PDA

View Full Version : Air cond. will it work ?

Mrs.909er
07-21-2003, 12:29 PM
We just bought a 32 foot travel trailer this summer. We stay at Crazy Horse with it. It has one upgraded air cond. Just wondering if it'll work in this heat out there. We are suppose to go the first weekend in August. We have kids.....so they need to be able to stay cool if they are going to go with us. Thanks.

Back To Havasu
07-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Depends on the size of A/C unit, amount of insulation in trailer, and location on roof. Usually, to guaranty being cool, a 32' unit runs two A/Cs, one for bedroom, and one for rest of unit. If it has one large A/C, probably having the kids sleep under the strongest vent will keep them cool, but I don't know about the rest of your trailer. Just my $.02. :cool:

Mrs.909er
07-21-2003, 12:40 PM
All I know is it only has on ac unit...but it is an upgraded one. My main concern is the kids, I could care less about us. I guess the temp. is 115 during the day and 90 at night right now.
Thanks.

Jrocket
07-21-2003, 01:21 PM
I would be more worried about the breaker blowing than anything.Seems like these parks dont have what it takes to run multiples of people plugging into them.

Mrs.909er
07-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Jrocket:
I would be more worried about the breaker blowing than anything.Seems like these parks dont have what it takes to run multiples of people plugging into them. Do you think the breaker will blow?? I don't want that to happen!!!!!!!!!

Havasu Luvr
07-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Mrs.909er
All I know is it only has on ac unit...but it is an upgraded one. My main concern is the kids, I could care less about us. I guess the temp. is 115 during the day and 90 at night right now.
Thanks.
Mrs.909er,
I bought a 32' with a full slide last year with 1 upgraded unit...During the night it will keep things nice inside but during a 110+ day it will have a hard time.....We ended up buying those windshield visors (Mirrored) for each window. That seemed to help alittle. Crazyhorse does not offer any protection other then the VIP sites (trees) and a few other sites. Plan on being in the water during the hot days and in side during the nights for any relief. I will be in P-10 this weekend... Go Shockwave Regatte
This will be my third stay in 2 years...P sites every time and never a problem with the 30amp service :D
[ July 21, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Luvr ]

Jrocket
07-21-2003, 01:38 PM
Mrs.909er:
Jrocket:
I would be more worried about the breaker blowing than anything.Seems like these parks dont have what it takes to run multiples of people plugging into them. Do you think the breaker will blow?? I don't want that to happen!!!!!!!!! When the park is crowded or has alot of people on one circuit is usually blows the breaker.Too many people trying to run their airs in the extreme heat.from what I found,most parks only have 30-40 amp breakers.If you can try to get a spot away from the others,it wouldnt hurt.

HavasuDreamin'
07-21-2003, 01:39 PM
P-10 is the best site.....right on the peninsula. Lots of space plus protected water so I could leave the boat in over night and not have to worry. Great site. :cool:

Mrs.909er
07-21-2003, 01:44 PM
There we go...that was help I was looking for. Maybe we should rent out two spots to guar. that we don't have to share it with anyone. Does the point have bigger amp breakers than the other sites?? We usually stay on J row...stayed @ P-4 for Memorial....and it was hard to get into. Thank you everyone for your info.. and suggestions.

Havasu Luvr
07-21-2003, 01:44 PM
HavasuDreamin'
P-10 is the best site.....right on the peninsula. Lots of space plus protected water so I could leave the boat in over night and not have to worry. Great site. I think so...I try to stay there for the regatte's and Mar. mens trip....much easier then trying to pull the boat out every night or trying to get a slip at Kokomo's. Although Crazyhorse needs to relax alittle on the rules, but they are tolerable for 2 trips a year. Look for my ride and Sandbar Mike's 29 Force. We'll be sport'in cold ones

Mrs.909er
07-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Havasu Luvr:
HavasuDreamin'
P-10 is the best site.....right on the peninsula. Lots of space plus protected water so I could leave the boat in over night and not have to worry. Great site. I think so...I try to stay there for the regatte's and Mar. mens trip....much easier then trying to pull the boat out every night or trying to get a slip at Kokomo's. Although Crazyhorse needs to relax alittle on the rules, but they are tolerable for 2 trips a year. Look for my ride and Sandbar Mike's 29 Force. We'll be sport'in cold ones You guys will be there Aug.1st-3rd??

