PDA

View Full Version : Suicide...........

Kachina26
03-19-2006, 05:51 PM
No, I'm not leaving HB. But doesn't anybody jump off bridges or hang themselves anymore? I've only made 2 round trips from LA to Barstow, and both trips I've had to wait for the coroner to scrape some foking loser off of the tracks! Not to mention the shit they put the poor crew through having to see that shit. Talk about being inconsiderate. Rant off, I'm out for round 3 :D

slink
03-19-2006, 05:53 PM
No, I'm not leaving HB. But doesn't anybody jump off bridges or hang themselves anymore? I've only made 2 round trips from LA to Barstow, and both trips I've had to wait for the coroner to scrape some foking loser off of the tracks! Not to mention the shit they put the poor crew through having to see that shit. Talk about being inconsiderate. Rant off, I'm out for round 3 :D
We just had one (hit by train) in Corona last week. Found the box car w/ "evidence" in Barstow. Don't know if it was suicide or just a misplaced "Jump" from car to car, ugly either way.

ahhell
03-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Ahhhhhh...the joy's of being on the rails....let the coyotes lick them up
So Randy, where's home???

dragboat
03-19-2006, 06:18 PM
A good friend of mine sat down in front of a train several years ago, the dumb ass. There is no answer.

Kachina26
03-20-2006, 03:44 AM
We just had one (hit by train) in Corona last week. Found the box car w/ "evidence" in Barstow. Don't know if it was suicide or just a misplaced "Jump" from car to car, ugly either way.That's the first one I got stuck behind. I had heard that the guy that hit him was unaware. Wasn't sure if someone fell off or jumped under.

Kachina26
03-20-2006, 03:45 AM
Ahhhhhh...the joy's of being on the rails....let the coyotes lick them up
So Randy, where's home???
for the next 2 weeks it's on a train or in a hotel in La or Barstow.

Tom Brown
03-20-2006, 07:35 AM
People just don't put the effort into suicide anymore. :(

Jbb
03-20-2006, 09:00 AM
People just don't put the effort into suicide anymore. :(
Teddy sniffin glue...he was twelve years old..... :p

boatsnblondes
03-20-2006, 09:05 AM
KAchina, welcome to the Rails....you got your cherry early I see..some guys wait years for that...get used to it....it happens all the time. Be careful out there, watch your back, LEARN all you can from the oldheads, and keep your mouth shut, and you should do fine. And remember, it's the things you CAN'T hear that will kill you out there....develope a sixth sense about things that go bump and you should do fine......we should get together some time a talk trains.....I've been a hoghead with UP for about 17 years..enjoy, it will get old soon.... :rollside: mean while, I roll in these bad boys.....
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12200&stc=1

RiverToysJas
03-20-2006, 10:26 AM
18yo Miss Deaf Texas was killed last week. She was walking to meet her Mother......she was walking on the rr tracks while text messaging on her phone!!! Deaf to all sounds, and walking on the RR tracks! It wasn't suicide, but not too smart. The train that hit her came up from behind, and was on the horn and brakes when it hit her. Here's the whole story.... (http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/03/15/miss.deaf.texas/)
RTJas

tamalewagon
03-20-2006, 10:36 AM
KAchina, welcome to the Rails....you got your cherry early I see..some guys wait years for that...get used to it....it happens all the time. Be careful out there, watch your back, LEARN all you can from the oldheads, and keep your mouth shut, and you should do fine. And remember, it's the things you CAN'T hear that will kill you out there....develope a sixth sense about things that go bump and you should do fine......we should get together some time a talk trains.....I've been a hoghead with UP for about 17 years..enjoy, it will get old soon.... :rollside: mean while, I roll in these bad boys.....
Very nice! Another track lover here...same with my son. It's an unusual day if I can get him out of the train museum before a 2 hour time window. Not to mention the countless train video's I've bought him. And yes of course the Lionel sets he (we) have. Yeeha. Too bad my wife will only let us take those out at Christmas! He near had a tizzy when I took him on the real train from SD to Solana Beach and back. It's great to see the look on his face!

