PDA

View Full Version : No pets policy in my building ...

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 09:12 PM
somebody oughta break it to the mouse that has been co-habitating with me for some time now. He's cute and all but he ain't helping me pay rent. Yeah of course I told the building manager- they gave me a sticky trap ... ever hear a mouse laugh? Told them again and I guess they're gonna send some pest control guy in next week. That little bastard is bold too! He comes out to play in plain sight right in the middle of my living room while I'm on-line!!! I tell ya I really wish I'd learned to use a slingshot. :mad: He isn't getting into any food or garbage and I ain't been feeding the little creep so no droppings but decidedly having a roomate cramps my style. I itch just knowing the little beast is in here. yuk It's like if someone mentions a kid you recently visited with has head lice ... ha ha dare you not to scratch your head even just reading the words 'head lice'! :D So if anyone has any ideas for how I can quick evict my squatting rodent roommate- do tell! Pest control is coming next week? Uh huh check's in the mail too I suppose. :rolleyes:

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Oh but see if I capture him and put him in a cage I could be evicted for having a pet. There really is a no pets policy in this building. I'd have no way to prove he wasn't caged all along. :mad: I'd like to trap the lil ****er in a plastic bag and drop a telephone book on him- that's what I'd really like. idea Oh okay :o I want someone else to drop the book on it while I'm far away from the splat?/squish? :confused: noise. :rolleyes:

Rexone
09-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Put a couple raisins right in the middle of the glue board. Mice and rats love raisins. Just a tip from a guy who trapped about 70 rats in his attic before the roof got sealed off. Rat free for 3 years and counting now... :D
I got a couple record holders that I think weighed more than my smaller dog.
[ September 28, 2003, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

Kindsvater Flat
09-28-2003, 09:44 PM
The only way a sticky trap will work is with a cheezit and a dab of peanut butter. Thats the only thing that has worked for me.

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 09:55 PM
Rexone:
Put a couple raisins right in the middle of the glue board. Mice and rats love raisins. Just a tip from a guy who trapped about 70 rats in his attic before the roof got sealed off. Rat free for 3 years and counting now... :D Buying some raisins. Thanks Mike :D
RiverDave:
FMluvswaterbabe:
I'd like to trap the lil ****er in a plastic bag and drop a telephone book on him ... I want someone else to drop the book on it while I'm far away from the splat?/squish? :confused: noise. :rolleyes: Not that I'd know, but I would think it'd be more of a thump, with a slight "crack" noise.. Not sure a telephone book would to the job actually.. ???
RD Well the security guard in my building said it worked when he tried it where he used to live. Apparently mice can fit into tiny crevices cuz their bones are soft- damn near liquid bones! Based on that I just figured it would make a splat noise not a crack noise ... however I'm thinking I really don't wish to either confirm or disprove either theory for myself. Thanks for the trap idea too though. If mouse still laughs at the sticky trap despite the addition of raisins I may yet resort to that. I could then just have the security guard come in and remove him ... if I can even successfully trap it under a box. frown

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 09:57 PM
Kindsvater Flat:
The only way a sticky trap will work is with a cheezit and a dab of peanut butter. Thats the only thing that has worked for me. Mouse ignored the peanut butter lure ... could be I need to add a cheezit AND some raisins. Thanks for the tip. :)

Rexone
09-28-2003, 10:00 PM
The bad part about the sticky trap FM is it doesn't kill them lots of times. The flat blade shovel does though. :D I've also used snap traps very successfully with raisins. They're hard for the mouse or rat to steal off the trigger. The snap trap usually eliminates the need for the follow up with the shovel. Hope you've found this information helpful. :D

Rexone
09-28-2003, 10:05 PM
As a follow up, a pellet rifle works well also. If used indoors though you may need a follow up treatment of spackel and touch up paint.

