PDA

View Full Version : Make-A-Wish Foundation, please look!

al cole'holic
05-20-2003, 02:40 PM
Thought this would be a killer place to help me out on this one. Please read the letter I received from AVN asking me to help this come true for a little dude, and hopefully yous can do me a solid:
May 5, 2003
Lyndon Distributors Limited
15756 Arminta St
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Chris Garvin,
Recently the Make-A-Wish Foundation asked me to participate in helping out a seven year old boy who was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor. His name is Craig and his wish is to have an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest collection of business cards for an individual. This is more difficult than it appears, as he is only allowed ONE card from each company.
I ask that you please take a moment to drop a card in the mail to Craig to assist him in accomplishing his dream. Should you know of anyone else who might be willing to participate, feel free to pass this information along. I sincerely thank you.
Darren B. R.....
AVN Publications Inc.
Please send to:
Craig Sheppard
C/O Make-A-Wish Foundation
30 Perimeter Center East
Atlanta, GA 30346

Nasty1
05-20-2003, 02:46 PM
I'm on it... puttin mine in the mail right now.
Two businesses = 2 different cards.
That is the dumbest wish I ever heard of though.
I would wish to be live on the set of Hot Lezbo Acts II, or instead of collecting the most business cards, he should of asked for used panties. LOL
[ May 20, 2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Nasty1 ]

hot_diggity_dog
05-20-2003, 02:55 PM
Urban legends (http://urbanlegends.about.com/sitesearch.htm?terms=business%20cards&SUName=urbanlegends&TopNode=3042&type=1)
HDD :cool:
[ May 20, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

Holland
05-20-2003, 03:11 PM
Nice find HD Dog!!!!! how the hell did you know to go there, has this been presented to you before??? too funny!

Catmando
05-20-2003, 03:18 PM
Don't y'all think the poor guy has enough cards?? jawdrop I won't be sending him one myself.

Ziggy
05-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Gotten that letter at my biz a dozen times...at least. One card went out with the first letter recieved like 5 years ago.
That one and the Nigerian billion dollar help me launder my money campaign. :rolleyes:

25 Eagle
05-20-2003, 03:27 PM
I'm in!

25 Eagle
05-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Now I'm out

DickDanger
05-20-2003, 03:39 PM
No offense Al, but I smell a scam here. Sounds to me like the business cards will end up in the hands of many marketing jerkoffs to send you all kinds of shit in the mail. -DD Out

al cole'holic
05-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Nice Find!! Futher Mucking Bon of a Sitches....gonna call this **** in the morning. Do me a favor and pull this thread ASAP moderators!!

GBLASER
05-21-2003, 06:31 AM
The Make a Wish foundation of Atlanta and Georgia is located in Marrieta Georgia. This sounds like one of the lowest piece of shit scams that I have ever heard of. If I were you I would contact the local Make a Wish foundation and give them the information that was sent to you so we all will know if this is legit or not.
This hits home because, unfortunately, I have used the foundation for a wish for my son. I have only praise for them and my only regret is that I cannot give all of my money and time to them. So if someone is using them for some scam they should be reported immediately.

Skullinator
05-21-2003, 07:39 PM
I think it's funny you guys fell for this. He was on many tv shows in the early 90's. jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop