PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah delivered ontime.

moneypit
05-07-2003, 11:37 PM
First Time on the water (Easter)...See you next week on the river.
496 Mag Ho. 7 hours. Runs strong and smooth. It seems though it want more prop. Any suggestions? I was thinking a 3 blade 24 pitch. I have a 4 blade 23 on it now. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/84Cheetah_2003-med.jpg

24ROD
05-08-2003, 04:53 AM
Nice lookin boat, and Avitar wink

SCUBA STEVE
05-08-2003, 08:46 AM
Nice looking boat. :D

DogHouse
05-08-2003, 08:58 AM
Nice looking Stiletto. Kinda looks like a real Cheetah, the jungle-cat type!
I think a 24p Bravo I four blade would be a good starting point, or maybe even a 26. Are you on the rev limiter now with the 23? A 3 blade may get you an extra mph or two, but handling and holeshot may suffer. What does Bob recommend? I found that he was close to the mark when I was setting up my Cheetah 23.
RD, yeah it's a mod-vp style bottom, flat full-depth center pod, wide shallow tunnels, small angled outer sponsons. It's a great handling boat, fun to drive, but is somewhat limited in big water.
-brian

bigq
05-08-2003, 09:34 AM
Very nice, I like the profile on that 24'.I have a question maybe you or brian can answer. Do they only use the side vents for the fresh air or can you have them integrated with the handles in the back? I was thinking they anly put them on the side because of water coming over the steps in the back, is this a problem with that?
Thanks, Wayne

moneypit
05-08-2003, 10:44 AM
The air vents are mainly put on the side. I beleive it gets plenty of air from the sides. That was one of my first questions when I ordered from bob.
Its not running a rev limiter. Like I mentioned, it only has 7 hrs on it. SO its going through the brake-in period. I hope to get more out of the boat when it does brake-in. From what I have read, they say the HO doesnt really show anything until 20 hrs are met (computer shit).
All I care about is a good riding boat that can steer itself when I look in the back seat at 4 G-strings to tell them to make me a sandwiche and rub big daddy's back

Sandbar Mike
05-08-2003, 10:50 AM
Money pit, Great looking ride, I always liked the cheetah 24,
I had a cheetah 23 2001, with the 6.2 320hp with a 24p 4 blade bravo prop I could run around in the upper 60's all day.
Good luck
keep us updated on the numbers.