NorCal Gameshow
09-28-2003, 10:08 PM
FM, i didn't scratch my head :D :D :D

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Rexone:
The bad part about the sticky trap FM is it doesn't kill them lots of times. The flat blade shovel does though. :D I've also used snap traps very successfully with raisins. They're hard for the mouse or rat to steal off the trigger. The snap trap usually eliminates the need for the follow up with the shovel. Hope you've found this information helpful. :D Mike, I's a city girl hon where'm I supposed to get a shovel?! :D Snap trap? Does anyone want to find me after I have completely jumped out of my skin at the noise that makes? I'm highly caffeinated and paranoid and I live in a BAAADDDD part of the city, lol! Like I said I will try the raisin idea and if that is successful I'll have someone else remove and decimate my uninvited unwelcome guest roommate! I will admit that the shovel idea gave me an evil grin ... I have a very graphic imagination! devil Thanks for your suggestions Mike. :)

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 10:13 PM
NorCal Gameshow:
FM, i didn't scratch my head :D :D :D You have a very strong mind then, NS. :D I scratched just thinking the words, lol! :D

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Rexone:
As a follow up, a pellet rifle works well also. If used indoors though you may need a follow up treatment of spackel and touch up paint. I don't own a gun. eek! But I like that image ... devil

Kindsvater Flat
09-28-2003, 10:17 PM
We just caught one! We just caught one! Naturally now that its harvest time we get quite a few field mice. Marcia was glad enough to scream when it ran by her then got stuck. Simple pick up and reload a fresh trap. The best is to get the larger rat traps (sticky) and see how many you can get on one trap.

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 10:19 PM
I'm insanely jealous of your success in trapping one. wink
Kill 'em all! devil

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Rexone:
trapped about 70 rats ...
I got a couple record holders that I think weighed more than my smaller dog. jawdrop That's just wrong! yuk

Rexone
09-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Glue boards are good but there's nothing like the musical sound of a large Snap Trap triggering in the middle of the night. "yes"..."gothim" lol

Rexone
09-28-2003, 10:27 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
Rexone:
trapped about 70 rats ...
I got a couple record holders that I think weighed more than my smaller dog. jawdrop That's just wrong! yuk Consider yourself lucky you only have a mouse. :)

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 10:39 PM
Rexone:
Glue boards are good but there's nothing like the musical sound of a large Snap Trap triggering in the middle of the night. "yes"..."gothim" lol ...
Consider yourself lucky you only have a mouse. :) Yes I can see the satisfied appeal there would be in the sound of a sprung snap trap indicating success. devil I do consider myself quite fortunate indeed that I have no dog sized rodents anywhere near me thank-you drive thru! eek! LOL! :D It's just a tiny little mouse but I still want it gone. :)

Rexone
09-28-2003, 10:43 PM
You think you want it gone now, wait till he takes a run up your bare leg some morning as you're making your coffee. lol. :D
[ September 28, 2003, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

NorCal Gameshow
09-28-2003, 10:45 PM
Rexone:
You think you want it gone now, wait till he takes a run up your bare leg some morning as you're making your coffee. lol. :D can you post a pic? smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 10:49 PM
He's bold- not crazy. :) He feels the death wish I have on him! I know he does!! devil That little beastie won't come anywhere near me nevermind run up my leg ... but I know someone who likes to pull my leg. :D

Rexone
09-28-2003, 10:49 PM
Let me see if I have one of FM flat against the ceiling with eyes twice the size of a normal human.

Faster Daddy
09-28-2003, 11:00 PM
Found a little bastrd having a late nite snack in the bread basket. Wasn't gonna let this one get away, first thing I saw was a can of starting fluid. A couple of sprays in his direction and he could barley walk! Picked him up with the hot dog tongs and introduced him to the garbage disposal. Quick clean-up.
That little guy just crossed the line burningm

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 11:03 PM
Well damn! I'm SOL on all counts no garbage disposal and no starter fluid. :(
Good job BTW!!! :D

Rexone
09-28-2003, 11:04 PM
Actually FM mice are known for running up human's legs. They are attracted to the warmth of the human body. They just view it as a large warm pole to run up. (Until of course it starts violently shaking)

NorCal Gameshow
09-28-2003, 11:08 PM
FM, i'm pretty sure they do that when you're sleeping ...