Havasu Luvr
07-21-2003, 01:53 PM
Mrs. 909er
Look into Havasu Falls RV Park. We stayed there on the 4th. VERY VERY Clean. only a few years old. North end of town, just north of the Texaco station. All concrete pads, asphalt driveways and gravel patio space. Very nice clubhouse (A/C) with pool table, huge big screen TV and dart board. 3-6' outside swimming pool and nice, clean bathrooms and showers and a laundry room and 30/50 amp service. Very Nice...would Highly recommend to any body. Two draw backs ! ! no launch ramp, but a short drive to Winsor Beach and No Trees. Much nicer then Crazyhorse. especially if you are not doing a P site....
PS, did I mention it is much cheaper then the site on the island?? Summer rates are only $28.00 night FULL Hook-up W/cable for 2 peeps... $3.00 night additional per night...plus a $10.00 month phone hook-up.
[ July 21, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Luvr ]

SCUBA STEVE
07-21-2003, 01:58 PM
Havasu Luvr:
HavasuDreamin'
P-10 is the best site.....right on the peninsula. Lots of space plus protected water so I could leave the boat in over night and not have to worry. Great site. I think so...I try to stay there for the regatte's and Mar. mens trip....much easier then trying to pull the boat out every night or trying to get a slip at Kokomo's. Although Crazyhorse needs to relax alittle on the rules, but they are tolerable for 2 trips a year. Look for my ride and Sandbar Mike's 29 Force. We'll be sport'in cold ones Just curious, what dont you like about crazyhorse's rules? I dont like that they dont allow kegs. :D We dont have a shockwave, but we'll be out this weekend and would like to meet you. Hopefully we'll catch you at the sandbar. :D
mrs 909er, we always rent one of the mobile units there, and have been in the 5th wheels they rent , as well as one of my friends rv's, all during the major holiday's, I dont think you will have a problem with the breaker, we never have.
I wouldnt know a thing about your travel trailer. But any a/c is better then no a/c wink

Havasu Luvr
07-21-2003, 02:07 PM
Hey Scuba Steve,
I dont like the rule of No Visitors after 6pm.. I sometimes have guess that I want to entertain and take back to camp and have a nice fire (on the beach) and sip on a glass of wine exchanging river stories. I have been watching you post for awhile, I think it is about time we meet. I'll make sure Sandbar Mike has cold ones waiting for us :D We should be arriving Friday afternoon. I should be in the channel mid afternoon to hook up with SandBar Mike & Gilmore. Deciding on whats for dinner. Stop by P-10 or look for our boats. 29' Shockwave (white/yellow/purple) and a 29' Force (white/blue flame).
[ July 21, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Luvr ]

Back To Havasu
07-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Yes HavasuDreamin' when are you coming out to Havasu, so I can buy you and yours a cold one? :D

SCUBA STEVE
07-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Havasu Luvr:
Hey Scuba Steve,
I dont like the rule of No Visitors after 6pm.. I sometimes have guess that I want to entertain and take back to camp and have a nice fire (on the beach) and sip on a glass of wine exchanging river stories. I have been watching you post for awhile, I think it is about time we meet. I'll make sure Sandbar Mike has cold ones waiting for us :D We should be arriving Friday afternoon. I should be in the channel mid afternoon to hook up with SandBar Mike & Gilmore. Deciding on whats for dinner. Stop by P-10 or look for our boats. 29' Shockwave (white/yellow/purple) and a 29' Force (white/blue flame). Cool. I seen your boat before, during spring break and at op6, We wont be there until Saturday morning though. Will you be hanging with the regatta all day Saturday?
There are ways around those rules at crazyhorse.
Its a little harder on holiday weekends. But on normal weekends, they dont enforce a lot of things. wink

Havasu Luvr
07-21-2003, 02:19 PM
SS,
I will be running the poker rune saturday morning. Then we areplaying it by ear...Sandbar or the channel for the afternoon. Saturday night is the Regatte dinner. What are you plans saturday afternoon??
I'm flexable...

mike37
07-21-2003, 02:52 PM
any one going on aug16-17
me and the wife are planing a trip W/O kids

Havasu Luvr
07-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Hey Mike37,
I'll be there too. 15 -17 Aug. for a mens trip...I see you're doing an adult trip as well. If you want to party with us it's cool. Just a few buds trying to be young again.. Could be interesting.

H.B. Brett
07-21-2003, 03:06 PM
It may not keep with the heat during the day, but you should be fine at night when it really counts. You said it was upgraded so it may be fine all day long. I have a single A/C, but my RV is only 26 FT. It's cool 24 hours a day in 110 degree heat.
PS I agree with the short hair. Very cute.

