PDA

View Full Version : A Leadership Decision.

Licketty Split
03-12-2003, 08:41 AM
You are the President of the United States.
Scientists have discovered a meteor that is headed towards the earth. They
have calculated that it will strike France in 2 days, at approximately 2:30
A.M.
The meteor is large enough to completely wipe France from the face of the
earth forever.
France and the United Nations have requested that the United States send all
available ships and aircraft to help evacuate the country. Among the ships
and planes you could be sending are many that are being used to fight the
war
on terror overseas.
As the President, you must decide: Do you...
A) Stay up late on the night of the impact to watch the coverage live?
B) Tape it and watch it in the morning?

Jungle Boy
03-12-2003, 09:35 AM
Tape it

Essex502
03-12-2003, 09:49 AM
Grab a big bucket of popcorn and a coupla' cold ones and watch it live - with a big :D on my face. f the French. Russkis too. And the Chinese as well as the Germans. They just don't get it.
[ March 12, 2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Essex502 ]

Licketty Split
03-12-2003, 10:08 AM
Yeah may be when the gas floats there way they will.

Jungle Boy
03-12-2003, 10:15 AM
I'm ashamed to say it the us Canadians are not much better. I'm not to blame, that I promise. The eastern homos of our country vote the Liberals in and the west pays taxes to pay for all the buffoons and their screw ups. I believe that we should have a stronger army but it's out of my control. I'd personaly like to separate and let them commie in the east go it alone. That's my bitch for the day. argue

OC-PARTYCAT
03-12-2003, 10:16 AM
he would grab a large freedom fry, and some freedom toast, and watch em ****in burn..yea baby :D

roostwear
03-12-2003, 10:35 AM
With Gray Davis' masterful handling of the "energy crisis" creating a gargantuan deficit, and GW's oil friends launching the price of gas over $2.00/gallon, we couldn't AFFORD to stop it even if we wanted to! I guess the politically correct thing to do would be to watch it on off-peak hours to save energy (bahahahaha).
I would think that at the very LEAST, the French would remember Hitler and recognize him in Saddam. I could understand the GERMANS not remembering, though.
Where was I? Oh yeah, tape it. :D

OC-PARTYCAT
03-12-2003, 10:51 AM
One thing I can never understand is why everyone only talks about the deficit. We really should look into the national "debt" its way up in the trillions. We just give our money to other contries that dont support us....thats a joke.
ps. F... Davis

Dusty Times
03-12-2003, 11:17 AM
Tell them all to cover their heads with a loaf of French Bread to protect them from the impact. Cause we don't have a use with anything French here. burningm

78Eliminator
03-12-2003, 01:09 PM
If the meteor was big enough to wipe out France, then the impact would cause enough debris to cover our entire atmosphere in dust and cause another ice age. We would have to save France, once again.

JetBoatRich
03-12-2003, 01:16 PM
Pull up a chair and watch it, not everyday you get to see that live :confused:

FishBoneRipple III
03-12-2003, 02:08 PM
1. Invite friends over.
2. Get cold bevereges, for everyone.
3. Sit back and watch it live.
4. Tape it.
5. Watch it again, and again, and again in slow motion while consuming more beers.

Dribble
03-12-2003, 02:27 PM
Hell I'd watch that even if it were on Pay Per View.
[ March 12, 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Dribble ]

Liberator TJ1984
03-12-2003, 02:36 PM
Stay up and watch it live :D
Unless I was in California eek! start moving !!!
It would probabably trigger massive Earthquakes around the world ???
You guys don't need anymore Shakin' goin on :p

spectratoad
03-12-2003, 02:38 PM
I would watch it live, tape it and watch it again the next morning. But like 78 Elim said it would cover the earth with dust so I would have to buy a warm coat first and a work light so i could keep watching it. :D

HighRoller
03-12-2003, 02:54 PM
I think if France were to ask us for assistance in such a case,we would most definitely have to demand that the U.N. provide more proof such an asteroid existed,and undoubtedly ask that the U.N asteroid inspectors be given another 90 days to confirm the existence and verify the danger such asteroid might present.Finally,we who don't agree with using up our assets to save France would stage anti-asteroid stopping rallies and burn the french flag.

RiverTime69
03-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Bravo!!! HighRoller...well said.

Desert Rat
03-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Stay up late, throw a party complete with roasted frog legs and just sit back and enjoy!!!

Essex502
03-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Did France ever formally thank the U.S.A. for helping them to not having to learn to speak German? They're so proud of their language and heritage they forget it was the Brits and the U.S. that saved their a$$es in WW2. Damn Frogs - no offense to Froggy.

Charley
03-12-2003, 03:24 PM
I would hustle over and grab the eifell tower.... transplant it next to the london bridge..... eventually we can have all of europes landmarks wink

H4215
03-12-2003, 03:36 PM
FishBoneRipple III:
1. Invite friends over.
2. Get cold bevereges, for everyone.
3. Sit back and watch it live.
4. Tape it.
5. Watch it again, and again, and again in slow motion while consuming more beers. Uuhh, this one definitely.

Tinkerer
03-12-2003, 03:40 PM
One just a mile accrost should be enough to do the job without total distruction of the weather on the rest of the earth. I would sit back and have a cold one and toast the arival of new USA property -- since our people would probable find it first we could claim it our land and when it is 1 inch deap covering FRANCE we will be the new owner of a chunk of EUROPE. Just found out my older sister is a DEM. WOW it's like talking to a brick wall. She starts quoting a bunch of BS and I told her it was BS and she says I should read more. I then tell her that I probably read 10 times what she reads of both sides and she still wont even listen. Just talkes over me. ( She has ALWAYS been a know everything person -TALKS OUT HER A$$ half the time -- I even caught her in lies and proved it and she still wont listen) I found out why old people are DEMS. They like BIG government for all the hand outs. ( MY DAD IS A DEM.) How the HELL did I become a REP???
OH and I would still move out of CALIFORNIA -OH and the east coast and florida.(tidal waves )
[ March 12, 2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Tinkerboater ]

ROZ
03-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Charley:
I would hustle over and grab the eifell tower.... transplant it next to the london bridge..... eventually we can have all of europes landmarks wink LMAO!!! :D

ROZ
03-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Licketty Split:
You are the President of the United States.
Scientists have discovered a meteor that is headed towards the earth. They
have calculated that it will strike France in 2 days, at approximately 2:30
A.M.
The meteor is large enough to completely wipe France from the face of the
earth forever.
France and the United Nations have requested that the United States send all
available ships and aircraft to help evacuate the country. Among the ships
and planes you could be sending are many that are being used to fight the
war
on terror overseas.
As the President, you must decide: Do you...
A) Stay up late on the night of the impact to watch the coverage live?
B) Tape it and watch it in the morning? I think I'd tape it. But like everything else I tape, I'd probably never go back and watch it. Who cares anyway.....

spectratoad
03-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Tinkerboater, you know I have to agree with the older people comment, or as Rush says, "seasoned citizens" My dad is a replubican, or used to be. He is getting to the social security age, getting ready to semi-retire, he has plenty of money and is well off but he keeps taling about the handouts and medicare and keeps bashing the current administration for the way they are giving crumbs to the lower income, elderly etc... I think Al Bore is taking over his brain somehow. eek!