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 11:10 PM
Rexone:
Actually FM mice are known for running up human's legs. They are attracted to the warmth of the human body. They just view it as a large warm pole to run up. (Until of course it starts violently shaking) This one won't dammit!! He can smell how much I don't want him here!! devil If it ever does though, Mike, screw shaking, I'll knock that SOB flying into a wall and name him Harvey
post-humously!! burningm :D

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 11:12 PM
NorCal Gameshow:
FM, i'm pretty sure they do that when you're sleeping ... Mouse has no purchase to climb up on my bed besides which ... I rarely sleep. Caffeine addiction. :D

Rexone
09-28-2003, 11:13 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
Rexone:
Actually FM mice are known for running up human's legs. They are attracted to the warmth of the human body. They just view it as a large warm pole to run up. (Until of course it starts violently shaking) This one won't dammit!! He can smell how much I don't want him here!! devil If it ever does though, Mike, screw shaking, I'll knock that SOB flying into a wall and name him Harvey
post-humously!! burningm :D But FM you have to get him out of your pants leg first :confused: . Once they go up there they do not like to just come back out voluntarily.

NorCal Gameshow
09-28-2003, 11:15 PM
Rexone:
FMluvswaterbabe:
Rexone:
post-humously!! burningm :D But FM you have to get him out of your pants leg first :confused: . Once they go up there they do not like to just come back out voluntarily. :D :D :D :D

Rexone
09-28-2003, 11:18 PM
I've got the answer for you FM. Just tape a small glue board on the back side of each knee before you dress. That should do it.

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 11:19 PM
Rexone:
FMluvswaterbabe:
Rexone:
post-humously!! burningm :D But FM you have to get him out of your pants leg first :confused: . Once they go up there they do not like to just come back out voluntarily. All I can say back to that is that you are making a grand assumption. :D

Rexone
09-28-2003, 11:20 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
Rexone:
FMluvswaterbabe:
Rexone:
post-humously!! burningm :D But FM you have to get him out of your pants leg first :confused: . Once they go up there they do not like to just come back out voluntarily. All I can say back to that is that you are making a grand assumption. :D So what are you telling me :confused: You make coffee naked?

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 11:21 PM
Rexone:
I've got the answer for you FM. Just tape a small glue board on the back side of each knee before you dress. That should do it. :rolleyes: Oh yes I'll so be doing that. :p

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Rexone:
FMluvswaterbabe:
Rexone:
FMluvswaterbabe:
Rexone:
post-humously!! burningm :D But FM you have to get him out of your pants leg first :confused: . Once they go up there they do not like to just come back out voluntarily. All I can say back to that is that you are making a grand assumption. :D So what are you telling me :confused: You make coffee naked? Doesn't everyone? :confused:

Rexone
09-28-2003, 11:24 PM
Personally I wear Levis with large heavy rubber bands around the legs. This keeps the mice out which in turn facilitates faster coffee making.
[ September 29, 2003, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 11:29 PM
Rexone:
Personally I wear Levis with large heavy rubber bands around the legs. This keeps the mice out which in turn facilitates faster coffee making. But I've not ever had to acquire such a habit ... first time I've ever dealt with a rodent problem. :D I am not about to let little beastly creature dictate my attire now!!! devil

Rexone
09-28-2003, 11:37 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
Rexone:
Personally I wear Levis with large heavy rubber bands around the legs. This keeps the mice out which in turn facilitates faster coffee making. But I've not ever had to acquire such a habit ... first time I've ever dealt with a rodent problem. :D I am not about to let little beastly creature dictate my attire now!!! devil Well I'm sure after one rodent in the bush country new habits will likely be adopted. :D

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 11:42 PM
LMAO! :D That will never happen lol simply cuz mouse won't be here long enough to do any climbing of any sort! :D It ain't cold enough here yet for mouse to seek warmth and he won't be here anymore by the time it is! :D

Rexone
09-28-2003, 11:47 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
LMAO! :D That will never happen lol simply cuz mouse won't be here long enough to do any climbing of any sort! :D It ain't cold enough here yet for mouse to seek warmth and he won't be here anymore by the time it is! :D Yeah you hope, lol. Just perhaps you have 2 mice and have only seen one at a time!...
Have fun raising your babies FM, lol. Don't worry, there shouldn't be more than 8 or 10 of em.

