PDA

View Full Version : Pomegranates

FMluvswater
10-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Do you like them? Kind of an interesting fruit IMO.
After dinner tonight with my son, ex-MIL, my ex and his gf we all had one and I found it interesting how we all approach them differently. (I'm sitting here laughing that I'm actually gonna post this as a topic :rolleyes: ... :D )
Ok so my ex-MIL cuts it in quarters pops out a few eats them and so on,
my ex rips it apart and eats the fruit right off the rind,
my son likes the quartered wedges- he picks each seed carefully and eats then one by one,
ex's gf peels a bit pops out a few then eats them peels some more etc,
and me ... well I peel the entire thing, pile up all the fruit until they are all out of the rind and eat them by the handfuls. I have very long nails .. peeling it and removing the seeds tonight without squirting sticky juice everywhere was a challenge but I did manage to do it. :D
If you eat pomegranates I just wanna know how you go about it. Oh and do you spit out or swallow the seeds? Ex, ex-MIL and I swallow them - my son and ex's gf spit them out after.
Why do I wanna know? I dunno- why is the sky blue? I just do. LOL! :D

spectratoad
10-15-2003, 06:30 AM
The fruit is fun to eat but the last part of your post really got my attention. eek! Just having fun with ya! :D
FMluvswaterbabe:
well I peel the entire thing, I have very long nails .. peeling it and removing tonight without squirting sticky juice everywhere was a challenge but I did manage to do it. :D Oh and do you spit out or swallow? I swallow and ex's gf spits.
Why do I wanna know? I dunno- why is the sky blue? I just do. LOL! :D

BigBoyToys
10-15-2003, 06:33 AM
I have a Pomegranate tree in my backyard. I eat them with my LAWN MOWER eek! :D :D

Danhercules
10-15-2003, 06:49 AM
One by one just like you son. I love it when my fingers get all red and that stuff is hard to get off. I dont know how many shirts I have ruined because of them. I do buy the juce in the store. Its suppost to be really good for you. I have a small glass every day.

91nordic29
10-15-2003, 09:53 AM
on or two at a time, swallow juice, spit seeds. wink

Caribbean Jet
10-15-2003, 12:32 PM
I'm still trying to figure out who everybody is and if I read correctly how you came about eatting this strange fruit together?
To answer your question, cut in half and eat one by one.

DansBlown73Nordic
10-15-2003, 01:57 PM
I just want to know where I can find some of this stuff???? :confused:

Her454
10-15-2003, 03:34 PM
First of all it doesnt matter HOW you eat it, but how you STEAL IT. I dont think I ever ate a Pomegranite I didnt steal from a neighbors yard as a kid.... wink
But once I steal it, I break it off in quarters and take the seeds out and then eat them... :)
Her454 <--------just branded herself a thief. eek!
[ October 15, 2003, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

twistedpair
10-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Your ex traded a swallower for a spitter!?!
What a MOROON!! wink

91nordic29
10-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Her454:
First of all it doesnt matter HOW you eat it, but how you STEAL IT. I dont think I ever ate a Pomegranite I didnt steal from a neighbors yard as a kid.... wink
But once I steal it, I break it off in quarters and take the seeds out and then eat them... :)
Her454 <--------just branded herself a thief. eek! i believe you are right, now that i think of it. i dont think my mom ever bought them at the store and i KNOW we didnt have a tree! :D

Gman
10-15-2003, 03:46 PM
The sky is blue because the sun reflects off the water. hence why the sky is black at night.
As for swallowing.....Keep doing that and you'll have a tree growing out your ass! :D

Ziggy
10-15-2003, 05:53 PM
Cut and eat...like a pre-historic man wink seeds and all. BTW-don't think I've ever bought one either, friend had one in his yard made one hell of a mess on the concrete by the pool.
So I want to be curious as you now...what is an Ex-MIL? Probably feel stupid once you answer that one won't I? :rolleyes: :D

TRG
10-15-2003, 06:03 PM
when they are eaten with the mower, they become superb fertilizer,alot of neutrients that feed the roots!!!! learned that from home depot guardening 101!!! a long time ago!!! got tired with working with all of the dumb shitz, had to get out while there was still time!!!!

