PDA

View Full Version : Houseboat Rentals for Spring Break 2003

Boatjob
11-12-2002, 12:11 AM
A bunch of my college buddies and I are planning a big houseboat trip for this coming spring break. Anybody have any experience with certain rental companies? What companies do u recomend? There is going to be about 30 of us abort....So it's time to start planning!!!
Let me know asap
Thanks,
Kevin eek!

TrojanDan
11-12-2002, 10:16 AM
Boatjob,
First question, What body of water do you plan on boating on? If in Havasu, try down in Havasu Springs Resort area.
Second question, 30 college buddies on one boat?? You might want to rethink that! Your crapper will be full before even leaving the marina.
Good luck.
-Dan

24RODjr
11-12-2002, 01:46 PM
I'm not hatin' but 30 sausages on a boat at spring break = gay

rrrr
11-12-2002, 02:05 PM
Bad news, dude. All the guys at the boat rental places in Havasu read this board. When you go in and tell 'em there will only be you, your fiancee, and her invalid mom on board they are gonna toss you out in the street.
:D :D :D
[ November 12, 2002, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

Havasu Doug
11-12-2002, 02:34 PM
Boatjob:
...There is going to be about 30 of us abort....Subliminal message here. The message is ABORT! since there are 30 of you. J/K :D You might want to get a couple boats with that many peeps though. :)

Boatjob
11-12-2002, 06:19 PM
Considering I attend one of the biggest party schools on the west coast(UCSB), it should be one fun time. Sorry for not getting so detailed...it wont be a sausage fest 24rod. We're having many cute sorority girls come along for some fun :D I'm not worried about having too many people on the boat, if we have to we'll get a pontoon boat.
So on a more serios note..what companies do u recomend?
thanks

Boatjob
11-12-2002, 06:22 PM
Oh and 24rodjr im not hatin' but....If this trip is "gay" as u call it, then u better start cryin now because the houseboat is prolly faster than your cheetah!(not hatin though)

NashvilleBound
11-12-2002, 06:37 PM
OUCH!!!!!!

syke-o
11-12-2002, 10:09 PM
NashvilleBound:
OUCH!!!!!!Ouch is right!!!!

Ian
11-12-2002, 10:37 PM
Hey Boatjob I go to Havasu every year for spring break and I have the time of my life. A couple quick tips, first off you will be lucky to get a houseboat for spring break, I believe their is less than a dozen on the lake and I'm sure their all rented. Secondly, If you do get a house boat rest asured you will have to leave a fat deposit, and if you plan on spending anytime in Copper Canyon I can guarantee you won't be seeing any of that money again (take it from a guy who owns a boat solely for Copper Canyon)! Thirdly you may be better off renting a deck boat for the day and staying in Havasu City at night, During the day the place to be is the Copper Canyon but at night you'll want to be at Kokomos. Anyways go to Havasu even if you don't get a house boat, it's a blast. Lastly I'm not talking trash to anyone but going to Havasu with just the guys is the only way to go, there are so many girls there looking for boats to hang out on, it would be rediculous to bring any girls (kinda like bringing sand to the beach)!

boatnam2
11-12-2002, 11:07 PM
last time i rented one at havasu we tried being all sneaky and meeting the rest of my freinds out in the middle of the lake.we got caught a was charged a hefty extra fee.

Boatjob
11-13-2002, 12:53 AM
Ian-
Thanks for the info bro. Yeah I've been going to havasu for prolly 10 years now, and I've seen some wild stuff. Now that college life has come, it's time to "kick it up a notch." My college buddies and I rented a pontoon boat last year and it was the sh!t. But we want to have more people come this time, so we need to think of a good idea. My parents have a house there, along with a Mach 26 and seadoos. So hopefully they'll cart some of us up to the sandbar or something like that. I guess if we do a couple of pontoons we'll be alright.
Thanks...
and yes...it is kinda like bringin sand to the beach!!!!!

WILD LAVEY
11-13-2002, 01:03 AM
Boatjob:
Oh and 24rodjr im not hatin' but....If this trip is "gay" as u call it, then u better start cryin now because the houseboat is prolly faster than your cheetah!(not hatin though)man, i think that hit was way below the belt. eek! :D

JetBoatRich
11-13-2002, 04:22 AM
Boatjob:
Oh and 24rodjr im not hatin' but....If this trip is "gay" as u call it, then u better start cryin now because the houseboat is prolly faster than your cheetah!(not hatin though)That is week!