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 11:53 PM
Rexone:
FMluvswaterbabe:
LMAO! :D That will never happen lol simply cuz mouse won't be here long enough to do any climbing of any sort! :D It ain't cold enough here yet for mouse to seek warmth and he won't be here anymore by the time it is! :D Yeah you hope, lol. Just perhaps you have 2 mice and have only seen one at a time!...
Have fun raising your babies FM, lol. Don't worry, there shouldn't be more than 8 or 10 of em. Mike? :D When you bite your tongue I hope it hurts an awful lot!!! :D :D You've a mean streak hoser. :p :D

superdave013
09-29-2003, 04:17 AM
I guess I do have to much time on my hands. I just read all that yak yak.
But I did learn a few things.
1. Mike's a mean streak hoser.
2. FM doesn't want an uninvited unwelcome guest roommate.
3. #2 above means SD don't have a chance then. :rolleyes:

Sherpa
09-29-2003, 05:15 AM
have pellet gun, will travel-!
will trade favors with ya!
--Sherpa

hoolign
09-29-2003, 08:02 AM
I saw on the news last week about a chicken franchise that cooked a mouse,the guy who bought the bucket of chicked bit into its leg yuk
they showed a pic of the crispy critter,...
might wanna think of makin a snack out of him :p

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 10:33 AM
superdave013:
I guess I do have to much time on my hands. I just read all that yak yak.
But I did learn a few things.
1. Mike's a mean streak hoser.
2. FM doesn't want an uninvited unwelcome guest roommate.
3. #2 above means SD don't have a chance then. :rolleyes: 1.Indeed he is. :D
2.Correct.
3. :confused: a chance at ... what now?
Sherpa:
have pellet gun, will travel-!
will trade favors with ya!
--Sherpa I'd need to know what favor would be expected of me before agreeing to anything. :D
hoolign:
I saw on the news last week about a chicken franchise that cooked a mouse,the guy who bought the bucket of chicked bit into its leg
they showed a pic of the crispy critter,...
might wanna think of makin a snack out of him Thank-you so much :rolleyes: for sharing that charming highly appetizing tidbit of information, hon.
yuk As for your suggestion ... show me the way my friend! :p You do it first! :D

leibniz
09-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Mmmm... weed-rat; rotiserie style... hmmm.

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 11:04 AM
leibniz:
Mmmm... weed-rat; rotiserie style... hmmm. I'll need some pictorial proof that you actually have tasted that. :D

leibniz
09-29-2003, 11:04 AM
Hey FM, when you catch that mouse, here are a few suggestions about what to do next:
- put it in a box by the window, and then get magnifying glass, and burn it's eyes out.
- break it's ankles and watch it hobble around.
I wouldn't mind seeing some footage of a mouse going down a garburator. Anyone?

leibniz
09-29-2003, 11:08 AM
FMluvswaterbabe:
leibniz:
Mmmm... weed-rat; rotiserie style... hmmm. I'll need some pictorial proof that you actually have tasted that. :D I haven't. I saw it in a movie, and they seemed to really be enjoying it.
:)

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 11:08 AM
leibniz:
Hey FM, when you catch that mouse, here are a few suggestions about what to do next:
- put it in a box by the window, and then get magnifying glass, and burn it's eyes out.
- break it's ankles and watch it hobble around.
I wouldn't mind seeing some footage of a mouse going down a garburator. Anyone? Hey now yes I want mouse dead but I'm not serial killer in the making- I've no desire to torture the little beasty! I just want him gone. :D

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 11:11 AM
leibniz:
FMluvswaterbabe:
leibniz:
Mmmm... weed-rat; rotiserie style... hmmm. I'll need some pictorial proof that you actually have tasted that. :D I haven't. I saw it in a movie, and they seemed to really be enjoying it.
:) Movie? I believe that is called acting. :) If you'd seen it on a reality TV show I'd be less skeptical. wink :D

leibniz
09-29-2003, 11:11 AM
It would be like re-living some childhood memories. Except instead of ants, it would be a mouse.
It's been along times since I've burned small animals with a magnifying glass... maybe it's time I re-kindled that old habit myself ...
:D

leibniz
09-29-2003, 11:13 AM
FMluvswaterbabe:
leibniz:
FMluvswaterbabe:
leibniz:
:) Movie? I believe that is called acting. :) If you'd seen it on a reality TV show I'd be less skeptical. wink :D Acting? Well, I guess they were acting, but that Shrek was pretty convincing to me.

hoolign
09-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Leave a horses head in his bed..He'll get the message! :D eek!
or
leave him a threatening note...
hey mouse...if you don't leave by 6 tonight
you're in big trouble!! devil
or
get some more mice..kill them..hang them on a fence by his place...works with yotes :D