FMluvswater
10-15-2003, 08:47 PM
spectratoad:
The fruit is fun to eat but the last part of your post really got my attention. eek!
FMluvswaterbabe:
well I peel the entire thing, I have very long nails .. peeling it and removing tonight without squirting sticky juice everywhere was a challenge but I did manage to do it. Oh and do you spit out or swallow? I swallow and ex's gf spits.That's some mighty creative editing! :D So like how'd you know how I had it before I censored it? :confused: wink :D
twistedpair:
Your ex traded a swallower for a spitter!?!
What a MOROON!! wink LMAO!!! BTW there was no trading of anything :p we split there was a pause they hooked up. He maybe shoulda asked her how she eats a pomegranate first though I guess! wink

FMluvswater
10-15-2003, 08:54 PM
Dans66Stevens:
I just want to know where I can find some of this stuff????Dan please see the following quotes by Her454 and 91nordic29 ... perhaps they can hook you up with a 'supplier'! wink :D
Her454:
Her454 <--------just branded herself a thief. eek! LOL! It's okay we won't tell. :)
91nordic29:
i believe you are right, now that i think of it. i dont think my mom ever bought them at the store and i KNOW we didnt have a tree! :D :D That's pretty funny!

FMluvswater
10-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Caribbean Jet:
I'm still trying to figure out who everybody is and if I read correctly how you came about eatting this strange fruit together?
To answer your question, cut in half and eat one by one. We'd had a meeting regarding my son's progress with some challenges he's been having (he has autism) and had dinner together afterwards. My ex-MIL supplied the pomegranates.
Ziggy:
Cut and eat...like a pre-historic man wink seeds and all. BTW-don't think I've ever bought one either, friend had one in his yard made one hell of a mess on the concrete by the pool.
So I want to be curious as you now...what is an Ex-MIL? Probably feel stupid once you answer that one won't I? :rolleyes: :D ex-MIL = ex-Mother-In-Law :)

FMluvswater
10-15-2003, 09:14 PM
titties and beer:
yes we eat them,my dad made wine out of them, :D when i was a kid i pissed off my brother and walked away, and he thru one and hit me in the head,DAM NEAR KILLED ME, HE WAS A PITCHER IN LITTLE LEAGUE,that red shit was everwhere ,looked like i got shot OMG!! I could so picture that!! I bet that hurt like hell!! Them things are packin weight! eek!
They make grenadine syrup out of pomegranates too. It's a good addition to some mixed drinks. I'd probably like wine made from them. :)
GGMMAANN:
The sky is blue because the sun reflects off the water. hence why the sky is black at night.Ohhhh! Okay. Thanks. :)
GGMMAANN:
As for swallowing.....Keep doing that and you'll have a tree growing out your ass! :D I don't think so- everybody knows trees can't grow where the sun don't shine! wink :D

FMluvswater
10-15-2003, 09:18 PM
Danhercules:
One by one just like you son. I love it when my fingers get all red and that stuff is hard to get off. I dont know how many shirts I have ruined because of them. I do buy the juce in the store. Its suppost to be really good for you. I have a small glass every day. I've actually wondered what the nutritional values are. Any idea? Only guess I'd have is vitamin C.

