PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a Lift........

Mandelon
03-07-2003, 10:09 PM
Check out this Excursion.....
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/509/45sweettruck-med.jpg
Doin better than this guy....
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/501/45help.jpg
[ March 07, 2003, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Mandelon ]

HCS
03-07-2003, 10:13 PM
That's wild. Money to burn.

Mod VP
03-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Was that at Glamis from Prez. Day this year?

MOPAR2YA
03-07-2003, 10:41 PM
Mandelon:
Check out this Excursion.....
Doin better than this guy....
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/501/45help.jpg \
Damn sandbars :D

Havasu Doug
03-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Is it just me or would anyone else be afraid to ride in this? Especially on the dunes! At least with the real monster trucks, their tires are so wide that they are not that unstable. This Excursion seems extremely top heavy. eek!

Johnwithjm
03-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Hope that thing doesn`t tip over when it hits a beer can :D

JetBoatRich
03-08-2003, 06:50 AM
A lot of money in a lift, for show?

XLGPP
03-08-2003, 09:03 AM
if you go to glamis during thanksgiving weekend you will see shit tons of these. makes my 10" lifted HD2500 look like a low rider.

Raskal
03-08-2003, 12:00 PM
the guy that owns that one has done alot of trucks like that and they all are bad ass .and cost way to much money

Her454
03-08-2003, 02:56 PM
Havasu Doug:
Is it just me or would anyone else be afraid to ride in this? Especially on the dunes! At least with the real monster trucks, their tires are so wide that they are not that unstable. This Excursion seems extremely top heavy. eek! HD, you couldnt pay me to ride in one like that again..rolled 4 times off a 60ft dune in Pismo in a truck similar to it. Way tooooo top heavy and a ride I dont care to go on again. Ice Chests, Beer, Soda, Speakers, Glass, looked like an airplane crash when we finally hit the bottom.
eek!
And BTW, a friend of ours in a long travel buggy was following behind us in the ambulance......he said it was hauling a$$....now THAT was a ride!
[ March 08, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

UtlGoa
03-09-2003, 04:03 PM
One word..........Useless!

HBjet
03-09-2003, 04:57 PM
The guy that ownes that orange Ford has a lot of money to burn. He also has a lifted yellow Chevy 2500HD crew cab with the Caddy front clip just as high, and has a yellow F350 crew cab lifted that high, a yellow and purple HTM, lowered orange chevy astro van and an orange 2 door Tahoe, and a orange rail. Yeah, he's got money to burn!
HBjet
[ March 09, 2003, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Duke
03-09-2003, 11:30 PM
HBjet:
The guy that ownes that orange Ford has a lot of money to burn. He also has a lifted yellow Chevy 2500HD crew cab with the Caddy front clip just as high, and has a yellow F350 crew cab lifted that high, a yellow and purple HTM, lowered orange chevy astro van and an orange 2 door Tahoe, and a orange rail. Yeah, he's got money to burn!
HBjet i'll second that, that guy s got way to much money to burn

NMlakerat
03-10-2003, 12:29 AM
I sure don't miss those days I had a 85 chevy stepside with 18" of lift and 44's with a huge drop hitch so I could haul my old jet it takes two hours to get to the lake and I would have to stop for fuel half way there. nothing like driving a tractor. a two hour trip felt like you were beaten for days. now have a new suburban pulls the warlock sweet and you feel rested when you arrive and can return home on the same tank of fuel. how nice is that

Jordy
03-10-2003, 05:49 AM
That guy camps with us at Glamis. That thing is unreal. He had it sold last year and like HB said got a huge yellow crew cab. They both were on air bags that could pump up and give it about another 2' of lift with the ladder bar suspension. The interior of that excursion is all zebra print and it has a killer stereo and lots of neon too. It's not street legal, so he has to pull the front tires off and put stockers on to get it on his trailer to drag it out there. They had a whole spread on him in Truckin' a while back with the Astro van, the Excursion and a couple other cars he built. He also has an NSX on bags.
It's all about the toys. :D

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
03-10-2003, 11:45 PM
with all the money you would put in that truck would you not build something that works.Half of those trucks with huge lifts and all the other crap dont even have a front drive shaft. There is nothing worse than a truck on 44 s stuck on sand highway.Dont get me wrong i love lifted trucks i have had 7 trucks with 40s and 44s but thay all worked and drove to glamis. Getting home was a diffrent story sometines wink

Froggystyle
03-11-2003, 01:42 PM
CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE:
with all the money you would put in that truck would you not build something that works.Half of those trucks with huge lifts and all the other crap dont even have a front drive shaft. There is nothing worse than a truck on 44 s stuck on sand highway.Dont get me wrong i love lifted trucks i have had 7 trucks with 40s and 44s but thay all worked and drove to glamis. Getting home was a diffrent story sometines wink Yeah, but no one posts pictures of the trucks that work... the only ones talked about on Monday are the ones done to excess. Good or bad, that is just the way it is.

h2oski2fast
03-11-2003, 04:22 PM
A rule of thumb: Never dune the vehicle you have to drive home.

Bense468
03-11-2003, 04:38 PM
He did not dune that he just drove to the sand drags and back pretty much. His name is Craig Elder he used to have the yellow sub that was sky high and HB jet is right he has a lot of shit. The tahoe on 20's that was orange was his girlfriends. He also has a green expedition that is lifted. He sold a few of them I know that and gets his money from mommy and daddy. He also has an HTM that is ugly as hell.