Mrs.909er
07-21-2003, 03:09 PM
H.B. Brett:
It may not keep with the heat during the day, but you should be fine at night when it really counts. You said it was upgraded so it may be fine all day long. I have a single A/C, but my RV is only 26 FT. It's cool 24 hours a day in 110 degree heat.
PS I agree with the short hair. Very cute. Thank you for the info.....
Blonde or brown though?

H.B. Brett
07-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Blonde in the Summer, and Brown in the winter. Best of both worlds.

Mrs.909er
07-21-2003, 03:18 PM
H.B. Brett:
Blonde in the Summer, and Brown in the winter. Best of both worlds. :D Thanks....that's what I used to do.

SCUBA STEVE
07-21-2003, 03:18 PM
Havasu Luvr:
SS,
I will be running the poker rune saturday morning. Then we areplaying it by ear...Sandbar or the channel for the afternoon. Saturday night is the Regatte dinner. What are you plans saturday afternoon??
I'm flexable... We'll be at the sandbar, till 5 or so, then head to the channel for the rest of the day. :D

mike37
07-21-2003, 04:03 PM
Havasu Luvr:
Hey Mike37,
I'll be there too. 15 -17 Aug. for a mens trip...I see you're doing an adult trip as well. If you want to party with us it's cool. Just a few buds trying to be young again.. Could be interesting. ill look for ya

Trailer Park Casanova
07-22-2003, 02:47 AM
The 32" slide outs are the most popular now.
Sounds like you ordered it with the 15.000 BTU unit. Good choice.
Several things effect if it'll cool well.
Even though the park power may be 30 AMP per site, that doesn't mean you'll get a full 30 AMPS to your unit. You may be drawing less than 24 or 25 AMPS like what is common at Emerald Cove or Echo Lodge.
This because so many other units are drawing off the same transformer.
A brown out.
Think of electricity as a water line. Sooner or later if people keep hooking up to it,, you'll have little flow. Campground power can be the same at some parks.
Fox's and a few other Havasu/Parker sites have full 50 AMP, with 30 amp recepticals off the same grid too, and it is plenty.
We have the 32' slide, and have put the insulation in the windows, and request a campspot a few rows back from the crowd that is on a different "buss/grid" that the rest of the crowd.
Often some campgrounds along the river have seperate 50 amp sites, with 30 amp plugs in the same box and you can request one of those.
You'll get a full 30 AMP jolt, your a/c compressor will struggle a bit less and run cooler too, and last longer.
It'll probably work OK, you'll be fine.
If you keep poping the breaker, turn off the water heater or put it on gas, and put the refer on gas too, freeing up a few more amps for the A/c to draw.
[ July 22, 2003, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

Mrs.909er
07-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Trailer Park Casanova:
The 32" slide outs are the most popular now.
Sounds like you ordered it with the 15.000 BTU unit. Good choice.
Several things effect if it'll cool well.
Even though the park power may be 30 AMP per site, that doesn't mean you'll get a full 30 AMPS to your unit. You may be drawing less than 24 or 25 AMPS like what is common at Emerald Cove or Echo Lodge.
This because so many other units are drawing off the same transformer.
A brown out.
Think of electricity as a water line. Sooner or later if people keep hooking up to it,, you'll have little flow. Campground power can be the same at some parks.
Fox's and a few other Havasu/Parker sites have full 50 AMP, with 30 amp recepticals off the same grid too, and it is plenty.
We have the 32' slide, and have put the insulation in the windows, and request a campspot a few rows back from the crowd that is on a different "buss/grid" that the rest of the crowd.
Often some campgrounds along the river have seperate 50 amp sites, with 30 amp plugs in the same box and you can request one of those.
You'll get a full 30 AMP jolt, your a/c compressor will struggle a bit less and run cooler too, and last longer.
It'll probably work OK, you'll be fine.
If you keep poping the breaker, turn off the water heater or put it on gas, and put the refer on gas too, freeing up a few more amps for the A/c to draw. Ya, we have a 32' with a slide....I think you are right on the size for the air cond. I'll call Crazyhorse and see what they have.
Hope to see some of you out there Aug. 1st-3rd.

Ducatista
07-22-2003, 01:04 PM
Mrs.909er:
We just bought a 32 foot travel trailer this summer. We stay at Crazy Horse with it. It has one upgraded air cond. Just wondering if it'll work in this heat out there. We are suppose to go the first weekend in August. We have kids.....so they need to be able to stay cool if they are going to go with us. Thanks. You guys should be fine provided the park doesn,t loose power or blow any breakers. I have a 30ft Travel Trailer with a slide at the Islander equipted with one 13.500BTU roof air,which does ok on the really hot days. Window insulation, roof vent insulation, and keeping the door shut as much as possible with the kids will help. Turn in on high earily in the morning to help get a jump on inside temp. Have fun & stay wet!

H.B. Brett
07-22-2003, 03:52 PM
Also, never put the kids down for a nap and travel too far away from the trailer. As people have mentioned, brown outs do occur, and once a breaker pops the temps climb quickly. No baby cookin allowed in most campsites! cry

Mrs.909er
07-22-2003, 10:11 PM
H.B. Brett:
Also, never put the kids down for a nap and travel too far away from the trailer. As people have mentioned, brown outs do occur, and once a breaker pops the temps climb quickly. No baby cookin allowed in most campsites! cry Ya....I don't need my 6 week old dying from SIDS or anything!I think we will try to stay in the water most of the day, and go back to camp when it starts to cool off. The kids can nap in the boat. sleeping

SCUBA STEVE
07-23-2003, 07:38 AM
Mrs 909er, the scuba family will be out in parker next weekend, and we are thinking of heading to the south end of havasu for the day. Maybe we can meet up somewhere? :D

Mrs.909er
07-23-2003, 11:13 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
Mrs 909er, the scuba family will be out in parker next weekend, and we are thinking of heading to the south end of havasu for the day. Maybe we can meet up somewhere? :D Looks like we are going to Havasu this weekend now.....but I'll be sure to let you know .....because that would be nice. As long as your wife will get naked with me. J/K.... I'm gonna be all covered up....shorts and all...still look like shit from having the baby...I have to get off my fat lazy ass and start working out.

Mrs.909er
07-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Havasu Luvr:
Mrs.909er
Thanks.
Mrs.909er,
I bought a 32' with a full slide last year with 1 upgraded unit...During the night it will keep things nice inside but during a 110+ day it will have a hard time.....We ended up buying those windshield visors (Mirrored) for each window. That seemed to help alittle. Crazyhorse does not offer any protection other then the VIP sites (trees) and a few other sites. Plan on being in the water during the hot days and in side during the nights for any relief. I will be in P-10 this weekend... Go Shockwave Regatte
This will be my third stay in 2 years...P sites every time and never a problem with the 30amp service :D There are no point or vip sites left....just called and made reservations.....we will be staying in our usual spot J-12...we have a lifted white Ford Excursion ....look for us...
[ July 23, 2003, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Mrs.909er ]

SCUBA STEVE
07-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Mrs.909er:
SCUBA STEVE:
Mrs 909er, the scuba family will be out in parker next weekend, and we are thinking of heading to the south end of havasu for the day. Maybe we can meet up somewhere? :D Looks like we are going to Havasu this weekend now.....but I'll be sure to let you know .....because that would be nice. As long as your wife will get naked with me. J/K.... I'm gonna be all covered up....shorts and all...still look like shit from having the baby...I have to get off my fat lazy ass and start working out. we'll be out there this weekend too. We will be launching from crazy horse so it should be hard to find you. :D

Mrs.909er
07-23-2003, 02:56 PM
See you there....does Mrs. Scuba need me to make her any pasties???

Danhercules
07-23-2003, 03:12 PM
If it gets too hot inside during the day, pull in the slide. You loose a lot of insulation in the slide. I did it with at friends rig and It kept cool. i also bought the little inserts for the vents, that helps too.

SCUBA STEVE
07-23-2003, 03:16 PM
Mrs.909er:
See you there....does Mrs. Scuba need me to make her any pasties??? Yeah, if you can that would be great :D We still cant find the sticky paper you have to use for them.
Our house has turned into a fabric store but we with out the sticky paper the pasties are no good. frown

Mrs.909er
07-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Danhercules:
If it gets too hot inside during the day, pull in the slide. You loose a lot of insulation in the slide. I did it with at friends rig and It kept cool. i also bought the little inserts for the vents, that helps too. never thought of that...thank you...I bet that will help out a lot.

Mrs.909er
07-23-2003, 03:31 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
Mrs.909er:
See you there....does Mrs. Scuba need me to make her any pasties??? Yeah, if you can that would be great :D We still cant find the sticky paper you have to use for them.
Our house has turned into a fabric store but we with out the sticky paper the pasties are no good. :( I already have like 30 or so made...so I'll bring those....I have all sizes....but I have a lot more for bigger nipples like mine. :p

SCUBA STEVE
07-23-2003, 04:06 PM
lmao. :D :D

Ducatista
07-24-2003, 11:06 AM
test web page (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/886107-0782_IMG-thumb.JPG)