Reddy Too
11-13-2002, 08:29 AM
Boatjob, glad to see they are teaching you impeccable grammatical skills at UCSB, you will “prolly” graduate at the top of your class.

Boatjob
11-13-2002, 12:22 PM
Reddy Too-
uh oh...here we go again, bashing spelling on a forum. You "prolly" have a cheetah yourself so you got your feelings hurt, sorry bro.
Next time I'm asking for spelling advise, I'll ask you genious..K?

Boatjob
11-13-2002, 12:30 PM
Reddy, I see that you are a newbie..Should of known, doin newb sh!t. Oh well, gotta learn sometime.
So if you are in the "water" industry, what "college" did u attend? Bashin' UCSB, but what do u have to say for yourself? CC must have taught you well :D

Reddy Too
11-13-2002, 02:13 PM
Boatjob, relax I was giving you a hard time just as you did to 24Rodjr. To answer your question no I do not own a Cheetah, I own a Campbell. I also graduated from Pitzer College, one of the Claremont Colleges, with a degree in Environmental Chemistry. Thanks for asking.

Boatjob
11-13-2002, 02:21 PM
No hard feelings Reddy...I was just looking to argue. :D

24RODjr
11-14-2002, 10:32 AM
Boatjob:
Oh and 24rodjr im not hatin' but....If this trip is "gay" as u call it, then u better start cryin now because the houseboat is prolly faster than your cheetah!(not hatin though)Ahhh no son, it's on!
You obviously didn't read the email Bro. I didn't say your trip was gay, I said 30 sausages on one boat was gay. You have a guilty concience or something??? :rolleyes:
As to your Pontoon and/or housboat being faster than my Cheeter....Please. Didn't you know you can't bag on a boat if you don't own a boat BoatRentalJob?
How 'bout we let your "cute soroity girls" decide which boat they'd rather be seen in? :cool:
[ November 14, 2002, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: 24RODjr ]

RiverToysJas
11-14-2002, 10:50 AM
24RODjr:
How 'bout we let your "cute soroity girls" decide which boat they'd rather be seen in? :cool: That sounds like a fun game! wink
RTJas :D

RiverDave2
11-14-2002, 01:11 PM
RiverToysJas:
24RODjr:
How 'bout we let your "cute soroity girls" decide which boat they'd rather be seen in? :cool: That sounds like a fun game! wink
RTJas :D It does, doesn't it?
RD
[ November 14, 2002, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: RiverDave2 ]

Boatjob
11-14-2002, 01:38 PM
Okay, we'll play...I'll put $100 on it, whatever boat I'm in vs. ur cheetah. I might not happen to be in the houseboat at the time. I'll take a trip up Acoma to my Pop's house, and pull the REAL boat out. Then we'll see who'll bring the girls home. And while your wer having this comp, I'll put another $100 on a race. :D You confident now? I'll beat ya in both fair and square.LMAO. How bout it????????

timitunnel
11-14-2002, 07:08 PM
I would have to say u already lost.Arn't u old enough to quit using your dad and his success to step up to the plate. Didn't your dad teach you that children should be seen but not heard. Tim
[ November 14, 2002, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: timitunnel ]

Jordy
11-14-2002, 07:17 PM
Boatjob:
I'll take a trip up Acoma to my Pop's house, and pull the REAL boat out. Then we'll see who'll bring the girls home.This is as bad as the old 565Edge/HBjet pissing matches, although not quite as amusing.
Well, if you're gonna go to dad's house and get a real boat, I'm going to stop by my buddy's house and get his Skater, then we'll race real boat versus real boat...
Jordy :D
I just love threads like this. They really cheer me up, but do make my belly hurt from laughing so hard.

TrojanDan
11-14-2002, 07:58 PM
Boatjob
I'll take a trip up Acoma to my Pop's house, and pull the REAL boat out.[/QB]I wish I had a Pop whose house and boat I could borrow. Man do I feel like I was neglected as a child. :D

Boatjob
11-14-2002, 08:59 PM
You guys are right, I'm just trying to entertain myself, take it easy. And NO, it's not time to stop using my father toys, not old enough yet :D

RiverToysJas
11-14-2002, 09:24 PM
Boatjob:
I'll take a trip up Acoma to my Pop's house, and pull the REAL boat out.....I didn't even know we could use other people's boats!!!! SWEET! :D I'll call my good buddy Charley up and we'll take the girls and the $100 at Spring break!!! :p
RTJas :D
[ November 14, 2002, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

Jordy
11-14-2002, 09:34 PM
RiverDave:
Yeah I feel neglected too. :mad:
Dammit.
RD~! :p
[ November 14, 2002, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: jordanpaulk ]

24RODjr
11-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Boatjob:
Okay, we'll play...I'll put $100 on it, whatever boat I'm in vs. ur cheetah. I might not happen to be in the houseboat at the time. I'll take a trip up Acoma to my Pop's house, and pull the REAL boat out. Then we'll see who'll bring the girls home. And while your wer having this comp, I'll put another $100 on a race. :D You confident now? I'll beat ya in both fair and square.LMAO. How bout it????????LMAO!!! Your Dad's boat!!! BUWAAAAAHAHAHahAAA
RD, I do have a Decent System...not in your league but not bad, and MUCH props to you for the song title posted. They have chewed up much bandwidth at work. :D
[ November 14, 2002, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: 24RODjr ]

24RODjr
11-14-2002, 10:40 PM
24RODjr:
Boatjob:
Okay, we'll play...I'll put $100 on it, whatever boat I'm in vs. ur cheetah. I might not happen to be in the houseboat at the time. I'll take a trip up Acoma to my Pop's house, and pull the REAL boat out. Then we'll see who'll bring the girls home. And while your wer having this comp, I'll put another $100 on a race. :D You confident now? I'll beat ya in both fair and square.LMAO. How bout it????????LMAO!!! Your Dad's boat!!! BUWAAAAAHAHAHahAAA
RD, I do have a Decent System...not in your league but not bad, and MUCH props to you for the song title posted. They have chewed up much bandwidth at work. :D Glad I could provide all of the above post whores with entertainment. :D

Ian
11-14-2002, 10:42 PM
Hey RiverDave I agree that a bitchin' stereo will help in the chick department, and a nice boat doesn't hurt either. But Take it from a twenty-one year old kid that has been going to Spring at Havasu for the past couple years in a 23 ft. Biege and brown 79 sleekcraft with fake wood grain on it, that just having a little game, a beer bong and a sh*t load of silver bullits goes a long way. I don't have the nerve to drive any of our other boats into Copper Canyon. Hey and all you older guys can't tell me that had your dad had all the bitchin toys when you were young you wouldn't have borrowed them. I am the first to admit I am extremely lucky to have a pops that's into boats, (we are partners on A blown Cole TR2 and A 21 ft. Bahner) if he wasn't into boats there would be no way I'd be able to afford two boats. Oh yeah tell me what weekend all these races are supposed to go down, I've always enjoyed a good race and Sorority girls :) . While you guys are out racing I'll be shagging the chicks in the 79 sleekcraft :D

syke-o
11-14-2002, 10:51 PM
Boatjob:
Okay, we'll play...I'll put $100 on it, whatever boat I'm in vs. ur cheetah. I might not happen to be in the houseboat at the time. I'll take a trip up Acoma to my Pop's house, and pull the REAL boat out. Then we'll see who'll bring the girls home. And while your wer having this comp, I'll put another $100 on a race. :D You confident now? I'll beat ya in both fair and square.LMAO. How bout it????????You cant always go beggin daddy to use his stuff, if you talk crap then YOU have to back it up with your stuff... not your daddy's

syke-o
11-14-2002, 10:53 PM
Ian does have the girls thing right.... a little game, a beer bong, and alot of silvers do seem to have a magical effect :D :D

24RODjr
11-14-2002, 11:00 PM
syke-o:
Ian does have the girls thing right.... a little game, a beer bong, and alot of silvers do seem to have a magical effect :D :D Dude..silvers...bikinis....water....is it summer yet?

24RODjr
11-14-2002, 11:08 PM
So are you saying when I show up in Daddy's boat and take the chix that it will be an "invalid" victory?
So I don't get the 100 bucks?
RD Allow me to Chime in here.
There are two issues at stake:
1) Taking the chicks. Always a win under any circumstances;
2) $100, Sorry RD, but you don't get the cash due to the ownership deal. Gotta win it with your stuff.
I think you come out the winner on this one anyway, because you could conceivably (sp?) get well over $100 iin "services" from the chickies.
Anyway, it's a moral victory at the very least :D
-Chris "Judge Wapner" Rodriguez

Ian
11-14-2002, 11:20 PM
well RD I would say that puts you at the front of the pack, gas powered blenders are key. With a blender you can make margarittas, and with margariitas you can add a lot of tequilla, and with a lot of tequilla... well you get the picture.

syke-o
11-14-2002, 11:30 PM
I actually think the gas blender is a better choice than the bong, but like rd said why not :) :) bring both to cover all bases

Party Cat
11-15-2002, 09:30 AM
Ian:
well RD I would say that puts you at the front of the pack, gas powered blenders are key. With a blender you can make margarittas, and with margariitas you can add a lot of tequilla, and with a lot of tequilla... well you get the picture.How about if ya add a shiny 6 foot brass pole to the equation along with the gas blender :D :D :D
http://www.speedcraving.com/dynda/jim/PartyCat/pole.jpg

Party Cat
11-15-2002, 10:01 AM
RiverDave:
Ya know I didn't even think of that.
Can I borrow your boat Dad?
:D
RDOnly if ya split the $100 with me :D :D :D
PS...Don't tell Mom about this :D

mike37
11-16-2002, 08:25 AM
THIS ALL SOUNDS FUN LETS ALL HANG TOGETHER AND HAVE ONE BIG PARY THE MORE BOATS THE MORE BEER AND BABES

24RODjr
11-17-2002, 04:09 PM
RiverDave:
24RODjr:
So are you saying when I show up in Daddy's boat and take the chix that it will be an "invalid" victory?
So I don't get the 100 bucks?
RD Allow me to Chime in here.
There are two issues at stake:
1) Taking the chicks. Always a win under any circumstances;
2) $100, Sorry RD, but you don't get the cash due to the ownership deal. Gotta win it with your stuff.
I think you come out the winner on this one anyway, because you could conceivably (sp?) get well over $100 iin "services" from the chickies.
Anyway, it's a moral victory at the very least :D
-Chris "Judge Wapner" RodriguezChris"Wapner"Rodriguez,
Earlier though I esssplained my strategy of taking the chicks with the stereo. That's going on the logic that the chicks will want to go where the party is, and the party is where the music/booze is.
Now the boat is pops there is no question there.
I however popped the dough for the stereo, so how does that work?
At that point wouldn't I split the 100 with Pops? :p
River"waitin on a ruling"DaveDave,
The law of the lake applies in this situation.
Section 1a.3 of the law states that any man who pulls chicks using another man's boat must pass one to the owner of the boat. Additionally, the one passed to the owner must not be the ugly/fat friend.
As to the monetary value, I'll front you the Benny if you take it and buy the beer for the party. :D
[ November 17, 2002, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: 24RODjr ]

concordjim
01-22-2003, 10:26 AM
Just curious which weekend in March/2003 is the one to show up at Copper Canyon? Coming out again from Tulsa OK.

mmered8299
01-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Ian:
Hey Boatjob I go to Havasu every year for spring break and I have the time of my life. A couple quick tips, first off you will be lucky to get a houseboat for spring break, I believe their is less than a dozen on the lake and I'm sure their all rented. Secondly, If you do get a house boat rest asured you will have to leave a fat deposit, and if you plan on spending anytime in Copper Canyon I can guarantee you won't be seeing any of that money again (take it from a guy who owns a boat solely for Copper Canyon)! Thirdly you may be better off renting a deck boat for the day and staying in Havasu City at night, During the day the place to be is the Copper Canyon but at night you'll want to be at Kokomos. Anyways go to Havasu even if you don't get a house boat, it's a blast. Lastly I'm not talking trash to anyone but going to Havasu with just the guys is the only way to go, there are so many girls there looking for boats to hang out on, it would be rediculous to bring any girls (kinda like bringing sand to the beach)! Or like bringing a ham sandwich to a banquit!