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 11:21 AM
leibniz:
It would be like re-living some childhood memories. Except instead of ants, it would be a mouse.
It's been along times since I've burned small animals with a magnifying glass... maybe it's time I re-kindled that old habit myself ...
:D eek! Note to self: Never piss off leibniz ... it's unknown at what rate he might graduate up the food chain from torturing and maiming small animals. :confused: :D

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 11:24 AM
hoolign:
Leave a horses head in his bed..He'll get the message! :D eek!
or
leave him a threatening note...
hey mouse...if you don't leave by 6 tonight
you're in big trouble!! devil
or
get some more mice..kill them..hang them on a fence by his place...works with yotes :D Uhh thanks for those highly practical suggestions hoolign but I'm a dreamer ... I'll take the long-shot chance on the raisins and sticky trap! :D

leibniz
09-29-2003, 11:28 AM
FMluvswaterbabe:
leibniz:
:D eek! Note to self: Never piss off leibniz ... it's unknown at what rate he might graduate up the food chain from torturing and maiming small animals. :confused: :D Oh come on! I would probably never go past anything bigger than a rabid dog. Anyway, it would be tough carrying around a 4 foot diameter magnifying glass...
:D :D

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 11:36 AM
leibniz:
FMluvswaterbabe:
leibniz:
:D eek! Note to self: Never piss off leibniz ... it's unknown at what rate he might graduate up the food chain from torturing and maiming small animals. :confused: :D Oh come on! I would probably never go past anything bigger than a rabid dog. Anyway, it would be tough carrying around a 4 foot diameter magnifying glass...
:D :D Oh okay. That makes sense. :) Note to self: It's okay if you piss off leibniz afterall. Logic protects you. :D
[ September 29, 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: FMluvswaterbabe ]

Cheap Thrills
09-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Sticky trap with rasins , cheesits, peanutbutter , :confused: well just add a little caviar an ice sculpture and a little wine.
VIOLA,, Buffet' :D maybe you could rent em a movie to go with the good food ... *GRINS*
T.

leibniz
09-29-2003, 12:33 PM
Why not just leave your cupboard door open, and while they are snaking, slam the door shut on them!
I like the paintball gun idea. Use 'em as target practice.
Wow. This forum is full of good ideas for you FM. You shouldn't have any trouble at all dealing with that little varment.
:rolleyes:

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 12:35 PM
Will that entice him further? :confused: LMAO! I actually just added the raisins and cheezit a few minutes ago. I put the trap where the little shitter likes to play- right out in the open in the middle of my living room! devil Here mousy mousy mousy!! :D Alas, he's a nocturne; I'll have to wait until tonight to see if he's tempted. :rolleyes:

leibniz
09-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Here's another idea:
Paint some breasts on your computer mouse and leave it in the middle of the floor; and then see if he takes the bait. If he doesn't, you'll know that he is a gay mouse. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)
eek!
[ September 29, 2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: leibniz ]

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 12:41 PM
leibniz:
Why not just leave your cupboard door open, and while they are snaking, slam the door shut on them!
I like the paintball gun idea. Use 'em as target practice.
Wow. This forum is full of good ideas for you FM. You shouldn't have any trouble at all dealing with that little varment.
:rolleyes: I'm not fast enough to slam the critter between cupboard doorjamb and cupboard door.
I'm already trying the most farfetched idea ... the raisins/cheezit/pb buffet ... hopefully it pays to be a dreamer. :D

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 12:43 PM
leibniz:
Here's another idea:
Paint some breasts on your computer mouse and leave it in the middle of the floor; and then see if he takes the bait. If he doesn't, you'll know that he is a gay mouse.
eek! Hey I could try that!! I have an extra mouse now that I 've finally bought myself a new one!! I'll let ya know how that goes! wink :D

DansBlown73Nordic
09-29-2003, 05:44 PM
Two very simple ways to kill a mouse. First is to mix some cement and flower or sugar.Put this little snack out for the little bastard. wink
The other is a 5 gallon pail with about 6 inches of water. Unless he is wearing a life jacket or never drinks water he is DEAD!!!!!! :D

hoolign
09-29-2003, 06:28 PM
This is what you are gonna see
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/8236.gif

DansBlown73Nordic
09-29-2003, 06:29 PM
lmao eek!

