat definately has some get up and go to it... I think their still maybe grip marks in the glass behind the driver seat from a ride we took a while back. (just kidding about that grip marks) but that thing is bad ass. :D

bigq
02-10-2003, 10:47 AM
Whipped Caliber:
Here's a pic.
http://www.speedcraving.com/dynda/jim/op6v/images/whippedcaliber.jpg I like this one. I've seen these at the Caliber shop nice and roomy. Nice boat Whipped! :D

BEARDOWN2
02-10-2003, 01:08 PM
You know its kinda funny the rivalry between boat owners. Obviously everyone is going to be partial to thier boat manufactures. However if I must say, 2yrs ago I was about to order a Laser Boat, and had put down a deposit. I also had a situation with the price going up, and pulled out of the deal. However just know that the boat won't have the same resale as an Essex, and won't be the exact same quality either. Essex has been around for many years, and is a little more expenseive due to quality and craftsmanship. Laser is a "value boat" and is a great starter boat. My family has a whole array of boats, we have Essex, Force, Lavey, and Eliminator. All awsome boats, with great performance and quality. As for the coment earlier by Bear Down, I don't believe he was knocking Genesis, because his brother in-law has a Force, and absolutely loves it. I think he was merely pointing out the that genisis may be new as a manufacture uner thier own name rather than producing boats for other manufactures. Does that make sense?
When it comes to buying a boat, I don't think you should worry too much about what everyone thinks, you should just be looking at what is best for your family, and your pocket book. As far as resale goes, how long do you plan on keeping your boat? Because if you don't plan to sell it, what does it matter anyways?
I wish you luck in discovering the perfect boat for yourself. I believe that of the 3 boats your looking at, you need to test drive them, sit in them, and go for whichever one makes your hair stand up in excitement! :)