FMluvswater
10-15-2003, 09:39 PM
BigBoyToys:
I have a Pomegranate tree in my backyard. I eat them with my LAWN MOWER LOL! If I had a tree I'd not be wasting them on a lawnmower!! :p :D or maybe they wouldn't be such a novel treat and I would afterall? :confused: :)
toddnjuzz:
when they are eaten with the mower, they become superb fertilizer,alot of neutrients that feed the roots!!!! learned that from home depot guardening 101!!! a long time ago!!! got tired with working with all of the dumb shitz, had to get out while there was still time!!!! I have an un-green thumb and I live in Canada ... I'm thinking pomegranate trees can't grow here. :(
But it's likely I'll retain that info and spew it back out (if I'm ever asked about fertilizer) and I'll have no clue how I know that. :rolleyes: :D So uhh thanks ... I think? wink

BigBoyToys
10-16-2003, 02:00 AM
FMluvswaterbabe:
BigBoyToys:
I have a Pomegranate tree in my backyard. I eat them with my LAWN MOWER LOL! If I had a tree I'd not be wasting them on a lawnmower!! :p :D or maybe they wouldn't be such a novel treat and I would afterall? :confused: :)
Well, after reading this topic, I think Mrs BBT went out and picked them off of the tree because I now see a bunch of pomegranates in on the Kitchen counter :rolleyes:
I've never cared for pomegranates much. I don't have the patience for picking them seeds out of them. Other than that, I guess they are ok....... :)
[ October 16, 2003, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

91nordic29
10-16-2003, 09:00 AM
just had to get this up with the other weird foods!

FMluvswater
11-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Bump since Hoolign seems interested in whether I spit or swallow. :D

HocusPocus
11-30-2005, 03:27 PM
i have a small pomegranate tree/bush.. only produces 1-2 a year. :) a frend of ours has a huge one and produces fruit the size of a softball.. he brings us baskets of them. i saw in stater bros they were asking $2.50 each!!!
anyway to get to your question.
i take two of them.. break'em apart and use a small fork to pick out all the fruit, once i have a large pile i eat'em up with a spoon. yummy!

FMluvswater
11-30-2005, 03:32 PM
i have a small pomegranate tree/bush.. only produces 1-2 a year. :) a frend of ours has a huge one and produces fruit the size of a softball.. he brings us baskets of them. i saw in stater bros they were asking $2.50 each!!!
anyway to get to your question.
i take two of them.. break'em apart and use a small fork to pick out all the fruit, once i have a large pile i eat'em up with a spoon. yummy!
Fork is a good way to prevent stained fingers, I suppose :idea: but if the fork slips and punctures the seeds doesn't it still squirt and make a mess? :confused:

HocusPocus
11-30-2005, 03:46 PM
doesn't it still squirt and make a mess?
isn't that whats its suppose to do?

MsDrmr
11-30-2005, 03:55 PM
I actually really like them, they are easy to eat, danty, and tart...I like them right off a fresh tree though, I don't buy them at the store.

Her454
11-30-2005, 04:07 PM
I saw the title of this thread and instant guilt and paranoia struck me from my childhood days when I used to jump the fence and *steal* my neighbors pomegranates............ :cry: :rolleyes:

FMluvswater
11-30-2005, 04:17 PM
I saw the title of this thread and instant guilt and paranoia struck me from my childhood days when I used to jump the fence and *steal* my neighbors pomegranates............ :cry: :rolleyes:
Uhhh Traci? :D Scroll up to post #9. :idea: :D

Windy
11-30-2005, 05:35 PM
I havent had one since I was little...cant even remember how I ate em...but I liked em...good thread. :)

Her454
11-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Uhhh Traci? :D Scroll up to post #9. :idea: :D
OK, so other than an idiot today, Im a twice over self proclaimed thief.

FMluvswater
11-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Apparently the guilt and paranoia have a long shelf life! :wink: :D

Ziggy
11-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Amazing that this thread hasn't been lost in HB's many "upgrades"...But one excellent reason to bring it back FM :rollside: ....Hooli better stop killing brain cells ;)
......and if you read back T my post said a friend of mine had had one in his yard........:D :D :D Guess who? :D :D :D
Tasty fruits, messy as hell..........hmmm, reminds me of something else :crossx: LOL