DansBlown73Nordic
09-29-2003, 06:30 PM
lmao eek!

leibniz
09-29-2003, 06:43 PM
hoolign:
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/8236.gif Unless the mouse is gay. (Not that there is anything wrong with that...)

Napanutt
09-29-2003, 07:01 PM
RiverDave:
How about the ole bugs bunny routine??
A shoe Box being held up with a stick and a peace of string tied to the stick?? Put some cheeze under there, and while your online if he's that bold.. wink Whamo ya got em. :)
Then stick him in a cage and you have a new pet.
RD That's so funny...I caught a bird one time when I was about 12 yrs. old camping,the shoe box way...of course I felt bad for the poor thing and let it go,but,hey the thing worked...

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 10:41 PM
hoolign:
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/8236.gif ODG! LMAO! Where the hell do you find this stuff, hoolign? :D That's ****ing hilarious!

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 10:46 PM
Dans66Stevens:
Two very simple ways to kill a mouse. First is to mix some cement and flower or sugar.Put this little snack out for the little bastard. wink
The other is a 5 gallon pail with about 6 inches of water. Unless he is wearing a life jacket or never drinks water he is DEAD!!!!!! :D I've no idea what this creature is living on. The cement thing sounds a slow painful death I want mouse dispatched speedily.
Would an ice cream pail suffice? Is that deep enough? I don't have a 5 gallon pail.

FMluvswater
09-29-2003, 10:53 PM
leibniz:
hoolign:
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/8236.gif Unless the mouse is gay. (Not that there is anything wrong with that...)
:rolleyes: All I'm convinced of in regards to mouse's sexual practices leibniz is that this mouse is celibate/abstaining from booty :D ... there are no other mice in the building ... it's all quite bizarre. None of us know how this one got in even. :confused:
Why the hell hasn't it starved to death yet? My food supplies are all up high and in tact, and my garbage is suspended over a foot off the floor. What the hell has this critter been living on? :confused:

leibniz
09-30-2003, 06:00 AM
FMluvswaterbabe:
leibniz:
Unless the mouse is gay. (Not that there is anything wrong with that...)
:rolleyes: All I'm convinced of in regards to mouse's sexual practices leibniz is that this mouse is celibate/abstaining from booty :D ... there are no other mice in the building ... it's all quite bizarre. None of us know how this one got in even. :confused:
Why the hell hasn't it starved to death yet? My food supplies are all up high and in tact, and my garbage is suspended over a foot off the floor. What the hell has this critter been living on? :confused: Well, I'm not one to draw conclusions; I'm just pointing out that, well, if he has only been seen by himself, and if he has been in the closet for the last several months and only now is coming out... well, he is probably gay. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.) :rolleyes:
Maybe you could catch him, and then realase him back into the wild. That would be the naturically correct thing to do.
I've heard that mice can live in walls and essentially run up and down the wall (on the inside) Have you been hearing strange scratching in the walls lately?
How did he make out with your wired mouse last night? Any sparks?
But seriously, after he is caught, you will want to wash the place really good. Mouse droppings are germ and desease-riddled and can cause degredation of health, I believe.

betty boop
09-30-2003, 06:05 AM
hey fm - been reading this thread for a couple of days now and it still makes me laugh - those little furry critters are pretty saucy aren't they? anyway, two things i agree with - if possible, catch him and let him go in the wild (way across vancouver if possible) and definitely wash the place out (landlord should be responsible for that i'm sure) hey, i'll bet someone in your building had him as a pet and he got out of the cage...that maybe where he came from.....my aunt moved out of her house one time and lost her 3 pet tarantulas (could you imagine)
anyhow - i don't believe in killing anything (i really have a hard time when it's fly season) so that is my .02 - hey, i have contributed to the beer fund finally... :D

Cheap Thrills
09-30-2003, 06:34 AM
Hey FM ,
I heard of this one guy that played the flute so well the little mousies would follow him arround. I heard he even rid a whole town of the pesky lil boogers ... cant remember his name though.
ANYBODY ???