Miss Managed Assets
03-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey B N B, where do you work out of? Have friends and family in the RR.

boatsnblondes
03-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Mis M. I work the LA Socal area....Rio, thats the BNSF on the 40....but trainsitting got old a long time ago...I bring a little portable DVD palyer now and watch the new Harry Potter flick.....also am an avid book reader....get lots of time to do it...

Brooski
03-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Not to be a SA, but where are there locomotives that look like that? Most are mismatched, covered in soot and dirt, and look like they never get washed. At least the ones that run the coast line thru here.

MudPumper
03-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Sure they do, we had a guy jump off the 6 floor balcony of a Hotel the other week. Too bad he was in handcuffs when he did it. He really didn't want to go to jail I guess. Said something about, "Tell my family I love them," and did a Peter Pan right over the railing. Crazy shit I tell you. He almost landed on an officer down below who was picking up the drugs he had thrown off the balcony a few minutes before.

Kachina26
03-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Must be nice to just sit on your behind, take a nap, and get the big bucks for it! LOL
Rio
I thought that's what cops did :confused: J/K you would think that it's nice, but from my big 3 round trips, It seems to blow. I still like the job though.
tamalewagon, ever heard of a foamer? I'm already part of some foamer's collection :rolleyes:
I don't get it, but more power to ya!

boatsnblondes
03-21-2006, 08:07 AM
Sorry Ken, it will always blow..and when the heat hits this summer in Barstow, and you have to throw out 5 BO's and dig them out before you can depart, you'll know what I mean...you ain't seen nothing yet bro...I worked LA to Yermo for 11 years, hated every trip...but the first time you take a breath of 130 degree heat...wow, you never forget that....
Brooski...the reason that you see brand new power on this train and not up the coast is that this is a premium train, a hotshot. Plus, it's an APL train, UP's biggest customer, so these trains always come with good power. Don't hold you breath up there for good power...the trains you see up there are manifest trains, and UP could care less about them...whatever power they can dig out of the roundhouse, takes the train. All the good NB stuff heads up the inland route via Bakersfield and Fresno, then on North....you'll never see that unless something weird happens.....

Burn Out
03-21-2006, 02:51 PM
This is my 6th week of conductor training, and 2nd day doing the pool run. Less than 200 miles. On the train today was a new engine UP 5253, 1 month old! Pulling the hotshot load, double stacked, 1st time riding along doing 70mph!
From Clinton, IA to Boone, IA. Bad snow storm in Nebraska, so gonna slow/stop traffic for a day.
Most people get ran over here, since they know cops won't shoot them anymore, so they run in front of a train instead. Had a guy a month before I started, park his mustang on the tracks and walk away.......he was drunk!
:cool:

Kachina26
03-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Sorry Ken, it will always blow..and when the heat hits this summer in Barstow, and you have to throw out 5 BO's and dig them out before you can depart, you'll know what I mean...you ain't seen nothing yet bro...I worked LA to Yermo for 11 years, hated every trip...but the first time you take a breath of 130 degree heat...wow, you never forget that....
Brooski...the reason that you see brand new power on this train and not up the coast is that this is a premium train, a hotshot. Plus, it's an APL train, UP's biggest customer, so these trains always come with good power. Don't hold you breath up there for good power...the trains you see up there are manifest trains, and UP could care less about them...whatever power they can dig out of the roundhouse, takes the train. All the good NB stuff heads up the inland route via Bakersfield and Fresno, then on North....you'll never see that unless something weird happens.....
Kachina Ken is Ken, I'm Randy. ;) Barstow is gonna be my home for awhile, the only Bad orders I'm worried about settin' out are the stinky ones :D People ask me what I think about the job so far and all I can tell them is the weather has been way too nice to give them a good answer :D Do you run to Barstow often?

Wake Havasu
03-21-2006, 10:49 PM
You guys drive trains?
How cool is that!
How did ou get into that line of work?