FMluvswater
09-30-2003, 10:36 AM
leibniz:
he is probably gay. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)
I've heard that mice can live in walls and essentially run up and down the wall (on the inside) Have you been hearing strange scratching in the walls lately?
How did he make out with your wired mouse last night? Any sparks?
But seriously, after he is caught, you will want to wash the place really good. Mouse droppings are germ and desease-riddled and can cause degredation of health, I believe. I think you are right he is probably gay - how else to explain his lone mouse status? I've heard of outcast lone wolves but a mouse? :confused:
No it's a brand new building there have been no scratching noises from inside the walls. The walls are quite thick and sound proof.
Well if there were any sparks between live mouse and wired mouse they used protection and left no evidence. wink
There have been no droppings sightings but of course when mouse is gone extra cleaning measures will be taken. Thanks for mentioning it. :)
sunbunny:
hey fm - been reading this thread for a couple of days now and it still makes me laugh - those little furry critters are pretty saucy aren't they? anyway, two things i agree with - if possible, catch him and let him go in the wild (way across vancouver if possible) and definitely wash the place out (landlord should be responsible for that i'm sure) hey, i'll bet someone in your building had him as a pet and he got out of the cage...that maybe where he came from.....my aunt moved out of her house one time and lost her 3 pet tarantulas (could you imagine)
anyhow - i don't believe in killing anything (i really have a hard time when it's fly season) so that is my .02 - hey, i have contributed to the beer fund finally... Yes mouse is bold alright.
I'm sorry sunbunny look away hon mouse is doomed no capture and release. :( I have no qualms about an unwelcome rodent being killed. I always wanted a snake for a pet but could never stand the idea of giving him live food ... this is different ... this is my home and I happen to think my life and health are more important than the mouse's at this point. Maybe mouse will just never appear again and I won't have to do anything more about it. :) I'd love to know how mouse got in the building and why he decided to live in 101 with me. Ugh! I'd rather someone else had to be the tough one. I want mouse dead and gone but I'm squeamish about being involved directly ... there I admitted it. :o
Cheap Thrills:
Hey FM ,
I heard of this one guy that played the flute so well the little mousies would follow him arround. I heard he even rid a whole town of the pesky lil boogers ... cant remember his name though.
ANYBODY ??? The Pied Piper of Hamelin lol. I don't play the flute. I tried to play the clarinet in highschool. It wasn't that I wasn't good at it, it was that I was particularly bad at it! :D If I had a clarinet I could play it and mouse would leave of his own volition!! :D
So the update is ... no news. Mouse wasn't even drawn to the gourmet feast in the sticky trap.

hoolign
09-30-2003, 12:35 PM
I don't play the flute Hmmmm...Maybe if you did...your boyfriend would get rid of the mouse for you :p
could'nt resist :D

FMluvswater
09-30-2003, 12:39 PM
hoolign:
I don't play the flute Hmmmm...Maybe if you did...your boyfriend would get rid of the mouse for you :p
could'nt resist :D I don't have a boyfriend. :p If I did ... I could pick it up I'm sure. :D I couldn't resist either. :D

leibniz
09-30-2003, 01:50 PM
hoolign:
Bada-bing! Tshhh.
Well done.

FMluvswater
01-23-2004, 11:39 AM
Would you believe mouse is still my unwelcome roommate? How about this ...
you know the pro mouse traps? The ones that are baited with poisoned food pellets? Mouse has found a different use for those. Excercise equipment. I kid you not. Lil bastard uses them to practice hurdles. ****er. Watched him hurdle over it three times in one night. Beast disappears for weeks at a time and I start to hope that he's gone for good this time. He knows just when I start to believe this I think and enjoys mocking me then, by putting in an appearance. Why won't he just **** off? :mad: Sigh.
:rolleyes: :(

bonesfab
01-23-2004, 01:36 PM
this i can relate to.. ****in rats!!!! my neighbors invite rats in for some reason via my back yard. rat traps with peanut butter & dog food. got two in one trap one time. or i play ole west and get out the bb gun. first shot right in the head. wife thinks im weird or something.

FMluvswater
03-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Wild guess what still lives with me? :rolleyes: Building manager assures me the pest control pros will be in next week. Uh-huh. That was after he tried offering me another sticky trap and me explaining that mouse ignores it and that mouse has managed to elude the pro poisoned bait trap as well. I'm just on pins and needles waiting to see what the pros will do about it this time - NOT! I'm nearly resigned to having a rodent as a part time roommate permanently. :mad: Sure, why not? He can be the building mascot. :rolleyes: